Seahawks turned down our offer for R Wilson

ARTMONK HOF

It was never going to happen. He’s the franchises GOAT QB and they have nothing available to replace him. If Carrol and Schneider deal Wilson they’re both done. Now would I do it? Yes. They have an aging roster that needs a lot of talent. Everyone on that roster should be up for trade but when you have a QB you can turn things around fast. That’s that crews only saving grace. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Which means that if they are looking at losing out on the QB they want in the 1st, they will trade up to get him.

That’s my guess too. I think they trade up I front of the Giants to the Jets Pick at #4 and take Willis or Pickett there, most likely Willis bc he has the higher ceiling and I think Ron sees Willis as a smaller version of Cam.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

That’s my guess too. I think they trade up I front of the Giants to the Jets Pick at #4 and take Willis or Pickett there, most likely Willis bc he has the higher ceiling and I think Ron sees Willis as a smaller version of Cam.

Sure hope not. Feel like we’d probably be looking at 42 + next year’s 1st to make that jump.

I’m barely comfortable with the idea of taking any of these guys at 11. Using all 3 of the most valuable draft picks we currently own on one of these guys is…just too much.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, e16bball said:

Sure hope not. Feel like we’d probably be looking at 42 + next year’s 1st to make that jump.

I’m barely comfortable with the idea of taking any of these guys at 11. Using all 3 of the most valuable draft picks we currently own on one of these guys is…just too much.

We’re on the same page, I’m just worried that for the 1st time in 3 years Ron is feeling the pressure & getting desperate to get a QB like Dan/Bruce & to a lesser extent Shanahan in 2012 when they traded up for RG3. I think Ron will do what he should’ve done last year (trade up for Fields or Mac Jones) and he’ll trade up this year to get Willis if Willis is available at #4.

I have to say I'm glad they turned us down. 3-4 years ago he looked like a world beater . Just doesn't seem near as dynamic to me later . I think his best days are behind him . I feel like we dodged a bigger McNabb bullet .

The search for the golden chalice continues. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

I have to say I'm glad they turned us down. 3-4 years ago he looked like a world beater . Just doesn't seem near as dynamic to me later . I think his best days are behind him . I feel like we dodged a bigger McNabb bullet .

The search for the golden chalice continues. 

Last time I checked it’s not easy to play with a broken finger. Russ is the same guy he was in 2020 & the few years before that. I see nothing in his game that has slowed down, he’s still the most cerebral QB in the pocket I’ve ever seen in my life, he’s still moves wellX he doesn’t take unnecessary hits bc he slides well or runs out of bounds. He has a strong J accurate arm, he throws the ball on time with accuracy and he can make off-schedule plays constantly.

McNabb was always a lazy player who relied almost solely on natural talent. That’s the opposite of Russell Wilson who has worked & works everyday on his body &’his game to remain a top 5 QB in the NFL & he still is one.

12 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Which means that if they are looking at losing out on the QB they want in the 1st, they will trade up to get him.

If we're trading multiple 1st Rd picks for a QB?

I would rather do it with Wilson, Carr or Watson scenario, than moving up in the 1st Rd for an unknown.

It's just silly to me to think that multiple 1st round picks could possibly land us a Wilson, a Carr or a Watson. 3 pro bowl, Playoff & SB caliber QB's to completely make the Commanders legit?

Or 1st Rd prospect draftee QB's in a bad yr where the top pick, might not even be as good as Drew Lock.

My take....

If you're trading 1st Rd picks for a stud vet?

You don't try...

You get him, whatever the cost.

If I were Washington brass?

I would go after Watson.

Make Houston a deal, they can't refuse.

He's also the youngest & still in his prime stud of the group available.

29 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

If we're trading multiple 1st Rd picks for a QB?

I would rather do it with Wilson, Carr or Watson scenario, than moving up in the 1st Rd for an unknown.

It's just silly to me to think that multiple 1st round picks could possibly land us a Wilson, a Carr or a Watson. 3 pro bowl, Playoff & SB caliber QB's to completely make the Commanders legit?

Or 1st Rd prospect draftee QB's in a bad yr where the top pick, might not even be as good as Drew Lock.

My take....

If you're trading 1st Rd picks for a stud vet?

You don't try...

You get him, whatever the cost.

If I were Washington brass?

I would go after Watson.

Make Houston a deal, they can't refuse.

He's also the youngest & still in his prime stud of the group available.

What if those veteran QBs aren’t available in trade?

Would you just sit at 11 and take the best QB available?

That’s what I’d do, I’d hope that Willis of Pickett were there but were probably looking at Corral or Howell there.