2022 Offseason Discussion

Watching Watson highlights you can see a considerable difference in talent between him and Baker- his vision is incredible. 

It is tempting to go for a wr at the top of the draft, especially if there is an explosive player similar to a Torry Holt, or Will Fuller type who will be able to get free well past the line of scrimmage. 

My preference though will to still lean on the run a lot and save hits on Deshain body, he plays a physical style of quarterback. A lot of quick throws to amari, and Deshaun do his thing when needed.

9 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Watching Watson highlights you can see a considerable difference in talent between him and Baker- his vision is incredible. 

It is tempting to go for a wr at the top of the draft, especially if there is an explosive player similar to a Torry Holt, or Will Fuller type who will be able to get free well past the line of scrimmage. 

My preference though will to still lean on the run a lot and save hits on Deshain body, he plays a physical style of quarterback. A lot of quick throws to amari, and Deshaun do his thing when needed.

Nah, I say let him do some long developing routes from an empty backfield.

• Like 1

If we dont sign Clowney I'd be interested in both Kyle Van Noy as a olb/pass rusher and Tre Flowers. I'd sign either for like 1/5- also included would be Olivoer Vernon in that group.

I only want one rookie defensive end. 

Same goes for DT I only want one rookie rotating in there too. It's a big year for Elliot and Tommy Togiai 

Edited by Kiwibrown

14 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

If we dont sign Clowney I'd be interested in both Kyle Van Noy as a olb/pass rusher and Tre Flowers. I'd sign either for like 1/5- also included would be Olivoer Vernon in that group.

I only want one rookie defensive end. 

Same goes for DT I only want one rookie rotating in there too. It's a big year for Elliot and Tommy Togiai 

I’d love to have flowers as a backup but he can’t be trusted to stay healthy. Still clowney or bust for me. 

1 hour ago, hornbybrown said:

We have great cap space but we probably can’t spend a lot of it. We probably need to roll it over to help out in future years with all this guaranteed money we have given out

Yep. 

Bakers fate will be a huge factor in all of this too. Ig we can get 8 million off the books that signs most of a rookie class.

3 receivers have shown interest in free agency 

Landry, fuller and Jackson. 

This could be some great leverage to get their prices down.

Fuller has the worst injury history of the three, and probably the most upside. Landry is the learn dynamic and might do the least for our offense. 

Jackson could still offer a bit as a deep threat potentially, would be a good compliment to Cooper.

21 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Not sure

Kc is better than us have and have 9 high picks  the next 2 drafts.

With the depth of this receiver class and the way he’s acted plus his injury history i wouldn’t trade more than a 5th which we don’t even have.  

It’s not worth the risk. We could actually draft a good player with this class. I don’t think he wants to be great. 

45 minutes ago, brownie man said:

With the depth of this receiver class and the way he’s acted plus his injury history i wouldn’t trade more than a 5th which we don’t even have.  

It’s not worth the risk. We could actually draft a good player with this class. I don’t think he wants to be great. 

Trade Baker straight up. Otherwise I’m not really interested