2022 Off-Season Thread: The Dead szn...

Dcash4

21 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Even if it is just a season, that’ll be a massive break from football for Watson. This is not at all the important thing about this story, just sticking to purely football talk, but who knows if he’d even be good when he comes back. 

I think he'll still be good. Vick had his best football coming after his jail sentence. the browns team around him tho? the offensive talent they have will be 1 yr older, with no high draft picks to add and probably not that much cap space while the rest of div will have more assets to self-improve. although adding a top 10 QB will be a big boost for cle

4 hours ago, August4th said:

I think he'll still be good. Vick had his best football coming after his jail sentence. the browns team around him tho? the offensive talent they have will be 1 yr older, with no high draft picks to add and probably not that much cap space while the rest of div will have more assets to self-improve. although adding a top 10 QB will be a big boost for cle

I’ll have to look it back up, but I am pretty sure they have a really interesting cap reality coming up. There’s a lot you can do to massage the cap, but teams that are 5-6 players heavy at the top need to absolutely bannnnnng the draft — and they won’t have first round picks. If they miss a year of Watson, that’s gonna hurt. 

Roethlisberger was suspended 6 games in 2010, reduced to 4 on appeal, as a result of the 2 accusations against him. 2 games per accuser X 24 accusers = 48 game suspension (if the NFL was actually consistent)… Realistically, I will be mad if Watson doesn’t at least miss a season.

Thought this was pretty cool. Juju was always awesome to fans at USC, so not really a surprise. I didn’t understand all the hate he got. Like I get the TikTok stuff can be a little cringe at times, but he came into the league as like the youngest player and is just a big kid at heart. 

4 hours ago, jebrick said:

They will miss "the cheap year" of Watson if he is suspended.

I thought they structured his contract this way anticipating a suspension, to minimize the amount of money he would lose due to it.

True scum bags the Browns organization is.  

1 hour ago, BrettsBeard said:

Roethlisberger was suspended 6 games in 2010, reduced to 4 on appeal, as a result of the 2 accusations against him. 2 games per accuser X 24 accusers = 48 game suspension (if the NFL was actually consistent)… Realistically, I will be mad if Watson doesn’t at least miss a season.

Difference is what the CBA says.  I think there is a 3 person panel that will handle this vs just the Commish

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Thought this was pretty cool. Juju was always awesome to fans at USC, so not really a surprise. I didn’t understand all the hate he got. Like I get the TikTok stuff can be a little cringe at times, but he came into the league as like the youngest player and is just a big kid at heart. 

Because there’s too many Mark Madden wanna be jackoffs in the area. 

5 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Worth it. Basically bought out his franchise tag years. 

Yep, and they bought out his prime years to boot and not having the contract into his “decline” years.

Good deal.