2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

49 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

A little surprised with this since Sherfield is a good STs player and has nice chemistry with Lance. 

Not sure why McDaniel did not get Tomlinson as well. They have the money and could have matched the Jets deal. The Dolphins OL is terrible so getting someone like Tomlinson would have been a nice get for them. 

Certainly seems like Watson will be a Saint soon.

Now that leaves about three veteran potential starting QBs on the market, maybe four if you include Baker.

How many openings are there? And this is before the draft, though no rookie should be expected to start from day one in this mediocre QB class. 

21 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

A little surprised with this since Sherfield is a good STs player and has nice chemistry with Lance. 

Not sure why McDaniel did not get Tomlinson as well. They have the money and could have matched the Jets deal. The Dolphins OL is terrible so getting someone like Tomlinson would have been a nice get for them. 

Maybe Jon Benton had something to do with it. I think he was the O-Line coach here when we acquired Tomlinson. 

11 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Hunter is awesome. I'd love to add him. Obviously he had the neck issue and the pec this last year, but it doesn't seem to me that these are going to be Dee Ford type injuries that linger on. I'd be on board. It seems like we were in on Chandler Jones, so maybe they have a plan in place to clear enough room for him already. A line of Hunter-Kinlaw-Armstead-Bosa would be pretty scary for other teams. I wonder what it'd cost us in a trade. After seeing Mack go for a second I could see us getting Hunter for less than that due to his injuries the past couple years and Minnesota's need to get his contract off the books.

These contracts are still crazy confusing to me. Would we only be responsible for paying his base salary the next two seasons? 

• Like 1

Sean Payton must be SICK! If he has Watson, he stays in NO for at least 5-10 more years lol. 

It's just really annoying how good NO is going to be with Watson. Heck, if Winston stays healthy, we probably don't even make the playoffs last season. Now you add Watson with possibly Armstead returning and Thomas coming back from his ankle injury? The team is going to be STUPID good....At least the Bucs will have serious competition inside their division.

NFC has the potential elite teams:

GB

TB

SF

LAR

NO

DAL (possibly)

All this talk of how stacked the AFC is, the NFC is far from being a slouch. With Rodgers and Brady returning to their respective teams and Watson likely being traded to NO, it changes the entire landscape of the conference.

Makes it even more annoying that these next few years will be Lance's best shot to lead us to a SB and we are not going all out in free agency. You have to make a major push right now. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Certainly seems like Watson will be a Saint soon.

Now that leaves about three veteran potential starting QBs on the market, maybe four if you include Baker.

How many openings are there? And this is before the draft, though no rookie should be expected to start from day one in this mediocre QB class. 

If the saints land Watson that has to be good news for Jimmy to the colts.

39 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Hunter is awesome. I'd love to add him. Obviously he had the neck issue and the pec this last year, but it doesn't seem to me that these are going to be Dee Ford type injuries that linger on. I'd be on board. It seems like we were in on Chandler Jones, so maybe they have a plan in place to clear enough room for him already. A line of Hunter-Kinlaw-Armstead-Bosa would be pretty scary for other teams. I wonder what it'd cost us in a trade. After seeing Mack go for a second I could see us getting Hunter for less than that due to his injuries the past couple years and Minnesota's need to get his contract off the books.

These contracts are still crazy confusing to me. Would we only be responsible for paying his base salary the next two seasons? 

Right? I think that's my understanding is that we would only be tied to his base salary?

38 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

NFC has the potential elite teams:

GB

TB

SF

LAR

NO

DAL (possibly)

All this talk of how stacked the AFC is, the NFC is far from being a slouch. With Rodgers and Brady returning to their respective teams and Watson likely being traded to NO, it changes the entire landscape of the conference.

Makes it even more annoying that these next few years will be Lance's best shot to lead us to a SB and we are not going all out in free agency. You have to make a major push right now. 

Its crazy, just a month ago Brady had retired, Payton had stepped down, and it looked like Rodgers was leaving the NFC. 

Now Brady is back, Saints are leaders for Watson, Rodgers returned. All 3 become viable contenders next season

At least Wilson is gone & it looks like Murray regressed a bit so the NFCW shouldn't be as brutal. 

44 minutes ago, GW21 said:

The reason they are trying to trade him is so someone else pays the roster bonus this year. If they pay that out, he'll come off the market. 

So any team trading for him will do so before that is paid out, meaning the new team will pay and take the cap hit from it

• Like 2