Jump to content

Free Agency- Possible Targets


ARTMONK HOF
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Cole Turner was running wide open on an under route on that interception he threw before halftime .  Easy several yards and time on the clock. Who the heck was he throwing to anyway . Not a WFT player in the frame .

I don’t know man, I thought the same thing. It was an awful int. Thankfully though, this int was just at the end of the half, and not with 8 minutes left in the game.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/29/2022 at 12:31 PM, MKnight82 said:

I think an upgrade on the Oline would have made a bigger impact than another linebacker. 

An Ereck Flowers signing would’ve been nice in late August when Trai Turner was hurt but, they didn’t do it. I don’t know why, Rivera has never said why they didn’t re-sign Flowers, but they didn’t.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/29/2022 at 1:22 PM, MikeT14 said:

If we cut Thomas, and want to roll with Turner, Bates, Rogers, and a FA - a guy like Marcedes Lewis if he still wants to play and mentor. Josh Oliver too.

I'd like to get a guard - Nate Davis will probably command a lot of money. Guys like David Edwards and Dalton Risner may be a little cheaper. It's a weak FA market. 

There are a lot of FA corners that we could fill. Rock Ya Sin, Greedy Williams, Mike Hughes

Cutting Logan to sign Mercedes Lewis makes zero sense to me. Lewis is going to be 39 next year & he offers very little in the passing game anymore. He’s really just a run blocker, we have Bates for that.

I could see restructuring Logan to lower his cap hit next year but cutting him doesn’t take much sense to me.

I don’t think Rivera is going to cut his Commanther OGs for other veteran OGs. I see us drafting a C/G type or two, one in round 2 & one in round 4 or later.

I agree with the CB idea. I’d restructure Fuller to lower his cap hit & sign a FA CB who can play in the slot, but they better damn well make sure dude can play zone & man & isn’t mostly just a man to man guy. I like Mike Hughes for this as I think he can play either outside or in the slot.

Signing Greddy Williams would be a big signing, but again, they better make sure he can play in their zone schemes, we don’t want another WJ3 situation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Cutting Logan to sign Mercedes Lewis makes zero sense to me. Lewis is going to be 39 next year & he offers very little in the passing game anymore. He’s really just a run blocker, we have Bates for that.

It makes over 8 million in reasons, and with 3 young guys it provides a very good mentoring opportunity. Not even sure he would last which is why I said Oliver as well.

47 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I could see restructuring Logan to lower his cap hit next year but cutting him doesn’t take much sense to me.

If you can't restructure it does.

47 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t think Rivera is going to cut his Commanther OGs for other veteran OGs. I see us drafting a C/G type or two, one in round 2 & one in round 4 or later.

Turner and Schweitz are FA.

47 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I agree with the CB idea. I’d restructure Fuller to lower his cap hit & sign a FA CB who can play in the slot, but they better damn well make sure dude can play zone & man & isn’t mostly just a man to man guy. I like Mike Hughes for this as I think he can play either outside or in the slot.

Signing Greddy Williams would be a big signing, but again, they better make sure he can play in their zone schemes, we don’t want another WJ3 situation.

Agreed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Turner and Schweitz are FA.

I’d re-sign Wes S then. He can start at RG, can play C & I believe played RT some when he was playing for the Falcons as well.

 

6 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

It makes over 8 million in reasons, and with 3 young guys it provides a very good mentoring opportunity. Not even sure he would last which is why I said Oliver as well.

I just don’t think Mercedes is the answer & I’m not sure we have another TE on the roster who can catch 72 passes & have 6 TDs in a season if he’s targeted enough like in 2020 bc a healthy Logan & he’s healthy now is that guy & he’s a good blocker. 
 

Cole Turner may be a guy who can catch 70 passes in a season but I haven’t seen anything out of him as a blocker to make me think we want him out there in non passing situations.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’d re-sign Wes S then. He can start at RG, can play C & I believe played RT some when he was playing for the Falcons as well.

 

I just don’t think Mercedes is the answer & I’m not sure we have another TE on the roster who can catch 72 passes & have 6 TDs in a season if he’s targeted enough like in 2020 bc a healthy Logan & he’s healthy now is that guy & he’s a good blocker. 

