2022 Offseason Discussion

Imagine being such a gifted athlete that you can play basketball in college and then switch to football without playing and someone thinks it’s possible in the NFL.  I’m not saying he’s the next Antonio Gates but that’s just amazing. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JDD said:

Imagine being such a gifted athlete that you can play basketball in college and then switch to football without playing and someone thinks it’s possible in the NFL.  I’m not saying he’s the next Antonio Gates but that’s just amazing. 

You’re right.

However, there are *some* transferable abilities: Soft hands, boxing out, having your head on a swivel, and having to find lanes with a hand in your face / being covered.

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Ah ok. Guess we’ll see if this works out. Has anyone besides gates like 20 years ago done this successfully?

Jordan Cameron and Jimmy graham, Darren Fells too

Edited by Kiwibrown

Just now, sdrawkcab321 said:

Ah ok. Guess we’ll see if this works out. Has anyone besides gates like 20 years ago done this successfully?

Jimmy Graham only played 1 year of football and didn’t exactly do a lot.

Mo Allie Cox has been a recent convert.

Just now, sdrawkcab321 said:

All had college football experience. It’s a big transition to make. Just saying he should have made it in college. 

Jordan Mailata never played a down of football and he got a bag as a tackle. 

He was pretty much a giant runningback/linebacker in rugby league 

3 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Jordan Mailata never played a down of football and he got a bag as a tackle. 

He was pretty much a giant runningback/linebacker in rugby league 

I’m surprised more rugby players don’t try to make the leap. Seems like there’s a lot that translates from rugby to football. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JDD said:

Every year I transition from Madden to 2k with no real issues.  Not sure I see what the big deal is.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’m surprised more rugby players don’t try to make the leap. Seems like there’s a lot that translates from rugby to football. 

Interestingly Jordan wasn't projected to make a top grade NRL team, he was too big. His defense wouldn't have been strong enough and he was probably going to get hit really hard to with a giant strike zone. 

Top NRL and Rugby players make north of a million per year and also experience prestige in culture, I think that would be the harder part to turn dow, you go from a somebody to a no nobody.