The Duke's 2022 NFL Mock Draft

THE DUKE

No predicted trades as of yet, probably off on a few of the team needs, was going for what I see as value more than anything.  A few guys that I wanted to get into rd 1 that I didn't. Tear it apart.

1. Jacksonville Jaguars: Aidan Hutchinson, Edge, Michigan
  2. Detroit Lions: Kayvon Thibodeaux, Edge, Oregon
  3. Houston Texans: Sauce Gardner, CB, Cincinnati
  4. New York Jets: Travon Walker, Edge, Georgia
  5. New York Giants: Evan Neal, OT, Alabama
  6. Carolina Panthers: Ikem Ekwonu, OT, North Carolina State
  7. New York Giants: Kyle Hamilton, S, Notre Dame
  8. Atlanta Falcons: George Karlaftis, Edge, Purdue
  9. Seattle Seahawks: Charles Cross, OT, Mississippi State
  10. New York Jets: Andrew Booth, CB, Clemson
  11. Washington Commanders: Malik Willis, QB, Liberty
  12. Minnesota Vikings: Jordan Davis, DT, Georgia
  13. Cleveland Browns: Garrett Wilson, WR, Ohio State
  14. Baltimore Ravens: Tyler Lindenbaum, C, Iowa
  15. Philadelphia Eagles: Derek Stingley Jr, CB, LSU
  16. Philadelphia Eagles: Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State
  17. Los Angeles Chargers: Kenyon Green, OL, Texas A&M
  18. New Orleans Saints: Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama
  19. Philadelphia Eagles: Jermaine Johnson, Edge, Florida State
  20. Pittsburgh Steelers: Trevor Penning, OT, Norther Iowa
  21. New England Patriots: Trent McDuffie, CB, Washington
  22. Oakland Raiders: Drake London, WR, USC
  23. Arizona Cardinals: David Ojabo, Edge, Michigan
  24. Dallas Cowboys: Daxton Hill, S, Michigan
  25. Buffalo Bills: Kaiir Elam, CB, Florida
  26. Tennessee Titans: Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas
  27. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Perrion Winfrey, DT, Oklahoma
  28. Green Bay Packers: Devin Lloyd, LB, Utah
  29. Miami Dolphins: Nakobe Dean, LB, Georgia
  30. Kansas City Chiefs: Jaquan Brisker, S, Penn State
  31. Cincinnati Bengals: Zion Johnson, OG, Boston College
  32. Detroit Lions: Sam Howell, QB, North Carolina
Edited by THE DUKE

Like the position of edge rusher although Karlaftis won't be my 1st choice there at edge rusher.   But it's still a solid pick overall can't be mad about it.   Now if you do some trades in the next draft them boys can for sure come get the Falcons pick at 8 :D  Lord knows we need alot of new talent and this draft is deep in the 1st 3 rounds of exactly what we need most in DL, CB, LB, OL, and WR

Edited by FalconFan13

14 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

Like the position of edge rusher although Karlaftis won't be my 1st choice there at edge rusher.   But it's still a solid pick overall can't be mad about it.   Now if you do some trades in the next draft them boys can for sure come get the Falcons pick at 8 :D  Lord knows we need alot of new talent and this draft is deep in the 1st 3 rounds of exactly what we need most in DL, CB, LB, OL, and WR

I'm pretty high on Karlaftis, but I could definitely see Atlanta trading down and picking up a 2nd or a future 1st and still get a solid edge player.  If they stayed put that's where I think value and need meet up pretty well.  I'd take Karlaftis over Walker personally, but I think Walker has more draft helium.

5 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Good pick for the Browns. I'm Jordan Davis all the way with Garrett Wilson as the plan-B if he's gone.

It'll be interesting to see how high Davis goes.  Potential to be a game wrecker if he gets the right coaching.  I'd move him all around the dline personally, have him alternatively playing Nose, 3 tech, and 5 tech creating mismatches and confusion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, THE DUKE said:

It'll be interesting to see how high Davis goes.  Potential to be a game wrecker if he gets the right coaching.  I'd move him all around the dline personally, have him alternatively playing Nose, 3 tech, and 5 tech creating mismatches and confusion.

Yup. I think he's a top-5 talent 🤫. Don't tell anyone else and start mocking him to the Browns. Stingley is already more than Minnesota deserves at that spot jus sayin.

Edited by NudeTayne

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I'm pretty high on Karlaftis, but I could definitely see Atlanta trading down and picking up a 2nd or a future 1st and still get a solid edge player.  If they stayed put that's where I think value and need meet up pretty well.  I'd take Karlaftis over Walker personally, but I think Walker has more draft helium.

I don't dislike Karlaftis he's probably my 5th or 6th favorite pass rusher in this draft i have him around the 15 to 25 range in players.  Walker isn't in my top 10 either i have him about the same spot as Karlaftis as well honestly.  The guy i would prefer there myself if both of Hutch and Thibs are gone is probably Jermaine Johnson although he is probably in my 15 to 25 range too lol i just like him better than Karlaftis, Walker, and Ojabo.   Im personally starting to warm up to a Jordan Davis at 8 i think he might be more of a game changer than all of them and then grab a Edge rusher in round 2 if we stayed at 8.  I think at this point im looking at   Hutch, Thibs, Neal, Ekwonu, and Hamilton as guys i for sure stay at 8 for .  Then if we try but can't trade down at all i look at Davis, Sauce, or Stingley at 8 probably in that order as well for me.  But if we can trade down all those edge rushers come available in the teens to 20's i listed or a Lb like Dean and Lloyd, Maybe a Linderbaum.  hell we might even luck into a trade down and one of Davis or stingley might still be there that would be awesome.

2 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

I don't dislike Karlaftis he's probably my 5th or 6th favorite pass rusher in this draft i have him around the 15 to 25 range in players.  Walker isn't in my top 10 either i have him about the same spot as Karlaftis as well honestly.  The guy i would prefer there myself if both of Hutch and Thibs are gone is probably Jermaine Johnson although he is probably in my 15 to 25 range too lol i just like him better than Karlaftis, Walker, and Ojabo.   Im personally starting to warm up to a Jordan Davis at 8 i think he might be more of a game changer than all of them and then grab a Edge rusher in round 2 if we stayed at 8.  I think at this point im looking at   Hutch, Thibs, Neal, Ekwonu, and Hamilton as guys i for sure stay at 8 for .  Then if we try but can't trade down at all i look at Davis, Sauce, or Stingley at 8 probably in that order as well for me.  But if we can trade down all those edge rushers come available in the teens to 20's i listed or a Lb like Dean and Lloyd, Maybe a Linderbaum.  hell we might even luck into a trade down and one of Davis or stingley might still be there that would be awesome.

If they went Jordan Davis at 8 and then Mafe, Williams, or Bonitto in rd 2, that'd be remaking your defensive front in a hurry

18 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

If they went Jordan Davis at 8 and then Mafe, Williams, or Bonitto in rd 2, that'd be remaking your defensive front in a hurry

You dang right it would be and you even named the guy i wanted in round 2 in Mafe lol.  Davis + Maffe would be so nasty added to Grady and then maybe pick up 1 more FA Edge rusher as our big FA pickup.  Honestly with us switching to a 3-4 last year under Pees i don't think it can be understated how much we need a true 3-4 monster in the middle to help make that transition much easier for everyone else on the D-line.   Grady is a stud of a DT we all know this and if you look at his numbers last year they were way down because he didn't have a capable enough guy next to him taking blockers.

Edited by FalconFan13