2022 Off-Season Thread: The Dead szn...

Dcash4

5 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

9th, potentially 10th still isn't an encouraging signing at non-rookie deal money. Especially when 7 of them have yet to turn 27 years old. 

Go get a rookie whose floor is Baker, but whose ceiling is towards the top of the conference. 

I don’t believe that QB exists in this draft class. 

Where does Trubisky slot in among the list of afc qb’s? I’d say 12, but not higher than 10.

9 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Tyreek Hill has been granted permission to seek a trade. 

Why are stud WRs so scared of Juju? Lol

Trading away a stud WR at the end  of their prime years and squiring asserts/cap space…gutsy but I like it.

7 minutes ago, AFF said:

Trading away a stud WR at the end  of their prime years and squiring asserts/cap space…gutsy but I like it.

YES! That’s exactly what starts to happen when teams have to start paying their QBs C2+ contracts. That and the basker Mayfield/trubisky situations. Cut ties with 1st round QB, or jettison some of your other great players. 

Edited by SMashMouthMike

7 minutes ago, August4th said:

SMH if AB did not go nuts we could of gotten a 1st and more in a trade like GB did with Adams and what KC will get for Hill. also should of traded Bell after the 2017 season...oh well

Let’s be honest, if AB didn’t go nuts we probably would have kept him until he was past his prime 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dcash4 said:

9th, potentially 10th still isn't an encouraging signing at non-rookie deal money. Especially when 7 of them have yet to turn 27 years old. 

Go get a rookie whose floor is Baker, but whose ceiling is towards the top of the conference. 

Problem is that Mayfield is a known.  The others are all gambles.  Willis might be better and might crash and burn.  Howell is more of the same but with less talent.  Ridder might but has some issues to overcome as well.  2023 QBs, we can talk.  At least 5 of them I would take over anyone in this class.

32 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Problem is that Mayfield is a known.  The others are all gambles.  Willis might be better and might crash and burn.  Howell is more of the same but with less talent.  Ridder might but has some issues to overcome as well.  2023 QBs, we can talk.  At least 5 of them I would take over anyone in this class.

I am not saying they need to take a rookie QB this year, but the median of vet QB deals is going to get to $20M range with the top end guys now making $50M. You cannot sign on for that willingly and be comfortable being 10th in your own conference at the best position. 

Trevor Lawrences highest cap hit through the first 4 years is $11M. Baker at that type or rate is good, once he is double that though it's not worth it.