Colts trade QB Carson Wentz + 2nd to Commanders for 2nd + two 3rds

RaidersAreOne

19 minutes ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

Typically I would agree with you but being traded twice in 2 years or whatever the exact timeframe is doesn’t help his case

This could just be the owner pulling a power play because he’s upset but I feel like if Frank really wanted him to stay for another season it would happen. I think it’s a bad look for Wentz…too much smoke around the guy to not be some fire 

I agree it doesn't look good and I would probably feel the same as many others around here if I didn't have a little closer perspective to it. It's just hard to believe for me. 

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

The emphasis continues to be put on Wentz off the field / in the locker room. Jimmy is probably an upgrade there in that regard. 

It could be. But that off the field part is where I have trouble believing the reports. Knowing his background it just doesn't fit. But people can change I guess but it's a pretty big jump from his past. I thought if things would cause issues it would be his religious values. He is a deeply religious individual which can come off as a little different to some. 

11 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Dude there are tons of these reports. Where there is smoke there is fire.

I know there are reports but I honestly feel those reports could be made about any player. 90 players on a team people are going to have disagreements. And as I have said I have I guess a closer perspective to he is/was (it's not like we are hanging out on weekends but it's not a real big town we are from) and the bad/arrogant/egotistical person just doesn't fit. 

There’s been issues with Wentz regarding off field/in the locker room since Philly. Why do we not consistently hear stuff like that from other teams who trade or let go of players?

The Athletic article literally states who even though Brissett wasn’t bad, he accepted coaching and was always viewed as a leader in the locker room. That’s always been a knock against Wentz.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

I know there are reports but I honestly feel those reports could be made about any player. 90 players on a team people are going to have disagreements. And as I have said I have I guess a closer perspective to he is/was (it's not like we are hanging out on weekends but it's not a real big town we are from) and the bad/arrogant/egotistical person just doesn't fit. 

NDSU fan/alumni? I think you're too close to make an objective call on him if that's the case.

Wentz when he came in seemed like a really good guy. He was all about his faith/Christianity (I'm not religious and while it got annoying at times I still respect it) and he would do stuff for charity like his kickball event. 

But, people's personalities also change over time and a player in the locker room isn't necessarily the same as one outside of it. From what I could tell it was most of the white guys on the team and fellow Christians on the Eagles seemed to really like Carson. I don't want to make it about race, but that's just how it came off to me over the years. People also change when things aren't going the way they want it to.

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

LOL Reich apologized? 

Oh man 

Oh... so the article basically states the Colts learned what the Eagles already knew.

Here are some excerpts:

No, this decision wasn’t just about Jacksonville.

And it wasn’t solely about the way the season ended, either.

Truth be told, some inside the Indianapolis Colts’ West 56th Street facility were finished with the Carson Wentz experiment long before the team’s late-season collapse, according to several recent conversations with sources inside the organization. 

As for the Colts, the issues with Wentz stretched back to before the season began, one source said, and over the course of the year, some grew frustrated at what they deemed a lack of leadership, a resistance to hard coaching and a reckless style of play, which had a role in several close losses this year.

But this wasn’t just a football move. Wentz’s play, inconsistent as it was to close the year, wasn’t the deciding factor. Colts’ brass simply didn’t trust him to be the franchise quarterback moving forward, and they weren’t willing to bring him back in 2022 and hope for better. 

According to one source, the Colts’ divorce with Wentz this offseason was only a matter of time. All that needed to be decided was whether the team would trade or cut him.

And the fact that the Colts were willing to move on from him without a viable Plan B in place — not to mention a thin free-agent class and no first-round draft choice — is especially telling. That’s how determined the Colts were in their decision.

They were moving on from Wentz, period.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Oh... so the article basically states the Colts learned what the Eagles already knew.

Here are some excerpts:

Not to hijack the thread or make this about Press Taylor, but this all happening again with Reich makes me feel a lot better about the Philly situation personally.

Wentz is just a weird dude. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

I didn't realize that third round pick next year can actually be a second round pick if he plays 70% of snaps 

Would imagine if he’s not getting them to the playoffs this year he’s cut. Pretty easy out after this season if I remember right.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Would imagine if he’s not getting them to the playoffs this year he’s cut. Pretty easy out after this season if I remember right.

Its one of those situations where if you're a Washington fan, you either want them to be really good or really bad. Worst case scenario is that they finish like 8-9 or 9-8 and miss out on the the playoffs on the last week of the season with Wentz playing all 17 games lol 

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

Its one of those situations where if you're a Washington fan, you either want them to be really good or really bad. Worst case scenario is that they finish like 8-9 or 9-8 and miss out on the the playoffs on the last week of the season with Wentz playing all 17 games lol 

I mean honestly I feel like that’s the most likely scenario unfortunately (8-9/9-8), especially in that division. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

NDSU fan/alumni? I think you're too close to make an objective call on him if that's the case.

Wentz when he came in seemed like a really good guy. He was all about his faith/Christianity (I'm not religious and while it got annoying at times I still respect it) and he would do stuff for charity like his kickball event. 

But, people's personalities also change over time and a player in the locker room isn't necessarily the same as one outside of it. From what I could tell it was most of the white guys on the team and fellow Christians on the Eagles seemed to really like Carson. I don't want to make it about race, but that's just how it came off to me over the years. People also change when things aren't going the way they want it to.

I am an alumni of NDSU and grew up in the same hometown as him. I frequent the same circles as his parents as well. So I may be too close but it's also why I find it hard to understand because I do know who he is as person more than a player really. He still does charity events for his AO1 foundation back here in Bismarck and Fargo. So I don't think that has changed. Bouncing from team to team at this point has probably limited his charitable contributions in the city in which he plays. I thought he strong religious values could cause friction but it seems the majority of players are religious to some extent. Who knows though things change. Pressure can break a guy. The spotlight and media of the NFL is a little brighter and stronger than in Fargo. 

• Like 1