Draft watch

Johnny Nix

11 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

My worry is guys like Jamarco Jones will go late 1st, even though very few if any is talking about him right now.  Any Tackle not taking in the 1st will probably go early 2nd, as teams trade up to get their guy like the Jags did for Cam Robinson.  Meanwhile, we'll just sit until our pick with a lot of guys taken before we can get them...

We all know this is exactly what will happen.  We'll end up taking 2 non-OL with our first two picks and we'll hear about "value" at the press conferences.

I guess I am not too worried about tackles due to not really seeing much of anyone this year. I don't think I watched more than a quarter of any game that didn't involve Ohio State or the Bengals. So clearly I want Jamarco and Orlando as bookends with Billy Price at center.

1 hour ago, Beck Bristow said:

I guess I am not too worried about tackles due to not really seeing much of anyone this year. I don't think I watched more than a quarter of any game that didn't involve Ohio State or the Bengals. So clearly I want Jamarco and Orlando as bookends with Billy Price at center.

I think I had that in my mock a few weeks back :D

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

We all know this is exactly what will happen.  We'll end up taking 2 non-OL with our first two picks and we'll hear about "value" at the press conferences.

WJIII was a value pick at a non-need position, and on one complains now because he's a stud.

I'm a fan of the "take-a-stud" draft strategy, even if it's QB.  

But i also think they should do some FA damage before going 0 OL in rounds 1-4.  Otherwise that terrible unit will sink the ship again next year.

11 hours ago, ochocinco4pres said:

Listening to draft podcasts, a lot of people are not high on Brown at all and think he is Phil Loadholt all over again. 2nd round pick or later apparently 

I don't know, I was really impressed by his Rose Bowl performance.  I know it's only 1 game, but UGA was a good team.

1 hour ago, Futbudds said:

Vita Vea is giving me the same oooh’s and aaaah’s that Rueben Foster did last year.

His best play against PSU was a tackle on special teams.  Which was impressive for a guy his size.  Or 2/3 his size.  But honestly his play on the D-line was not impressive in that game.  I need to watch more, but PSU kept him well under control.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Futbudds said:

Anyone else getting Shaun Taylor vibes from Derwin James also? I know strong safety isn’t a need but he’s got quite a ceiling imo.

I think it’s a need in terms of upgrade. Shawn Williams doesn’t suck but he isn’t exactly a playmaker either. 

29 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

I think it’s a need in terms of upgrade. Shawn Williams doesn’t suck but he isn’t exactly a playmaker either. 

In terms of position I’d rather go with o line, dt, or lb but if he gets to his potential he could easily be the best player out of this draft.

On 1/27/2018 at 9:22 PM, Futbudds said:

I’m not sure if Price will make it to our second round pick. He looks better than Elflein in the 2016 tape imo.

Like all years, I'm good with a trade back.  If Quinton Nelson, Orlando Brown, and Connor Williams are gone by our pick, we should trade back and take an OL in the middle to late first.  Like Billy Price, Will Hernandez, or Isiah Wynn...

On 1/29/2018 at 10:12 AM, TheVillain112 said:

Like all years, I'm good with a trade back.  If Quinton Nelson, Orlando Brown, and Connor Williams are gone by our pick, we should trade back and take an OL in the middle to late first.  Like Billy Price, Will Hernandez, or Isiah Wynn...

Without an expectation of a qb that’s my perfect draft also. Grab Price or the Iowa kid in the mid-late first and pick up another 2nd and such then take the best tackle and one of the top DT’s  in the second round. Trenton Thompson would look good next to Geno imo.

Archived