Steelers sign QB Mitch Trubisky

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

I watched a couple Steelers games last year but I think it's clear you've never watched Mitch try and play QB before...

You are just plain wrong. Trubisky is a decent passing QB who can also run. His record and his stats show this.

You HOPE that Wilson does not suck. Trubisky has already proven this.

He lost a playoff game on a double doink. He led them on that attempted FG drive with 56 seconds on the clock and 1 timeout left.

You may not think he's a top 20 starter when factoring in hoping with young guys. He's still a legit NFL starter.

This would be you if Wilson went 11-3 next year with 24 TDs 12 picks and a 95.54 rating

waterboy-rubbing.gif

That's exactly what Trubisky did in year 2.

• Like 2

Am I the only person who thinks this is the best outcome for the Steelers?

Mitch is passable

At the risk of upsetting some people.... I think he could easy be in the same tier as another starter in the division

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

You are just plain wrong. Trubisky is a decent passing QB who can also run. His record and his stats show this.

You HOPE that Wilson does not suck. Trubisky has already proven this.

He lost a playoff game on a double doink. He led them on that attempted FG drive with 56 seconds on the clock and 1 timeout left.

You may not think he's a top 20 starter when factoring in hoping with young guys. He's still a legit NFL starter.

This would be you if Wilson went 11-3 next year with 24 TDs 12 picks and a 95.54 rating

waterboy-rubbing.gif

That's exactly what Trubisky did in year 2.

That's a generous interpretation of "decent passing QB".

Trubisky should not have gone before Watson and Mahomes but he was a legit talent who belonged in the top 12 or so of the draft.

Hes shown that on the field. He’s not a star and most people have no idea how to rate QBs. 1-5 great 6-14 really good 15-on SUCKS!  Give me another beer, buuurp!

3 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

His statistics or your feelings?

Are you really trying to argue that Trubisky's stats are impressive? lol

Or is this like a "well only 32 people on the planet can play QB so he's technically in the top .001%" argument.

If you have him, you are hoping he either A) Plays Better or B) You can get rid of him and move on 

That doesn't scream acceptable QB play to me.

37 minutes ago, Soggust said:

Are you really trying to argue that Trubisky's stats are impressive? lol

Or is this like a "well only 32 people on the planet can play QB so he's technically in the top .001%" argument.

If you have him, you are hoping he either A) Plays Better or B) You can get rid of him and move on 

That doesn't scream acceptable QB play to me.

How did you turn decent into impressive?

He’s Andy Dalton if Dalton did not fill his pants in every big game.

Take your dishonest BS somewhere else. It’s not working here.

27 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

How did you turn decent into impressive?

He’s Andy Dalton if Dalton did not fill his pants in every big game.

Take your dishonest BS somewhere else. It’s not working here.

No, his best career year is Andy Dalton's average lol. 

Edited by Soggust
  • Like 1

Trubisky was 16th, 28th, and 20th in QB rating from 2018-2020.

The average is 21.3 and he’s a good runner.

He wins more than he loses

A competent person without some I saw a meme once agenda would realize he is a legit NFL starter.

Your extreme cold take will play itself out this year.

BTW, Dalton has been 14-25 with an 82.9 rating with 59 TDs and 42 pick since 2018. Trubisky is clearly and obviously a better QB. Dalton sniffing is never a valid argument for anything.

2 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

And Andy’s worst year was with Nagy

And I fully anticipate Trubisky to do better without him (although Tomlin not necessarily an offensive wiz either, but certainly better you would think).

I'm not arguing he's not a viable stop-gap solution. 

But saying Trubisky has proven himself not to suck and is a decent passing QB is a bit disingenuous for a guy who couldn't get a starting job last year because of his performance on the Bears (fairly or not). 

1 minute ago, Soggust said:

And I fully anticipate Trubisky to do better without him (although Tomlin not necessarily an offensive wiz either, but certainly better you would think).

I'm not arguing he's not a viable stop-gap solution. 

But saying Trubisky has proven himself not to suck and is a decent passing QB is a bit disingenuous for a guy who couldn't get a starting job last year because of his performance on the Bears (fairly or not). 

Trubisky could’ve gotten a starting job somewhere, at least somewhere else he could’ve started a few games. But he landed in an ideal spot from him to learn from a quality offensive coach and a skilled qb that has the intangibles people thought Mitch had. 

The Steelers also have a history of having absolute dog**** qbs step in and be serviceable when BB went down and I feel Mitch is leagues above them from a potential standpoint. 

We’ve seen MT make some terrible decisions that weren’t on the coaches and we’ve also seen him ball out despite the Nagy Offense. I don’t expect him to do much more than 3600 22/13 or so next year but I do think he makes an impressive next step compared to what is expected by some. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Trubisky was 16th, 28th, and 20th in QB rating from 2018-2020.

The average is 21.3 and he’s a good runner.

He wins more than he loses

A competent person without some I saw a meme once agenda would realize he is a legit NFL starter.

Your extreme cold take will play itself out this year.

BTW, Dalton has been 14-25 with an 82.9 rating with 59 TDs and 42 pick since 2018. Trubisky is clearly and obviously a better QB. Dalton sniffing is never a valid argument for anything.

Mitch has a career 87 rating and throws for like 200 yards a game lol.

Even in your timeline, he has an 89 rating @ 215 ypg and a 57:30 TD:INT (plus 6:17 TD:FMB).  Those are just objectively not decent passing stats in 2021.

Not sure why you are bringing up wins/losses because your statement was that he was a decent passing QB who could also run (but I agree there he's mobile).

• Like 1