2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

This is the flaw that so many people who weren't fans of Fields nervous about.  I know Chris and Straighthate and Justone brought it up multiple times. The fumbles should not be happenings...thats a thing that he should be fixing. 

I always felt that Shanny's offense would be to the benefit of him in this regard because it's ostensibly point and click, so it removes the pocket awareness requirement (see Jimmy G),  though I know I had that conversation with Justone and he thought our offense would exacerbate it. But Chicago was just such a poor landing spot for him in so many ways. It's a shame that they didn't land Daboll. His downfield, stretch vertical offense would have been inefficient for fields to start, but could have led to a lot of explosive plays. 

Kind of funny that this is how I just said the Atlanta situation would have gone a few pages back if they had taken last year and would be debating taking a QB in 2023. But like I said in that, I doubt that they would take a QB in 2023. They'll debate it, but I'm sure that they'll give Fields a third season to work it out. One of the main issues you find with young QBs who struggle is that they are having to learn multiple systems over a short period of time. 

So in short, newly signed Treor Sieman is gonna start a few games for them this year huh....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ftn49 said:

And rewarding him for not taking his profession seriously? That doesn't make any sense either. 

When I was going to high school I got a minor in possession (of alcohol) during my senior season of basketball. I'm sure rules vary from school to school and state to state but my punishment from the school was I wasn't allowed to play in games for six weeks which effectively ended my basketball career. My punishment from my parents was to continue to go to every practice even though I would never play again because I could still help my team be better. Also showed me the consequences of my actions quite effectively.

You've got good parents. Give them a hug for me.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Dutchson said:

You've got good parents. Give them a hug for me.

When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years. - Mark Twain

This becomes more true with every passing year.

• Like 4

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

Wasn't there a report the Panthers and 49ers talked at the combine? 

A guy from the observer said they checked in on Jimmy at the combine but that they weren't super high on him. 

• Like 1