2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

2 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I think we have the ability to make at least 1 or 2 meaningful trade ups on Day 2 and/or the start of day 3. 

I'm thinking it's going to be for an EDGE or Safety, but knowing Lynch during draft day, it's going to be for something we're not expecting like a WR or TE.

Lol yup! We should all expect a move up for Christian Watson

2 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I think we have the ability to make at least 1 or 2 meaningful trade ups on Day 2 and/or the start of day 3. 

I'm thinking it's going to be for an EDGE or Safety, but knowing Lynch during draft day, it's going to be for something we're not expecting like a WR or TE.

I have liked the fact that they go and get who they want (like Aiyuk), but I hope it is actually a badly needed position--like the trenches--if they are active.

3 minutes ago, 9erFreak77 said:

Lol yup! We should all expect a move up for Christian Watson

I actually wouldn't hate that. Watson has a chance to be an absolute stud. I don't think he's going in 3/4 anymore. If we could land him with our second I'd be excited. I realize it's a bit of a luxury pick, but it would also prepare us for maybe having to make a tough decision on Aiyuk or Deebo down the road. 

Honestly i have no problem using all our current 9 picks the way they are. Just don't expect the later ones to be on the roster but more on that PS-call up edge for development. To me i like having more darts to throw and especially when you get to the sixth you get to pick guys that if you do can just as easy be a UDFA. And with our roster i don't think we will be a top destination for UDFA's.

For now spots i think we can easily target:

2nd/3rd QB

WR

TE

OT

OG

OC 

Speed Edge

NT 

LB

CB 

S

And yeah not all will be making the roster probably but adding a young corner to battle with Johnson for that 4th CB spot or a LB to battle with DFF for that 5th LB spot isn't a wrong investment. 

The way we have played FA we have the option to do what we want from a draft perspective and i expect us to sign some more guys for those vet min type deals who provide a base level for rookies to compete against.

25 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

😒 While his talent is intriguing, I would prefer our assets be spent better to address a more pressing need. 

Oh i totally agree that our offensive trenches need to be addressed but Shanny wants what he wants sometimes. If he does move up for a new toy in a WR then i may start to question a Deebo extension.

4 minutes ago, 9erFreak77 said:

Oh i totally agree that our offensive trenches need to be addressed but Shanny wants what he wants sometimes. If he does move up for a new toy in a WR then i may start to question a Deebo extension.

I think I'd have more questions about Aiyuk if we moved on someone like Watson. 

2 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I think I'd have more questions about Aiyuk if we moved on someone like Watson. 

Im a massive Arizona St fan and i nearly cried when we drafted Aiyuk so id rather it be Deebo lol.

PS no Arizona St jokes and wondering how one can become a fan lol.

• Like 1

Just now, 9erFreak77 said:

Im a massive Arizona St fan and i nearly cried when we drafted Aiyuk so id rather it be Deebo lol.

PS no Arizona St jokes and wondering how one can become a fan lol.

When I read ASU I immediately thought of that scene from Ted 2. 

I think Deebo provides something Aiyuk doesn't - really anyone in the NFL doesn't - so that's why I think that between the two of them, if one is gone it'll be Aiyuk. I'm not raggin on Aiyuk either as I think he's going to have a big year. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I think Deebo provides something Aiyuk doesn't - really anyone in the NFL doesn't - so that's why I think that between the two of them, if one is gone it'll be Aiyuk. I'm not raggin on Aiyuk either as I think he's going to have a big year. 

Oh without a doubt Deebo is our whole offence and will get extended i just don’t want to think about the alternative if Shanny goes that route lol.

29 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Not certain that is a fair assessment...Aiyuk beats his coverage an unprecedented amount of the time. Unfortunately for him, Jimmy G neither has the arm to maximize the depths of some of Aiyuk's routes nor does he look Aiyuk's way all that often.

This had better change with Lance. 

• Like 2