Rodgers reportedly coming back

Arthur Penske

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

If Rodgers was trending the way Favre was, I totally agree. We just saw the best 2 year stretch of QB play in NFL history. You ride that wave, the only way you don't is if you feel Love is a potential HOF caliber player too. 

Brace yourself................

Just now, Packerraymond said:

If Rodgers was trending the way Favre was, I totally agree. We just saw the best 2 year stretch of REGULAR SEASON QB play in NFL history. You ride that wave, the only way you don't is if you feel Love is a potential HOF caliber player too. 

Forgot a super important phrase there. I added it in for you. 

I don't disagree, which is why we should have told him to play out his damn contract. 

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I don't even know how they're doing that unless they have language written into the contract that the salary automatically converts to a signing bonus at the beginning of the league year?????

Come on, you're grasping. You know they have that understanding.

1 minute ago, VonKarman said:

No, new money we are talking 50M a year, which is well above market rate. It's actually more than that, as he gets more than 100M in his first two years:

Remember, we are going to pay 20M to Jaire and 28M to Davante at least. We already kicked a lot of money with void years. We need Rodgers to play MVP level in the regular season AND in the postseason. He's our best shot, but our best shot ****s in the pants in PO, is turning 39 and is a freaking primadonna that never takes reponsability of his poor play but whines every time he doesn't have enough attention/help.

I've enjoyed as much as anyone watching him play, but this contract is crippling. Not only due to this huge figures, but also because we now have 0 leverage with Jaire and Davante. We are ****ed from 2023 onwards.

He was set for 27 already this season, so you subtract that. 

Even if it is 50m a year, that's a standard increase from the market rate for MVPs, since we see a one time MVP at 45m and a no time MVP at 43m.

But the cap squeeze isn't until either 2024 or 2025, we could all be dead by then. Enjoy life while you have it. And if we're alive, we'll all be happy to speculate on our top 10 pick for an offseason before we look towards our next great roster. 

Just now, Sandy said:

Come on, you're grasping. You know they have that understanding.

He was set for 27 already this season, so you subtract that. 

Even if it is 50m a year, that's a standard increase from the market rate for MVPs, since we see a one time MVP at 45m and a no time MVP at 43m.

But the cap squeeze isn't until either 2024 or 2025, we could all be dead by then. Enjoy life while you have it. And if we're alive, we'll all be happy to speculate on our top 10 pick for an offseason before we look towards our next great roster. 

Two MVP's in a row and no championships and a subpar performance in each of those games.  Not worth it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Forgot a super important phrase there. I added it in for you. 

I don't disagree, which is why we should have told him to play out his damn contract. 

Teams don't piss off franchise QB's, doesn't work. You're seeing it with Russ, Watson and also Rodgers. You either acquiesce to their demands or they leave. Social media has tilted some leverage to the players. In the grand scheme of things, it means nothing, but teams care about their PR and don't want their stars trashing them. 

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Teams don't piss off franchise QB's, doesn't work. You're seeing it with Russ, Watson and also Rodgers. You either acquiesce to their demands or they leave. Social media has tilted some leverage to the players. In the grand scheme of things, it means nothing, but teams care about their PR and don't want their stars trashing them. 

Bull****. "You have to cave to media pressure" is a nonsensical argument.

• Like 1

All the details are not out yet...so hold the horses!

McAfee saying 5 years deal at $186m. 
$100m in cap charges for the next three years. Which is a realtviely cheap deal.
Let's see how much that of the $150m guarantees are actually structured.  I'd be shocked if it is the $75m dead cap hit, if it was that would be split out over two years.

To do this deal there must be an agreement that he ain't retiring in the next three years

47 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Depends on two things: 

1. How much the cap goes up in the next 2-3 years (supposedly, it is going to explode)
  2. When 12 retires. If that happens in the next 3 years, the Packers basically have to suffer for one year, absorb what's left on the deal and then it's gone. 

If the cap goes up it goes up for everyone, you only have to see what the Jaguars are doing this offseason. Players that used to cost 8 will then cost 12 and you won't be able to afford them because you have 75M in dead cap, so the cap going up doesn't really solve much.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Packer_ESP said:

If the cap goes up it goes up for everyone, you only have to see what the Jaguars are doing this offseason. Players that used to cost 8 will then cost 12 and you won't be able to afford them because you have 75M in dead cap, so the cap going up doesn't really solve much.

From what I'm getting, I could be wrong but it looks the dead cap will be $50m which will be spread over the two dummy years at the end.

1 minute ago, Brit Pack said:

From what I'm getting, I could be wrong but it looks the dead cap will be $50m which will be spread over the two dummy years at the end.

That's not how a signing bonus works. When a guys contract ends, the pro rated signing bonus accelerates to that year. 

• Like 1

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Bull****. "You have to cave to media pressure" is a nonsensical argument.

It's not "media pressure", per say.

This is Green Bay. It's not the top of the vacation destination list for most players. Once the HOF QB is gone, it won't have a guaranteed SB chance that's draws quality players in or convinces others to stay. If you have no HOF QB, don't play in a big or warm city, and a reputation for my way or the highway when it comes to contract offers, you'll start a worse stretch of Packers play than the 70s and 80s.

It still appalls me that so many people here still side with the billionaires with generational wealth over the players making millions for their families that have often been in poverty for decades.

Also - if anyone's rebuttal to this is some iteration of "BuT rOdGeRs CaNt WiN a SuPeR bOwL" then please close your mouth when you're breathing and wipe off the drool, you're making us look bad.