Seahawks turned down our offer for R Wilson

ARTMONK HOF

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I would guess this all but guarantees we have no shot at Pickett and Willis. Say what you want, Rivera has been a disaster when it comes to the QB position. He has no clue what he’s doing

I'm not entirely sure what you would have had him do differently?

Year 1: Roll with Dwayne. Not his fault that Dwayne is an idiot. Would you have gotten someone else to start? Drafted Herbert or Tua? 

Year 2: Swung and missed on Stafford. Traded up for Mac Jones or Fields? Sure. We missed on that. But they thought we had a good defense and needed a QB to right it. Injury happened and was dead wrong.

Year 3: Swung and missed on A-Rod and Wilson (who sounds like he picked Den over us). Draft hasn't happened. 

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I would guess this all but guarantees we have no shot at Pickett and Willis. Say what you want, Rivera has been a disaster when it comes to the QB position. He has no clue what he’s doing

Is that the reason we have no shot at Pickett or Willis?

1 minute ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Is that the reason we have no shot at Pickett or Willis?

Partly, yes. He knows this team can’t compete without a QB and two years in a row they went for broke winning meaningless games dragging their draft position down for no reason. They knew Alex Smith wasn’t coming back and they used him to win a terribly weak division and that really set this team back. He basically admitted to it setting the team back when he said the division win put to much pressure on them.

The roster should’ve been gutted and anything of value should’ve been dealt away his first year. Instead, we’re here. Basically at a crossroads with just enough talent to keep us from picking high enough to get the best QBs on the board. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Whether anyone likes the idea to move or not I have to think we’ll move up for a QB in the draft if we don’t sign anyone in free agency. 

Nah, our guy will be there at 11 . Well. one of them will be . 🙃

13 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm not entirely sure what you would have had him do differently?

Year 1: Roll with Dwayne. Not his fault that Dwayne is an idiot. Would you have gotten someone else to start? Drafted Herbert or Tua? 

Year 2: Swung and missed on Stafford. Traded up for Mac Jones or Fields? Sure. We missed on that. But they thought we had a good defense and needed a QB to right it. Injury happened and was dead wrong.

Year 3: Swung and missed on A-Rod and Wilson (who sounds like he picked Den over us). Draft hasn't happened. 

Trade up for Fields or Jones. They have absolutely no excuse for passing on that. Not doing it and going into a season with Fitz and Heinecke was just stupid. 

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Trade up for Fields or Jones. They have absolutely no excuse for passing on that. Not doing it and going into a season with Fitz and Heinecke was just stupid. 

I'm with you that they should have done that (there's still the argument that the Giants would have had to trade with us), and these outcomes have maybe been the disaster because no QB chose to come here, but I wouldn't say Rivera's effort on the whole to solve it has been. 

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I'm with you that they should have done that (there's still the argument that the Giants would have had to trade with us), and these outcomes have maybe been the disaster because no QB chose to come here, but I wouldn't say Rivera's effort on the whole to solve it has been. 

I’m worried they’ll do something dumb with Watson. I just think that’s going to end up being a disaster for whoever deals for him.