2022 Offseason Discussion

2 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I’m just not sure what some of these second-tier guys give us that we don’t already have. We certainly couldn’t get worse at a Baker next year, considering he would be healthy (in theory). Jimmy Garoppolo might be a little bit better, but he’s not good enough that I would give up huge assets for either. Just write it out in year five, then assess. I think it’s past that point though. We showed our cards and it’s hard to walk it back now.

Given that SF has no need for Jimmy with Lance on their roster--I dont think it would cost anything more than a 3rd, which is probably what they would get for Baker in a trade so its all a wash anyways in terms of compensation.

Jimmy G fits this offense perfectly because its incredibly similar to the one he was just running in SF for the last X amount of years with Shannanan. I also bet thats the main reason why Stefanski wants Jimmy. He know he can run this offense and is everything Baker isnt in that regard. Hes like a better version of Case Keenum

• Like 2

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

If we don’t get Watson it think Malik Willis is their backup plan. Trade Baker for a third to someone then take Malik and draft receivers and d lineman in the 2nd-3rd rounds. 

Like I said though if Andrew does in fact get the meeting. He’s closing the deal

I could live with Malik or Pickett

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Gonna have to go hard after another QB…

I hope it’s Carr. McDaniels liked Baker coming out, so it could be a nice trade where we can match players and lesser draft capital 

Carr is OK. He is an average quarterback; he’s going to hit the open guy. I would be OK with him if we don’t give up a ton. He is at least a high character professional it seems. I think I would rather him then Garoppolo.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Given that SF has no need for Jimmy with Lance on their roster--I dont think it would cost anything more than a 3rd, which is probably what they would get for Baker in a trade so its all a wash anyways in terms of compensation.

Jimmy G fits this offense perfectly because its incredibly similar to the one he was just running in SF for the last X amount of years with Shannanan. I also bet thats the main reason why Stefanski wants Jimmy. He know he can run this offense and is everything Baker isnt in that regard. Hes like a better version of Case Keenum

If we got him for a third and got the same out of Baker, I think that’s about the best I could hope for at this point. I think we opened Pandora’s box with Mayfield and showing our cards, that his time is up at this point.

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

If we don’t get Watson it think Malik Willis is their backup plan. Trade Baker for a third to someone then take Malik and draft receivers and d lineman in the 2nd-3rd rounds. 

Play Keenum until Malik is ready.

Like I said though if Andrew does in fact get the meeting. He’s closing the deal

I dont think so, this staff is bordering on 'coaching for their jobs' territory and cant afford a 2-3 year break in period with a rookie. Plus, this roster is ready to get to the playoffs at least right now. Which is all the more reason why the crystal ball says Jimmy.

Plus the meeting already happened, they just left Houston about an hour ago.

We need one of those massive NBA four-way trades. Deshaun Watson goes to the NFC South somewhere. We send Mayfield to Houston, back to his home state. We get Garoppolo from San Francisco. The Texans get a few draft picks from the NFC south team. And the 49ers get a third round pick and a random player.

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

Carr is OK. He is an average quarterback; he’s going to hit the open guy. I would be OK with him if we don’t give up a ton. He is at least a high character professional it seems. I think I would rather him then Garoppolo.

Last year really impressed me. Gruden gets fired mid year, Ruggs ruins his career, and leads them to the playoffs by winning two huge games at the end of the year. 

would love to see him playing in this offense with Cooper again

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I dont think so, this staff is bordering on 'coaching for their jobs' territory and cant afford a 2-3 year break in period with a rookie. Plus, this roster is ready to get to the playoffs at least right now. Which is all the more reason why the crystal ball says Jimmy.

Plus the meeting already happened, they just left Houston about an hour ago.

Even if we brought in Jimmy I think we’d still take a QB this year. But I think they’re going to go Deshaun all or nothing. If it doesn’t workout bring Baker back. Give him the Cousins treatment. 

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

Last year really impressed me. Gruden gets fired mid year, Ruggs ruins his career, and leads them to the playoffs by winning two huge games at the end of the year. 

I think Carr is honestly as good of a few year bridge guy as we could have. And I don’t think the cost would be as high as it could be from others.

Just now, NateDawg said:

I think Carr is honestly as good of a few year bridge guy as we could have. And I don’t think the cost would be as high as it could be from others.

He is only 30. Wills turns the corner by being able to stay healthy, add the run game and overall scheme, he can easily play another 5years

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

The only issue with Carr is that he is a yearly rollercoaster type player. Thats why the entire Raiders fanbase is torn on him.

He has a great year, then follows it up with a dud, then has a great year and then another dud. 

He is actually very similar to Baker in that respect.

12 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Play Keenum until Malik is ready.

Still like the potential idea of trading for love from the packers. Packers need to recoup from his draft to invest around Rodgers. He isn’t a true rookie. Has spent a few years in a similar system. He could be a  low risk high reward type player