2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

The niners waited on Watson to get traded before trading Jimmy

The niners are now waiting for Watson to get suspended for a full season so they can trade Jimmy to CLE

He has shown to be a professional for one season while the team he is on has already traded for a younger, more talented QB

Fire Elmo GIF

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Can we please sign Gilmore in the next few days??? Move Moseley inside and have the best defense in the league and get the attention away from the stupid #10 saga. 

I like it. Add in sign a Will Hernandez. And I'm fine going into the draft.

• Like 1

That’s because the 49ers want to make sure Trey Lance is ready to take over as the starter. Niners head coach Kyle Shanahan, who is known to be very demanding of his quarterbacks, might prefer to continue evaluating Lance throughout the offseason workout program before unloading the 30-year-old Garoppolo, who is recovering from right shoulder surgery and isn’t expected to begin throwing until after minicamp.

Lance will have an opportunity to operate as the de facto starter for two months this spring, including an important stretch in organized team activities and minicamp. If Lance proves he’s ready, the 49ers will be more apt to pursue a trade for Garoppolo, who would be on the books for $24.8 million with an acquiring team.

https://theathletic.com/3200654/2022/03/21/what-now-for-baker-mayfield-jimmy-garoppolo-as-more-qb-spots-are-filled/?source=emp_shared_article

49 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Can we please sign Gilmore in the next few days??? Move Moseley inside and have the best defense in the league and get the attention away from the stupid #10 saga. 

Need money :P

24 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

That’s because the 49ers want to make sure Trey Lance is ready to take over as the starter. Niners head coach Kyle Shanahan, who is known to be very demanding of his quarterbacks, might prefer to continue evaluating Lance throughout the offseason workout program before unloading the 30-year-old Garoppolo, who is recovering from right shoulder surgery and isn’t expected to begin throwing until after minicamp.

Lance will have an opportunity to operate as the de facto starter for two months this spring, including an important stretch in organized team activities and minicamp. If Lance proves he’s ready, the 49ers will be more apt to pursue a trade for Garoppolo, who would be on the books for $24.8 million with an acquiring team.

https://theathletic.com/3200654/2022/03/21/what-now-for-baker-mayfield-jimmy-garoppolo-as-more-qb-spots-are-filled/?source=emp_shared_article

Yeah, they shouldn't want this kind of stuff out there. Really gives credence to the "how can you trust trey lance?", "he's not ready" crowd. It really makes it look like the team doesn't trust him. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yeah, they shouldn't want this kind of stuff out there. Really gives credence to the "how can you trust trey lance?", "he's not ready" crowd. It really makes it look like the team doesn't trust him. 

How the hell did we give up so much to move up to then not trust him. 

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

Don't think they care...they let the media and fans think we were taking Jones for a full month 

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Don't think they care...they let the media and fans think we were taking Jones for a full month 

I'll be excited how to see how much of the locker room is all in on Trey as a starter with Jimmy still on the roster. I think some will like it, others like Kittle, not so much. Should make for a fun dynamic. 

The media is going to be fun when Lance struggles out the gate. We will get the flip side of last year with people  asking when do we bench Lance for Jimmy lol 

I'm here for it. Will be totally hilarious 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'll be excited how to see how much of the locker room is all in on Trey as a starter with Jimmy still on the roster. I think some will like it, others like Kittle, not so much. Should make for a fun dynamic. 

The media is going to be fun when Lance struggles out the gate. We will get the flip side of last year with people  asking when do we bench Lance for Jimmy lol 

I'm here for it. Will be totally hilarious 

I'm now envisioning a red zone play from Kyle where he puts Jimmy in on 3rd and goal and he just runs it in.  And, I will loooooool. 

• Like 2