Cowboys "likely" to release WR Amari Cooper at start of league year

TheKillerNacho

Cooper dropping some easy ones goes all the way back to Alabama. What I thought would make him special was his explosiveness/quickness, not his ability to catch everything. I try to actively avoid watching the Cowboys personally, so I can’t say I have any insight into what he’s been doing lately, but what most people are saying kind of tracks with what I saw when he was at Bama. I still think he can be a highly productive receiver in the league; it doesn’t have to be HoF or garbage. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Doesn't fit the narrative.

Will be ignored.

It's only a difference of 2.6 drop rate percentage (Davante Adams) vs. 3.2 drop rate percentage (Amari Cooper).

and/or...

70.4% catch rate percentage (Davante Adams) vs. 68.3% catch rate percentage (Amari Cooper).

And the only narrative being ignored is how much of an overall better QB Aaron Rodgers has been (in comparison to Dak Prescott).

So if we're going to nitpick a difference of only 0.6% (drop rate) and a difference of only 2.1 (Catch Rate but)?

Well then let's not forget to nitpick Amari Cooper's QB throwing him the 🏈 vs. Davante Adams All-Time great QB who's been throwing him the 🏈

✓ Previous 4 years (below):

Spoiler

Aaron Rodgers: 

2x All-Pro, 4x Pro Bowler and 2x MVP. 

√ 63 games. 

√ Record of 44-18-1 overall (69.8%). 

√ 1,463/2,223. 

65.8% Completion Percentage.

√ 16,858 Passing Yards. 

√ 136 Passing TDs. 

√ 15 INTs. 

√ 9 Fumbles lost. 

√ 24 Turnovers.

7.6 Yards per Pass Attempt. 

11.5 Yards per Pass Completion. 

√ 8.5 AY/A. 

√ QB Rating of 106.1. 

Vs. 

Dak Prescott: 

0x All-Pro, 1x Pro Bowler and 0x MVP. 

53 games. 

Record of 31-22 (58.4%).

1,305/1,940. 

67.3% Completion percentage. 

15,092 Passing Yards. 

98 TDs. 

33 INTs. 

17 Fumbles Lost. 

50 Turnovers. 

√ 7.8 Yards per pass attempt. 

√ 11.6 Yards per pass completion. 

8.0 AY/A. 

QB Rating of 100.3. 

So if we're going to nitpick a difference of only -0.6% drop rate percentage and a difference of only -2.1% Catch Rate Percentage?

Well then it's time to nitpick the talent gap between Aaron Rodgers vs. Dak Prescott too (when comparing Amari Cooper vs. Davante Adams). 

Because let's be honest here; before Davante Adams ever became a starter (2016) Aaron Rodgers himself was already a 2x All-Pro (2011 and 2014), 5x Pro Bowler (2009, 2011, 2012, 2014 and 2015), 2x MVP (2011 and 2014) + 1x SB 🏆 (2010) + 1x SB MVP (2010).

✓ (And all before Davante Adams ever became an NFL starter too).

But, Yeah. Right.

Let's nitpick Amari Cooper over a difference of 0.6% (drop rate) and a difference of only 2.1% (Catch Rate Percentage)...

While ignoring the difference of overall QB play? 

Amari Cooper is just as good/elite as Davante Adams. 

And as proven (above) Davante Adams has been extremely blessed by being drafted into an already 2x All-Pro QB, 5x Pro Bowler QB, 2x MVP QB, 1x SB winning QB and 1x SB MVP QB and all before Davante Adams ever became an NFL starter too.

Having Aaron Rodgers doesn't make Davante Adams "better" than Amari Cooper. 

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

41 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Cooper dropping some easy ones goes all the way back to Alabama. What I thought would make him special was his explosiveness/quickness, not his ability to catch everything.

I try to actively avoid watching the Cowboys personally, so I can’t say I have any insight into what he’s been doing lately, but what most people are saying kind of tracks with what I saw when he was at Bama.

I still think he can be a highly productive receiver in the league; it doesn’t have to be HoF or garbage. 

I freaking loved Amari Cooper @ Alabama and I never worried about his hands. 

Why would I? 

Within an elite SEC Conference and an Alabama 🏈 program that's been around since dating back to 1892 of 130 years ago; Amari Cooper ranked...

#1 All-Time in Alabama history with 228 Receptions. 

#1 All-Time in Alabama history with 3,463 Receiving Yards. 

#1 All-Time in Alabama history with 31 TD Receptions. 

#1 All-Time in Alabama history in Single Season Receptions with 124. 

#1 All-Time in Alabama history in Single Game Receptions with 13. 

