Scott Turner given three year extension

e16bball

10 minutes ago, e16bball said:

The man has consistently presided over a top 20-25 offense in the entire world. 

Obviously he was going to be in high demand. 

I love that they're totally just okay with the fact JD McKissic is leaving and basically this offense fell apart after he got hurt. But hey, lets pay the guy who couldn't get anything going without him.

Edited by lavar703
  • Like 1

Nothing wrong with this move.  It is JDR who underperformed.

The point is that if we do think Scott Turner is a rising star you lock him up considering the trend of young offensive coaches getting shots at a HC job early.

It isn't like it hurts our cap space.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Nothing wrong with this move.  It is JDR who underperformed.

The point is that if we do think Scott Turner is a rising star you lock him up considering the trend of young offensive coaches getting shots at a HC job early.

It isn't like it hurts our cap space.

I’m kinda with this. I think he’s done pretty well with the talent he’s been given to date. Last year if our defense was half as good as they should have been we could have been a wild card with a backup qb and Terry and Gibson basically being the offense

The guy took a QB off the street that no one wanted, a LT straight up cut from his prior team, a LG his prior team wanted nothing to do with, a rookie RT, top TE out for the majority of the year, #2 WR out for pretty much all year, and somehow made an offense that was competitive.  

• Like 1

I actually like Turner. I think we clown him because his dad and moments but with his talent to the execution I actually think he’s god. I think you give this guy a realistic competitive level depth chart I think his system is good. Idk I’m okay with this

5 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

He just got a QB that isn't Taylor Heinicke, Kyle Allen, Ryan Fitzpatrick for 3.5 plays, immature Dwayne Haskins. 

Again, hated the trade, but let's be real, it is the best QB we've had in years. 

That does not mean you need to lock the guy up for three more seasons, but it’s not my money or decision.  RR is loyal to his guys, so this should not surprise me, yet it does. 

5 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I actually like Turner. I think we clown him because his dad and moments but with his talent to the execution I actually think he’s god. I think you give this guy a realistic competitive level depth chart I think his system is good. Idk I’m okay with this

I don’t know that he’s THAT good! 😂

• Like 1