2022 Offseason Discussion

4 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Maybe some Clowney news dropping soon, Myles post on IG a picture of them shaking hands and the caption unfinished business 

Idk if that has anything to do with anything. But all I want left in this offseason is to sign clowney. I’m not invested in the draft. I don’t really care about the bargain bin WRs left. I just want clowney. And I really want him on a multi year deal. We’ve added nothing to the defense this year and a clowney loss would be huge imo. 

11 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Idk if that has anything to do with anything. But all I want left in this offseason is to sign clowney. I’m not invested in the draft. I don’t really care about the bargain bin WRs left. I just want clowney. And I really want him on a multi year deal. We’ve added nothing to the defense this year and a clowney loss would be huge imo. 

Agreed

25 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He was a first round pick a year ago. They are looking for a 1st. No chance they’d entertain a 3rd. 

They would only get a 2nd  if you have a 1st you can draft someone equally talented with an extra year of control. 

They are selling too, so it's not like they command a position. Furthermore he has an injury issue and a maturity issue.

8 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He was a first round pick a year ago. They are looking for a 1st. No chance they’d entertain a 3rd. 

They’re not getting a first for a guy they’re punting on after a year. They already drove that new car off of the lot.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

They’re not getting a first for a guy they’re punting on after a year. They already drove that new car off of the lot.

He only got 400 yards last year and wasnt particularly promising. 

Has red flags with crap he says 

Has red flags with motivation, apparently. I was at a 3, but more likely a 4. 

On 4/23/2022 at 8:08 AM, Kiwibrown said:

He only got 400 yards last year and wasnt particularly promising. 

Has red flags with crap he says 

Has red flags with motivation, apparently. I was at a 3, but more likely a 4. 

He’s talented as hell, but when a team is looking to move after one years?!?  Oof.  I’d offer a day 3 pick at best.

Maybe he matures and figures it out, but I’m not risking a decent asset on that hope.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’s talented as hell, but when a team is looking to move after one years?!?  Oof.  I’d offer a day 3 pick at best.

Maybe he matures and figures it out, but I’m not risking a decent asset on that hope.

Corey Coleman vibes all day.

• Like 1

Slightly off topic but I feel Justin Gilbert has Johnny Manziel to thank for just how under the radar he was as a “take the money and run” flop. They came from the same class, and obviously Manziel stole the spotlight. Gilbert and Coleman are basically the separate side of the LOS equivalents of each other. I think Gilbert managed to care even less than Coleman though.

• Like 2

If Conklin cant go or is Hurt again, what are the chances Jed moves over to Right tackle and Bitonio goes to left tackle? 

Bitonio excelled at left tackle and there wasnt a drop off in his performance there. Jed has been solid but not spectacular at left tackle  while James Hudson has some upside at right tackle, he had a bad game vs TJ Watt and will need to improve to be considered a replacement for Conklin. 

Blake Hance, while full of gusto is not a tackle and I dont want to see him take a snap there. Ever again aside from pre season.

Both Hance and Dunn are great reserve guards and guys you want on championship team, but not at tackle.