#1 All-Time in Alabama history in Single Season Receiving Yards with 1,727. 

#1 All-Time in Alabama history in Single Game receiving yards with 224.

#1 All-Time in Alabama history in Single Season TD Receptions with 16.

#1 All-Time in Alabama history in Single Game TD Receptions with 3. 

And you mean to honestly tell me that you were worried about a couple of drops from an NCAA kid WR? Sheesh man you're a pretty tough judge. 

• Nonetheless in case you've missed Amari Cooper's production since his Alabama days he's currently ranked 9th All-Time within NFL history in NFL Receiving Yards before the age of 28 with 7,076 and also ranked 10th All-Time within NFL history amongst NFL WRs in Receptions before the age of 28 with 517. 

This kid has been one of my favorite All-Time WRs since dating back to his High School playing days down here in Florida so I'll be damned if I allow opposing fans to tell me just how mediocre he's truly been since Alabama and now NFL (and PS GW21 I'm not referring to you personally, @ all either). 

Just now, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

This kid has been one of my favorite All-Time WRs since dating back to his High School playing days down here in Florida so I'll be damned if I allow opposing fans to tell me just how mediocre he's truly been since Alabama and now NFL

So I’ll ask you again, do you know what a straw man is?

Because that’s a straw man…

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, MagicMT said:

This has to be the best troll job in the history of the forum. 

Nothing about my WR love for Amari Cooper is trolling.

I've loved his game since High School football down here in Florida, he then broke every single Alabama All-Time receiving record known to Alabama WR mankind before being drafted 4th overall. 

And now once on an NFL level he currently ranks 9th All-Time within NFL history in NFL Receiving Yards before the age of 28 with 7,076 and also ranks 10th All-Time within NFL history amongst NFL WRs in Receptions before the age of 28 with 517.

I feel in my heart the only one who's getting trolled is me by the one's telling me how much more Davante Adams is "better" than him.

I know the difference between Derek Carr/Dak Prescott vs. Aaron Rodgers...

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

2 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Nothing about my WR love for Amari Cooper is trolling.

I've loved his game since High School football down here in Florida, he then broke every single Alabama All-Time receiving record known to Alabama WR mankind before being drafted 4th overall. 

And now once on an NFL level he currently ranks 9th All-Time within NFL history in NFL Receiving Yards before the age of 28 with 7,076 and also ranks 10th All-Time within NFL history amongst NFL WRs in Receptions before the age of 28 with 517.

I feel in my heart the only one who's getting trolled is me by the one's who claim he's simply barely mediocre and/or the one's telling me how much Davante Adams is "better" than him.

Gotta admire your effort. Tell me you’re at least copy/pasting this stuff and not retyping it every time.

55 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

It's only a difference of 2.6 drop rate percentage (Davante Adams) vs. 3.2 drop rate percentage (Amari Cooper).

and/or...

70.4% catch rate percentage (Davante Adams) vs. 68.3% catch rate percentage (Amari Cooper).

And the only narrative being ignored is how much of an overall better QB Aaron Rodgers has been (in comparison to Dak Prescott).

So if we're going to nitpick a difference of only 0.6% (drop rate) and a difference of only 2.1 (Catch Rate but)?

Well then let's not forget to nitpick Amari Cooper's QB throwing him the 🏈 vs. Davante Adams All-Time great QB who's been throwing him the 🏈

✓ Previous 4 years (below):

Reveal hidden contents

Aaron Rodgers: 

2x All-Pro, 4x Pro Bowler and 2x MVP. 

√ 63 games. 

√ 1,463/2,223. 

√ 16,858 Passing Yards. 

√ 136 Passing TDs. 

√ 15 INTs. 

√ 9 Fumbles lost. 

√ 24 Turnovers.

√ 8.5 AY/A. 

√ QB Rating of 106.1. 

Vs. 

Dak Prescott: 

53 games. 

Record of 31-22 (58.4%).

1,305/1,940. 

15,092 Passing Yards. 

98 TDs. 

33 INTs. 

17 Fumbles Lost. 

50 Turnovers. 

8.0 AY/A. 

QB Rating of 100.3. 

So if we're going to nitpick a difference of only -0.6% drop rate percentage and a difference of only -2.1% Catch Rate Percentage?

Well then it's time to nitpick the talent gap between Aaron Rodgers vs. Dak Prescott too (when comparing Amari Cooper vs. Davante Adams). 

Because let's be honest here; before Davante Adams ever became a starter (2016) Aaron Rodgers himself was already a 2x All-Pro (2011 and 2014), 5x Pro Bowler (2009, 2011, 2012, 2014 and 2015), 2x MVP (2011 and 2014) + 1x SB 🏆 (2010) + 1x SB MVP (2010).