You're also hoping Logan, who will be 32 then, will return to 2020 form in 2023. That's a big ask in retrospect to mine. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/2/2022 at 2:48 PM, MikeT14 said:

You're also hoping Logan, who will be 32 then, will return to 2020 form in 2023. That's a big ask in retrospect to mine. 

The last month since he looks 100% healthy, he looks like 2020 Logan Thomas again. If Taylor was more accurate on his passes, Logan would have more catches & probably a few TDs over the last 4 or 5 games. Logan can’t help that we aren’t throwing it much & Taylor isn’t finding him in the middle of the field.

That doesn’t mean that he’s still not our best TE. The only reason we should cut Logan is if we draft Michael Mayer, TE from Notre Dame in round 1.

Edited by turtle28
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We've waived WR Jaelon Darden from the active roster & released T Dylan Cook and CB Ryan Smith from the practice squad.
FjUxMmQWYAQMRBS?format=jpg&name=900x900

 

As the Buccaneers' primary punt returner, Darden has excelled in the role positioning himself as one of the top players in that role. He ranks seventh in punt return average in the NFL and leads the NFL in punt returns and punt return yardage. 

Even with his lack of production from the receiver position for the Bucs, there is still plenty to like when it comes to the potential Darden has if he is able to get meaningful playing time with another team, which shouldn't take long as he is expected to be claimed off waivers quickly on Wednesday.

We could use a good PR. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/7/2022 at 5:55 PM, ARTMONK HOF said:
We've waived WR Jaelon Darden from the active roster & released T Dylan Cook and CB Ryan Smith from the practice squad.
FjUxMmQWYAQMRBS?format=jpg&name=900x900

 

As the Buccaneers' primary punt returner, Darden has excelled in the role positioning himself as one of the top players in that role. He ranks seventh in punt return average in the NFL and leads the NFL in punt returns and punt return yardage. 

Even with his lack of production from the receiver position for the Bucs, there is still plenty to like when it comes to the potential Darden has if he is able to get meaningful playing time with another team, which shouldn't take long as he is expected to be claimed off waivers quickly on Wednesday.

We could use a good PR. 

I wonder why they cut him?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

He’s under contract for the next 3 years with an average salary of 38-39m per year. He’s going to be 32 in March. 
For me If he’s available I hope he’s not on our radar, besides the crazy salary and give up picks besides, no thanks. 

I’m in the same boat. I’m tired of trading for average starting QBs & paying them like top 5 QBs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If there’s a chance that Lamar Jackson becomes available in a trade would you be willing to give up (a guess) three first round picks a third round pick and fourth rd pick. A contract giving him a five year to 230 million dollars with 200 million guaranteed. 
Who would be all in on this proposal?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I’m in the same boat. I’m tired of trading for average starting QBs & paying them like top 5 QBs.

I agree, but Carr is a lot better than Wentz.  More of a cousins situation.  The raiders fans kind of think of Carr like Cousins was viewed here, decent, but not enough....and then you realize how hard it is to get a regularly good qb.

I really like Carr, but I think he is getting up there in years now.  If we go after him, it would only make sense if we pay him equivalent to the wentz deal, not more.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

If there’s a chance that Lamar Jackson becomes available in a trade would you be willing to give up (a guess) three first round picks a third round pick and fourth rd pick. A contract giving him a five year to 230 million dollars with 200 million guaranteed. 
Who would be all in on this proposal?

Yes, I’d do an RG3 type trade & maybe instead of 3 firsts we can trade them Da’Ron Payne as well since we’re still likely to lose him this offseason or the next anyway.

The main reason this franchise hasn’t sniffed the Super Bowl since 1991 is bc of the QB play. @e16bball says it all the time & really drilled it into me when I kept saying but we have an ok QB, we need to just build the rest of the team & then see what the QB we have can do. 
 

Well, how’s that worked the last 20 years I’ve been in this forum? Not to well folks.

We need a franchise QB, anyway we can get one. I’m not down for trading for a Carr type QB bc he’s average but, Lamar Jackson is another story.

You put him on our team right now & we’re a SB contender. We actually have a better roster than the Ravens right now outside of QB, TE, OL, LB.

Edited by turtle28
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...