Steelers sign QB Mitch Trubisky

RaidersAreOne

9 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Really not bad depending on the money.

They weren't getting Watson, and there's no one else they could grab who's definitely going to be good. Entirely possible Nagy made Trubisky look worse than he was and that he has some success in Pittsburgh. If not, look to draft one in 2023.

Yep…at least there’s a bit of upside possible with this move.

As a Steelers fan, and with over $100 mill in cap room next year…front load some OL FA contracts this year, grab another WR in the draft(very deep) and trade the farm in next years draft in a stronger QB class.

17 minutes ago, AFF said:

All that matters is the guaranteed $$$…it’s probably a 1 year deal with guaranteed $$$ and the 2nd year is mostly fluff and can be cut easily if/when he sucks.

It's never a great sign when the #1 virtue of a signing is how easily you can get out of it if/when the guy sucks.

• Like 1

The Steelers are a well run organization and I'm not going to question them on this move.  It's never easy trying to replace a HOFer, and it's even harder when the upcoming draft class looks like it will be a weak one.  My guess is that they may have a rough season in 2022, but that will put them in position to get someone they want long term in the 2023 draft. 

Trubisky gets a lot of flack for having been drafted ahead of Patrick Mahomes, and then not living up to that standard.  I don't expect him to ever set the world on fire, but he's a decent guy and I hope he can at least carve out some sort of a niche for himself in the league during this rebound year in his career.

1 minute ago, sp6488 said:

It's never a great sign when the #1 virtue of a signing is how easily you can get out of it if/when the guy sucks.

Oh I’m aware…but the Steelers aren’t going anywhere this upcoming year regardless.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

Because he clearly isn't meant to be a long term solution.

Just now, Ty21 said:

Ben trying to run last year was one of the biggest highlights of being a football fan 

The only time Ben looked remotely decent last year were a few 4th quarter comebacks he had to make because he sucked the previous 3 quarters.

• Like 2