Landry 5yr 87.5mil extension

615finest

Year 1 cap hit is like $13 million less than the tag price, which is nice. It’s a big number, but he’s a productive pass rusher coming off of a career year that is durable, versatile and still only 25 and theoretically just hitting his prime. I wouldn’t have been all that surprised to see someone like Indy beat this.

• Like 1

This defense is loaded in all 3 levels. Just need some depth at EDGE, CB, and S. Jenkins is likely gone and I’m sure they want Farley at CB2 but I damn sure wouldn’t rely on it. Definitely would be looking at CB on day 2. Would love to get Cruikshank back but he’s had injury issues his whole career.

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

This defense is loaded in all 3 levels. Just need some depth at EDGE, CB, and S. Jenkins is likely gone and I’m sure they want Farley at CB2 but I damn sure wouldn’t rely on it. Definitely would be looking at CB on day 2. Would love to get Cruikshank back but he’s had injury issues his whole career.

cruikshank is gonna get paid more for a bigger role somewhere else. he put some really strong stuff on tape this year.

11 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

cruikshank is gonna get paid more for a bigger role somewhere else. he put some really strong stuff on tape this year.

He’s also been a walking injury his whole career. I seriously doubt some team is going to pay him to be a starting safety in this league.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

I don’t know why fans get hesitant about the contracts their favorite teams give out anymore. It’s not your money and the salary cap is largely a fallacy. It can be easily manipulated if the team is willing to pay the money. The way fans fret about how contracts will impact the cap, you would think that a ton of teams every year get destroyed by the cap. And they don’t. And that is by design. The concept of the cap is pushed in order to win the PR game with fans when ownership is being cheap. 

people have to remember that owners are making crazy new revenue off online betting. Salaries are going up across the board. It’s not overpaying, it’s the new normal.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AllThingsTN said:

Yeah I think Dupree is most likely gone next season either way. There is Zero chance we don’t since either one of Simmons or Brown. 

Not next season but the season after we still hold the cards in Jeff we have a 5th yr option 😈

I still don't understand this mindset that Bud is all the sudden out the door after 2 maybe 3 years.  Like he is some scrub or something. 
Cap is going to keep going up.
Titans have shown they can work the cap and contracts.
They will pay AJ. They will pay Simmons.
And they won't have to gut the team to do so..

10 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I still don't understand this mindset that Bud is all the sudden out the door after 2 maybe 3 years.  Like he is some scrub or something. 
Cap is going to keep going up.
Titans have shown they can work the cap and contracts.
They will pay AJ. They will pay Simmons.
And they won't have to gut the team to do so..

Obviously it’s no guarantee but he’s not exactly reliable to stay on the field and he makes a lot. He would definitely be at the top of the list if we needed cap room.

7 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Obviously it’s no guarantee but he’s not exactly reliable to stay on the field and he makes a lot. He would definitely be at the top of the list if we needed cap room.

Well that too. He had 3 good years-injury wise in PIT before the ACL.  
Came back had some set backs and injuries that waterfalled from the ACL. 
Finished strong. 

I hear you but I don't still don't understand.
If anything it would be a restructure opposed to an outright release. Unless his play is not up to par. 

Just my 2 cents.