mdonnelly21

Would you rather have two Deebo Samuel or Cooper Kupp/Derrick Henry   

41 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather have two Deebo Samuel or Cooper Kupp/Derrick Henry

• Two Deebo Samuel
    • Cooper Kupp & Derrick Henry

Derrick Henry is a better RB than Deebo Samuel

Cooper Kupp is a better WR than Deebo Samuel 

Seems like an easy choice. Suppose Samuel's versatility could help a bit, but not enough to offset how much better Henry and Kupp are.

• Like 9

Kupp and Henry, no question. The creativity/deception you’d get out of having two Deebo Samuels is not enough to close the gap on the quality difference you’re getting between the players. Especially Henry. 

• Like 1

I feel like Deebo is the most dynamic/explosive player in this scenario.  I'll take two of those please.

I think it depends a little bit on what QB you're going to pair them with too.  I think 2x Deebos is a little bit less sensitive than Kupp to get the absolute most out of him with an accurate QB.  A pair of Deebos lets you either just sorta manufacture yardage out of nowhere, or play some YOLO ball downfield a little more.  Not that Kupp can't do a bit of that, but having 2x threats like that lets you keep your options open more and threaten both at once.  With Kupp/Henry, you're kinda locking yourself into a more conventional offense where your typical play action becomes the way you balance those two concepts to keep a defense on its toes.

Overall, i just think it's probably easier to find a competent RB, than to find a second bigtime dynamic threat at WR.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Derrick Henry is a better RB than Deebo Samuel

Cooper Kupp is a better WR than Deebo Samuel 

Seems like an easy choice. Suppose Samuel's versatility could help a bit, but not enough to offset how much better Henry and Kupp are.

Could not have said it better.

This one kind of hurts my brain

Snap reaction was Henry/Kupp.. but idk, the concept of just being in a wild offense that can use either Deebo in every type of way is really exciting to me

But I think that's more of a scheme thing than it is a player thing. Deebo is excellent - but he's unique because nobody else tries to use WR that way, not because no other WR COULD be used that way

I think I've talked myself back into Henry/Kupp

Deebo was shut down when it mattered the most.. Kupp just had the greatest season ever. Kupp is freaking god tier, you can’t cover that man. Double or Tripple he’s going to get his. Can you imagine the play action? Holy smokes. Then you have a specimen at RB with not many 8 Man boxes? Not to mention that Kupp blocking >>>> Deebo hell nah G. Kupp destroyed a SF team that knew he was getting the ball, go look at Fred Warner screaming at his team 😂 

Just now, Tk3 said:

This one kind of hurts my brain

Snap reaction was Henry/Kupp.. but idk, the concept of just being in a wild offense that can use either Deebo in every type of way is really exciting to me

But I think that's more of a scheme thing than it is a player thing. Deebo is excellent - but he's unique because nobody else tries to use WR that way, not because no other WR COULD be used that way

I think I've talked myself back into Henry/Kupp

Percy Harvin my guy. And Percy was more dynamic! Even though I give it to Deebo, as a runner he’s violent AF. But that style of play won’t last long. You can only absorb so many hits playing like that. 

Just now, El Ramster said:

Percy Harvin my guy. And Percy was more dynamic! Even though I give it to Deebo, as a runner he’s violent AF. But that style of play won’t last long. You can only absorb so many hits playing like that. 

Right.. I guess my point is, Deebo isn't actually unique.. its the USAGE of Deebo that is unique.

Given the increasing athleticism of WRs these days, I think you can find plenty of players with that archetype who can fill such an unusual role effectively