Seahawks turned down our offer for R Wilson

ARTMONK HOF

23 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Partly, yes. He knows this team can’t compete without a QB and two years in a row they went for broke winning meaningless games dragging their draft position down for no reason. They knew Alex Smith wasn’t coming back and they used him to win a terribly weak division and that really set this team back. He basically admitted to it setting the team back when he said the division win put to much pressure on them.

The roster should’ve been gutted and anything of value should’ve been dealt away his first year. Instead, we’re here. Basically at a crossroads with just enough talent to keep us from picking high enough to get the best QBs on the board. 

This has been the longest and most unsatisfying "I Told You So" for me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Seems pretty obvious that all things being equal, they would have preferred to trade him to the AFC. Which makes sense — any team that has any hope of contending in the next 5 years, and I’m sure Seattle considers itself a team that can “reload” quickly (though I’m not so sure), should be looking to move their star QB out of their potential path if they can. 

Already starting to hear talk that Russ preferred Denver to us as well. Not that any of us could blame him, but it’s getting a little old hearing that we had the best deal on the table and it got nixed because the player preferred to go somewhere else. 

I don’t know that we really could have topped that deal for Russ. Two 1sts (theirs being higher this year), two 2nds, and three players is a ton. I think Daron Payne is more valuable than Shelby Harris, Lock is probably more valuable than Heinicke, and Fant is hard to find a comp for on our roster. Maybe Antonio Gibson?

So for us, it would have been two 1sts, two 2nds, Payne, Heinicke, and Gibson? Tough to find a way to give up more than that. But it’s also tough to keep seeing other teams land these guys while we are swinging and coming up empty like a blindfolded kid trying to hit a piñata. 

23 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Seems pretty obvious that all things being equal, they would have preferred to trade him to the AFC. Which makes sense — any team that has any hope of contending in the next 5 years, and I’m sure Seattle considers itself a team that can “reload” quickly (though I’m not so sure), should be looking to move their star QB out of their potential path if they can. 

Already starting to hear talk that Russ preferred Denver to us as well. Not that any of us could blame him, but it’s getting a little old hearing that we had the best deal on the table and it got nixed because the player preferred to go somewhere else. 

I don’t know that we really could have topped that deal for Russ. Two 1sts (theirs being higher this year), two 2nds, and three players is a ton. I think Daron Payne is more valuable than Shelby Harris, Lock is probably more valuable than Heinicke, and Fant is hard to find a comp for on our roster. Maybe Antonio Gibson?

So for us, it would have been two 1sts, two 2nds, Payne, Heinicke, and Gibson? Tough to find a way to give up more than that. But it’s also tough to keep seeing other teams land these guys while we are swinging and coming up empty like a blindfolded kid trying to hit a piñata. 

What’s crazy is this league has some bad owners. Stan Kroenke is a jerk. The Broncos don’t even have an owner. Also, at some point you have to wonder if Rivera is an issue? Alex Smith could’ve nixed the trade here and didn’t but he did complain about this staff on his way out. 

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

We offered three firsts. 

Well, to be fair, Wilson probably makes us the best team in the division. Denver is still going to face three other very good teams. The likelihood of Denver picks being better than the ones we offer is fairly high simply based on the division they play in. 

7 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Source? Or are you just going off of @e16bball's thoughts on what we might have offered?

Oh no...

Just going off of e16bball & my guesstimation.

We know we offered 3 firsts, or that's being reported.

Heiny is added, because Drew Lock was in the  deal.

And Gibson was my own, cause I'm about ready to trade his fumbling ***...lol

Also, if you’re Seattle and Washington was willing to continue upping their offer what in the hell are you thinking? It’s as dumb as the Lions trading Stafford to where he wanted to go for less. If you’re a GM and you do this you shouldn’t have your job anymore. 

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Also, if you’re Seattle and Washington was willing to continue upping their offer what in the hell are you thinking? It’s as dumb as the Lions trading Stafford to where he wanted to go for less. If you’re a GM and you do this you shouldn’t have your job anymore. 

Russ doesn’t care about the offer

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Well it looks like Jordan Schultz on twitter reported we weren’t willing to offer Chase Young. I have some faith in these guys now. 

You just never know what’s true because it was reported they never countered or responded. Idk we shall see. If they trade Chase they are screwed!!!

17 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Wilson had a no trade clause.

• Like 1