✓ (And all before Davante Adams ever became an NFL starter too).

But, Yeah. Right.

Let's nitpick Amari Cooper over a difference of 0.6% (drop rate) and a difference of only 2.1% (Catch Rate Percentage)...

While ignoring the difference of overall QB play? 

Amari Cooper is just as good/elite as Davante Adams. 

And as proven (above) Davante Adams has been extremely blessed by being drafted into an already 2x All-Pro QB, 5x Pro Bowler QB, 2x MVP QB, 1x SB winning QB and 1x SB MVP QB and all before Davante Adams ever became an NFL starter too.

Having Aaron Rodgers doesn't make Davante Adams "better" than Amari Cooper. 

My favorite part of your trolling is that when people bring up stats you don't like that shatter your point, you just keep regurgitating the same stats over and over again, often times in the same format using the same copy/paste as the original!

This is no different. Some guy tried to give you an insight that Davante Adams has a 2% advantage in catch rate while also having 200 more targets, and you just completely ignore it and continue on with your trolling about how their catch rates are comparable and how Aaron Rodgers shouldn't be compared to Dak Prescott, blah blah blah blah.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

I feel in my heart the only one who's getting trolled is me by the one's telling me how much more Davante Adams is "better" than him.

Well, since you love stats so much…

Davante Adams (4 years): 

57 games.

614 targets. ✔️

432 catches. ✔️

7.57 catches/game. ✔️

5,310 yards. ✔️

93.16 yards/game. ✔️

12.29 yards/catch.

47 TDs. ✔️

.82 TDs/game. ✔️

275 first downs. ✔️

4.82 first downs/game. ✔️

16 drops. ✔️

70.4% catch rate. ✔️

2.6% drop rate. ✔️

x2 First Team All-Pros. ✔️

x4 Pro Bowler ✔️

x1 TD leader. ✔️

Amari Cooper (4 years): 

62 games.

460 targets. 

314 catches.

5.06 catches/game.

4173 yards. 

67.31 yards/game. 

13.29 yards/catch. ✔️

28 TDs. 

.45 TDs/game. 

211 first downs.

3.4 first downs/game.

17 drops.

68.3% catch rate. 

3.2% drop rate. 

x0 First Team All-Pros.

x2 Pro Bowler.

0x Lead Leader in anything. 

The difference in Adams’ stats to Cooper’s in the same 4-year span (despite Adams playing in less games) is:

154 targets, 118 catches, 1,137 yards, 19 TDs. This would be a career year for Amari Cooper. If you extrapolate another full season onto Cooper’s totals, he’d still be behind in 3/4 of those categories, and only tied in one (yards). Meaning, if you give Cooper 79 games, he still has less bulk stats than Adams…in only 57 games. 22 games less.

I know the truth about Amari Cooper.

🤭🤭🤭

Edited by Yin-Yang
  • Like 10

46 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Davante Adams (4 years): 

57 games.

614 targets. ✔️

432 catches. ✔️

7.57 catches/game. ✔️

5,310 yards. ✔️

93.16 yards/game. ✔️

12.29 yards/catch.

47 TDs. ✔️

.82 TDs/game. ✔️

275 first downs. ✔️

16 drops. ✔️

70.4% catch rate. ✔️

2.6% drop rate. ✔️

x4 Pro Bowler ✔️

x1 TD leader. ✔️

Amari Cooper (4 years): 

62 games.

460 targets. 

314 catches.

5.06 catches/game.

4173 yards. 

67.31 yards/game. 

13.29 yards/catch. ✔️

28 TDs. 

.45 TDs/game. 

211 first downs.

3.4 first downs/game.

17 drops.

68.3% catch rate. 

3.2% drop rate. 

x0 First Team All-Pros.

x2 Pro Bowler.

The difference in Adams’ stats to Cooper’s in the same 4-year span (despite Adams playing in less games) is:

154 targets, 118 catches, 1,137 yards, 19 TDs. This would be a career year for Amari Cooper.

🤭🤭🤭

Applause GIFs | Tenor

4 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Davante Adams (4 years): 

57 games.

614 targets. ✔️

432 catches. ✔️

7.57 catches/game. ✔️

5,310 yards. ✔️

93.16 yards/game. ✔️

12.29 yards/catch.

47 TDs. ✔️

.82 TDs/game. ✔️

275 first downs. ✔️

16 drops. ✔️

70.4% catch rate. ✔️

2.6% drop rate. ✔️

x4 Pro Bowler ✔️

x1 TD leader. ✔️

Amari Cooper (4 years): 

62 games.

460 targets. 

