2022 Offseason Discussion

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Heres the thing...the Browns are going to be in cap hell for the next 4 years once Watson starts making 54M a year and Garrett is making 29M. Those two players will combine to eat 37% of the Browns cap space for the next 4 seasons.

With Ward pending among other players--the Browns can in no way afford to pay another 20M+ for Samuel.

IF Ward gets his market value from the Browns (17M), the Browns will have around 58-60% of their cap space tied up in Watson, Garrett, Cooper and Ward.

Not only are they not going to be able to afford Samuel, but they are going to HAVE to nail mid-round draft picks for the next 3 years. They can not afford to draft poorly because no other high priced FA is going to be able to come here.

Post of the year.

Not just that

Cincinnati gets to draft 3Jamar chases

Baltimore gets to draft 3 ojabos

Pittsburgh gets to draft 3 Williams wr Alabama 

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

The cap is going up again. We’ll have money and I’d rather have Samuel than cooper. Who only plays hard when he feels like it. I think we’re going to be very frustrated with him this year and willing to move on from him. I’d take Samuel at 20M per than cooper. 

And the data everyone uses is with the projected cap going up. No one is using the 2022 cap to figure out 2023.

Samuel>Cooper for sure. You'd have to trade Cooper and picks to get him though. Along with 5-7 million increase in salary annually. 

Honestly at this point, why not. You're already in trouble with the cap, have no real ties to Cooper and Deebo is more explosive. Would the 49ers want Cooper at his salary? I don't know, probably not.

Oh, you also have the dead cap of 15 million if you trade Cooper now so...

5 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Heres the thing...the Browns are going to be in cap hell for the next 4 years once Watson starts making 54M a year and Garrett is making 29M. Those two players will combine to eat 37% of the Browns cap space for the next 4 seasons.

With Ward pending among other players--the Browns can in no way afford to pay another 20M+ for Samuel.

IF Ward gets his market value from the Browns (17M), the Browns will have around 58-60% of their cap space tied up in Watson, Garrett, Cooper and Ward.

Not only are they not going to be able to afford Samuel, but they are going to HAVE to nail mid-round draft picks for the next 3 years. They can not afford to draft poorly because no other high priced FA is going to be able to come here.

Basically they have to do what the Rams did.

DPJ

Cooper

Grant sr 

These guys have locked a spot on the roster

To me Demtric Fwlton looks like he can be a good slot reciever- 45 catches 450 yards 4tds type of player- I think he makes the team. He gets open and doesnt drop too many passes, he caught 18/21  passes going his way. He could be in the mold of Renfrow, Welker et al.

Anthony Scwartz didnt show a lot as an outside receiver- he has more raw upside but is not as polished. Didnt flash open and didnt have strong hands. He offered nothing as a returner. Imo his roster spot is in jeopardy if he doesnt boom.  

I assume we are going to draft someone in the top 4rounds to pressure our rookie receivers.

Ja'marcus Bradley has performed for us when called for, but I doubt teams are going to go out of their way to get him. He is also older for a 2nd year player st 26 I think, so I doubt he will garner much interest sp he could make the practice squad safely. 

6 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Anthony Scwartz didnt show a lot as an outside receiver- he has more raw upside but is not as polished. Didnt flash open and didnt have strong hands. He offered nothing as a returner. Imo his roster spot is in jeopardy if he doesnt boom.  

You keep saying this but ignore the reality that GMs rarely give up on their own draft picks that quickly.