Rank the last 10 Super Bowl losers from best to worst

CP3MVP

1. 2019 49ers - Loaded Roster, Defensive Juggxrnaught. #1 seed in a tough division. 

2 2012 49ers

3. 2017 Patriots

4. 2015 Panthers

5. 2016 Falcons

6. 2014 Seahawks

7 2020 Chiefs

8. 2013 Broncos

9. 2021 Bengals

10. 2018 Rams

Not quite as high on the 2015 Panthers as some. I’m more into complete teams/complete rosters. Always had Carolina losing to the Broncos or Pats in the SB. 

2017 Pats was probably the second best Patriot team of the 2010-2019 decade behind the 2016 team. Just couldn’t get it done in the SB. 

2021 Bengals weren’t exactly the greatest Super Bowl team, but they were very fun, and you could tell this was just their beginning like the 2001 Patriots. Not that they are going to make a bunch of Super Bowl’s, might not even make it back, but the point being Bengals will probably be better than their 2021 team majority of years going forward. That was just the start. 

2018 Rams shouldn’t of been in the Super Bowl due to that pass interference. It was the worst Super Bowl performances I have ever seen in my life. 

2013 Broncos were overrated, that defense, yikes. Fun offense though. 

On 2/27/2022 at 2:53 PM, BayRaider said:

1. 2019 49ers - Loaded Roster, Defensive Juggxrnaught. #1 seed in a tough division. 

2 2012 49ers

3. 2017 Patriots

4. 2015 Panthers

5. 2016 Falcons

6. 2014 Seahawks

7 2020 Chiefs

8. 2013 Broncos

9. 2021 Bengals

10. 2018 Rams

Not quite as high on the 2015 Panthers as some. I’m more into complete teams/complete rosters. Always had Carolina losing to the Broncos or Pats in the SB. 

2017 Pats was probably the second best Patriot team of the 2010-2019 decade behind the 2016 team. Just couldn’t get it done in the SB. 

2021 Bengals weren’t exactly the greatest Super Bowl team, but they were very fun, and you could tell this was just their beginning like the 2001 Patriots. Not that they are going to make a bunch of Super Bowl’s, might not even make it back, but the point being Bengals will probably be better than their 2021 team majority of years going forward. That was just the start. 

2018 Rams shouldn’t of been in the Super Bowl due to that pass interference. It was the worst Super Bowl performances I have ever seen in my life. 

Can we just drop that Rams shouldn’t have been in the Superbowl narrative. Two things can be true 1) it was a horrible call and 2) the Rams earned that win. And if we are being completely honest, the refs were screwing the Rams over a lot in that game. It’s just the Saints got the biggest screw job at the biggest moment. Even with saying all of that I think if you would’ve told 30 other teams even after that horrible call that they would be up 3pts needing one stop on defense to win they would take it. The Saints couldn’t stop the Rams. Then in OT the Saints won the coin toss and still had a chance to win a didn’t. So the Saints still had chances to win even after that horrible job and couldn’t do it. Again the Rams earned the right to get to the Superbowl in 2018. It comes down to what I always say, in order to get to and/or win the Superbowl you need to be able to overcome something and/or have a little luck. The Saints couldn’t overcome that bad call so they didn’t deserve to get to the Superbowl. Too bad too sad. 

Edited by stl4life07

I know it's not within the previous 10 years but can I just cut to the chase and state that the 2007 N.E. Patriots who went into the Super Bowl @ 18-0 before losing to the Giants was the greatest non SB winning team of All-Time?

As far as the previous 10 years? That's too much of a difficult question for me to answer. 

1.) 2020 K.C Chiefs. 

On 2/27/2022 at 3:53 PM, BayRaider said:

2 2012 49ers

3. 2017 Patriots

4. 2015 Panthers

5. 2016 Falcons

6. 2014 Seahawks

7 2020 Chiefs

8. 2013 Broncos

9. 2021 Bengals

10. 2018 Rams

The 17 Pats team was actually one of the weaker teams of that run 

Edited by CP3MVP

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

17 Pats

19 49ers

14 Seahawks

20 Chiefs

21 Bengals

16 Falcons

13 Broncos

15 Panthers

18 Rams

12 49ers

-----

The 2012 niners win it with Alex Smith. The 2014 Seahawks should've won but got too cute, and the 2019 niners got too predictable by the end of the game.

I'd really like to see the argument for having the '16 Falcons or '21 Bengals over the '15 Panthers.  That is crazy to me.

Panthers had the most impressive playoff win of any of them (demolishing a 13-3 Cardinals team), by far the best defense of the 3 teams, and even if you want to use the argument they had an "easy" schedule... they went 15-1.  Falcons went 11-5 and Bengals went 10-7.  And it ain't like the Bengals had some difficult schedule.

Edited by iknowcool

21 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

I'd really like to see the argument for having the '16 Falcons or '21 Bengals over the '15 Panthers.  That is crazy to me.

Panthers had the most impressive playoff win of any of them (demolishing a 13-3 Cardinals team), by far the best defense of the 3 teams, and even if you want to use the argument they had an "easy" schedule... they went 15-1.  Falcons went 11-5 and Bengals went 10-7.  And it ain't like the Bengals had some difficult schedule.

I was never that impressed with the Panthers, and I watched them all season because of fantasy football reasons.

I loved the swagger, but they looked like a team that massively overachieved from the start. To me, the 2015 team and 2017 weren't that much different.

On 3/1/2022 at 12:48 AM, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

I know it's not within the previous 10 years but can I just cut to the chase and state that the 2007 N.E. Patriots who went into the Super Bowl @ 18-0 before losing to the Giants was the greatest non SB winning team of All-Time?

As far as the previous 10 years? That's too much of a difficult question for me to answer. 

1.) 2020 K.C Chiefs. 

We saw what that great Giants front 4 did to Brady. I think both the 12 and 19 49ers do the same thing. Not sure if the 12 offense could hold up with Kaep at the helm, but I believe the 19 team would have scored more than 14 for sure