314 catches.

5.06 catches/game.

4173 yards. 

67.31 yards/game. 

13.29 yards/catch. ✔️

28 TDs. 

.45 TDs/game. 

211 first downs.

3.4 first downs/game.

17 drops.

68.3% catch rate. 

3.2% drop rate. 

x0 First Team All-Pros.

x2 Pro Bowler.

🤭🤭🤭

Would you like to break down these numbers by targets?

Davante Adams

√ 0.70 receptions per target. 

8.64 yards per target. 

√ 0.07 TDs per target.

2.232 1st downs per target.

Amari Cooper

0.68 receptions per target.

√ 13.1 yards per target. 

0.06 TDs per target.

√ 2.233 1st downs per target. 

Pretty much identical efficiency production (outside of yards per target) and imo the only difference between the two has been 1.) Bulk and 2.) Aaron Rodgers. 

But you know what these numbers don't show?

It doesn't show how every game (except 1) Davante Adams has had Aaron Rodgers throughout these previous years in comparison to Amari Cooper's previous 4 who've played 1 game with Ben DiNucci, 1 game with Garrett Gilbert, 6 games with Derek Carr, 10 games with Andy Dalton and 53 games with Dak Prescott;

And that (above) automatically (imo) makes Amari Cooper's production more impressive than Davante Adams production. 

Look. I absolutely love both WRs and if both hit the FA open market both will automatically become the top two most coveted and both become the top two most sought after WR's (potentially) available.

But in no way shape or form do I believe Davante Adams is a better WR than Amari Cooper (although I do agree he's had the much better top 10 All-Time Great QB throwing him the Football). 

Davante Adams

√ 0.70 receptions per target. 

8.64 yards per target. 

√ 0.07 TDs per target.

2.232 1st downs per target.

Amari Cooper

0.68 receptions per target.

√ 13.1 yards per target. 

0.06 TDs per target.

√ 2.233 1st downs per target. 

Pretty much identical efficiency production (outside of yards per target) and imo the only difference between the two has been 1.) Bulk and 2.) Aaron Rodgers. 

But you know what these numbers don't show?

It doesn't show how every game (except 1) Davante Adams has had Aaron Rodgers throughout these previous years in comparison to Amari Cooper's previous 4 who've played 1 game with Ben DiNucci, 1 game with Garrett Gilbert, 6 games with Derek Carr, 10 games with Andy Dalton and 53 games with Dak Prescott;

And that (above) automatically (imo) makes Amari Cooper's production more impressive than Davante Adams production. 

Look. I absolutely love both WRs and if both hit the FA open market both will automatically become the top two most coveted and both become the top two most sought after WR's (potentially) available.

But in no way shape or form do I believe Davante Adams is a better WR than Amari Cooper (although I do agree he's had the much better top 10 All-Time Great QB throwing him the Football). 

Did you ever ask yourself why Amari doesn't get those type of targets?

Because if you watch him play, especially on the road, he gets shut down. 

It also takes a good amount of skill to win enough matchups to get targets. Davante top 2. Amari arguably top 15

9 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Applause GIFs | Tenor

Aaron Rodgers

√ 2x All-Pro, 4x Pro Bowler and 2x MVP. 

√ 63 games. 

√ 1,463/2,223. 

√ 16,858 Passing Yards. 

√ 136 Passing TDs. 

√ 15 INTs. 

√ 9 Fumbles lost. 

√ 24 Turnovers.

√ 8.5 AY/A. 

√ QB Rating of 106.1. 

Vs. 

Dak Prescott

53 games. 

Record of 31-22 (58.4%).

1,305/1,940. 

15,092 Passing Yards. 

98 TDs. 

33 INTs. 

17 Fumbles Lost. 

50 Turnovers. 

8.0 AY/A. 

QB Rating of 100.3. 

And let's be honest before Davante Adams ever became a starter (2016) Aaron Rodgers was already a 2x All-Pro (2011 and 2014), 5x Pro Bowler (2009, 2011, 2012, 2014 and 2015), 2x MVP (2011 and 2014) + 1x SB 🏆 (2010) + 1x SB MVP (2010).

(And all before Davante Adams ever became an NFL starter too).

Parks And Recreation Mic Drop GIF

1 minute ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Why would you do that? 

Pretty much identical efficiency production

except targets dont show efficiency. Catches do. Adams has the better catch rate by TEN points. THATS efficiency, not targets. Targets just show that Cooper isnt open as much or is getting outplayed by a teammate. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

This is just absolute crazy talk lol. I can't believe you unironically think Amari Cooper(who is a good player) is actually BETTER than Devante Adams. This is just.... wow.

• Like 1