2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

Can we accelerate it lol I don't want to have to wait till the draft/training camp. 

Honestly, I'd be surprised if they don't wait now. As more jobs disappear, its actually less likely he's going to recoop the 7.5M in guarantees for this year. 

They'll try and flip him on the cheap to teams like Car / NO / etc, but if those jobs get taken as well, they may decide to wait until he's healthy to cut him just to avoid potential injury guarantees. 

• Like 2

Just being in the Watson sweepstakes got two QBs wanting out LOL. Baker wanted out even when it looked like Watson was going to one of the NFC South teams and now Ryan is ticked off and wants out as well.

That man changed the fortunes of three teams. Impressive lol.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Honestly, I'd be surprised if they don't wait now. As more jobs disappear, its actually less likely he's going to recoop the 7.5M in guarantees for this year. 

They'll try and flip him on the cheap to teams like Car / NO / etc, but if those jobs get taken as well, they may decide to wait until he's healthy to cut him just to avoid potential injury guarantees. 

Don Yee go public ask for Jimmys release please. Lol 

• Like 1

Well played by the Colts. Flipping Wentz for Ryan is a upgrade. Even though Matty Ice isn't the same QB he was with Shanny, he's still better than Wentz, not to mention a better leader and fit for that lockeroom. And they can draft one of these medicore QBs from this class and not have to fret really. That's the model for being patient, not overplaying your hand and just seeing what unfolds.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Better option for them then flipping a pick + big bucks for Jimmy. Especially when this is a rebuild year

So that leaves the Saints, Panthers & Seahawks as the only teams with a clear QB opening...but i bet Mayfield goes to one of those teams 

Edited by 49ersfan