Russell Wilson traded to Broncos for Noah Fant, Shelby Harris, Drew Lock, two 1sts, two 2nds

MikeT14

4 minutes ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

This is great. Denver must have had this lined up in case the Rodgers thing didn't work out.

Maybe but honestly they got a more mentally stable dude who is younger and arguably better.  Not sure I would want the circus that is Aaron Rodgers and his constant need for attention and to be in the media spotlight, what will he do come draft time to steal attention back on him which is exactly what he did during the last draft.  

What a joke, all that talk to just stay in Green Bay, what a spaz.  

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Rams fans were somewhat sad...

But then I realized Russell will still be coming to LA this year for his yearly sackathon/beatdown

I think the sad part for the Rams is that this may supercharge Von Miller back to the Broncos.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

This above all else.

I backed Matthew Stafford going to LAR hard last year, because Stafford had the elite arm talent that ages gracefully, and the actual skill that was masked by DET team lack of talent/coaching post-Megatron departure (ironically he wasn't nearly as good a QB when they were a far better team, but once the team was bad, Stafford's play elevated - his 2016 season with 8 comeback W's was his turning point from Stat Padford, and why I was sold).

I saw the exact same skillset with Russell Wilson, but only better - and while Metcalf/Lockett were great, Carroll's philosophy and game management were just as big albatrosses to Wilson's play in 2019-21 as DET's ineptitude and talent poor roster holding Stafford back from 2016-20.   

Is Wilson as good as Mahomes, or even Herbert?   I don't think so.   But I think he's in the top 6-7 range, ahead of Stafford - and his elite arm talent will age so gracefully, I'm confident he will be there for 5+ years barring new injury.    Just like Stafford was in the elite tier (top 8-ish), with carry-team-on-back ability and big-throw/big-situation ability, well Wilson's got that in spades.   He's not without flaws (like Stafford) - takes the sack and gets TO's from hero complex.   But his pros so outweigh the cons, and SEA's ridiculously conservative game management and predictability/simplicity of scheme...yeah, I'm TOTALLY stoked.

I'll plant the flag - DEN easily gets to 11+ wins with Wilson avoiding serious injury next year.   Ceiling of 13W's.   Playoffs are a lock barring injury to him.    And bigger plant - they'll enjoy a Peyton-like run of contention for 4-5 years.   For 2 1sts/2 2nds and Fant's 2 years of cost control / 1 year of Lock / 30 year-old Shelby Harris - this is an absolute slam dunk for a team that's otherwise ready to legitimately contend.  It's the position I've held all offseason - if anything, this only strengthens their ability, given Wilson's 2/51M cap hit is only going to be the same, or likely go down with an extension (delaying the cap hit to a window further down when Wilson's best days are behind him).     

The road to a SB is never guaranteed - but with the core Elway/Paton have assembled, getting Russell Wilson gives DEN a legitimate chance to actually get there each year he's playing at peak level, and healthy.  Given it looks to be 4-5 years, that's more than worth the 2 1sts / 2 2nds.   On the flip side, SEA is clearly needing to reboot (and yes, trading for Adams really accelerated that need) - so this is their best package, so be it.  I do think we're going to find out that Wilson asked to be traded, and said DEN was his top spot - with a no-trade clause, he has that ability to pick his spot.  So perhaps fans should wait before condemning SEA's GM here.   It may be the only fit that would have kept Wilson happy.  In that context, this may have been the best deal SEA could get - or face an unhappy marriage falling apart with the status quo.

So exciting to be a Broncos fan.   Happy day indeed. 

I'd be happy if I were a Broncos fan, because aside from a few years of Peyton, it has been too long since there's been a good QB.

But you have more faith in the Broncos offense than I do. In my estimation, Wilson is going to a place with a comparable OL, comparable RBs, and SIGNIFICANTLY worse WRs.

And no guarantee that the new HC will be effective either.

Add in that they're playing the Chiefs twice, Chargers twice, Raiders twice, the NFCW and the Titans, Colts and Ravens.

That's 12 games against teams that may contend for playoff spots.

If the Chargers get better like most think they will, you could easily see the AFCW play out like it did this year (especially considering they'll be playing the NFCW this year instead of the AFCE), where the Chiefs are the Chiefs, and then the Chargers, Broncos and Raiders hover between 8-10 wins.

2 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

It may, but that won't change the fact that Aaron Donald will engage in his favorite past time when Denver comes to LA

He's got 15 sacks vs AZ, 15 vs Seattle, and 12.5 vs SF. I'm not sure he discriminates.

He's got 5 sacks in 5 Bears games, 6 in 4 Lions games, and 5 1/2 in 4 DCWFT.Com games.

Maybe he just loves it when he's not playing the Eagles? (0 sacks in 4 games and 1-3)

8 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

He's got 15 sacks vs AZ, 15 vs Seattle, and 12.5 vs SF. I'm not sure he discriminates.

He's got 5 sacks in 5 Bears games, 6 in 4 Lions games, and 5 1/2 in 4 DCWFT.Com games.

Maybe he just loves it when he's not playing the Eagles? (0 sacks in 4 games and 1-3)

Yea I used AD because he frees up other pass rushers - but the reason is because the Rams have accounted for 25% of the sacks taken by Wilson over the years.

But you're right - Murray is right there too. He loves his midget tossing

7 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

But you have more faith in the Broncos offense than I do. In my estimation, Wilson is going to a place with a comparable OL, comparable RBs, and SIGNIFICANTLY worse WRs.

Conveniently ignore the clear lean defensively for Denver.

16 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

I'd be happy if I were a Broncos fan, because aside from a few years of Peyton, it has been too long since there's been a good QB.

And no guarantee that the new HC will be effective either.

Add in that they're playing the Chiefs twice, Chargers twice, Raiders twice, the NFCW and the Titans, Colts and Ravens.

That's 12 games against teams that may contend for playoff spots.

If the Chargers get better like most think they will, you could easily see the AFCW play out like it did this year (especially considering they'll be playing the NFCW this year instead of the AFCE), where the Chiefs are the Chiefs, and then the Chargers, Broncos and Raiders hover between 8-10 wins.

Jerry Jeudy, Courtland Sutton, Tim Patrick are so terrible. As are Melvin Gordon and Javonte Williams.

he's going to have it so rough 

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

You see what you want to see.

Why would I want to see anything? I couldn't care less about Denver. I thought last year that people overrated their roster by saying they were a "QB away".

The defense is talented, but you almost always experience regression and they were a top 5 defense last year. More likely to be in the 10-15 range next year than top 5 again.

1 minute ago, FrantikRam said:

Lockett and Metcalf >>> Sutton and Jeudy

RBs are about the same

Not sure what there is to laugh about there

I think there's a very good argument that you could argue that Sutton/Patrick/Jeudy >>> Lockett/Metcalf/Swain (or whoever WR3 is).

• Like 2