2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

I figured Jimmy would have to agree to an extension for any trade to be completed. Maybe re-work his deal into a 3 year $60 million deal 

Now it looks like he'll just straight up have to take a big paycut. His injury guarantee is $7.5 million so he shouldn't settle for any less than that

I'd guess a 1 year $8 million deal with incentives to go higher on a team like the Seahawks or Panthers. Tries to rehab both his health and reputation in 2022 and try for a longer term deal in 2023

Only question is if we can finagle a late round pick out of it or ultimately cut him and he tries this in FA

Man, Lynch really screwed this one up. I hope we can still trade Jimmy, but it's looking pretty bleak right now. I don't think this is a firable offense, but it sure is going to make people look a Lynch differently. 

This is really putting a stormy cloud over the franchise this offseason. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I know Crocky just said this in a space to get ready for it and the space went completely silent. Lol

Frankly find this idea to be a complete abject disaster. I mean, there are 100% people in the locker room who are going to feel like Jimmy is / should be the starting QB. 

Starting Trey's career off by basically burning two years of his rookie deal and a QB competition and potentially split locker room just sounds like a tragically bad idea. How long before he struggles (assuming he wins), which we know he will because he's ostensibly a rookie, that people are screaming to go back to Jimmy? lol 

Nothing about this sounds like a good idea. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'm just here to see @J-ALL-DAY's reaction when they are splitting reps in Training Camp for their QB competition 

Pull Up Chair GIFs | Tenor

Forget seeing my reaction, I can't wait to see Lombardi's spreadsheet and talking about Lance not being ready in the move the ball drills LOL.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Forge said:

akash is just bad at this. 

No way in hell you can do this. 

I have been pushing for Jimmy to take a pay cut for like 18 months

Do you remember on our podcast when I said it was a 0% chance Jimmy was on our team in 2021 for his 25 million dollar salary? I believe I was the first person to actually suggest it, since I did it like week 6 of the 2020 season or something lol  

Even I saw that tweet and was like "nahhhh" lol