Disney completes 21st Century Fox acquisition

Acgott

Conglomerates aside, I can't believe nobody is talking about the fruits of this deal...

We may FINALLY get the Dr. Doom and Galactus we deserve, not to mention Kang and Magneto and even the Super Skrull joining the fray. This deal almost had to go through with the razor-thin prospects post-IW prior to the deal. Less we forget that Fox had access to the best Marvel villains and after Thanos, I'm hard-pressed to name any villains they still had the rights to to take over as the new big bad. Shuma Gorath is the only one that comes to mind. 

I'm afraid I have some sad news for those of you hoping to see Hugh Jackman reprise his role as Wolverine in the MCU, though: Jackman says his time as Wolverine has come and gone, but maybe this means we'll finally get to see Wolvie in the suit played by whoever they decide to recast in the role (he's already backed Tom Hardy to replace him in the MCU). Who knows? Maybe we'll get a post-credits scene in Avengers 4. It hasn't wrapped up production yet IIRC, so there's still time for them to shoehorn it in.

• 5 months later...
8 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Might be good for X-Men though.  I'm still not sure if I'd like to see X-Men join Marvel or have X-Men have their own universe. 

I think Xmen will be more interesting part of a greater universe. On their own, they probably continue to get pigeon holed into the same general racist storylines. 

1 hour ago, KManX89 said:

Fox has officially accepted Disney's upped offer:

So it looks like the X-Men and F4 are in good hands. 

Nope. Gotta bring in Kevin Feige and keep Kathleen Kennedy and any other higher up the f*** away from them. 

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

Disney just upped their offer to $75 billion in cash and stocks. Fox postponed their July 10th meeting where they planned to decide their move. 

Hats off to Rupert Murdoch. That is one hell of a deal for that company. 

Archived