2022 Off-Season Thread: The Dead szn...

Dcash4

17 minutes ago, Big Snack said:

A good buddy of mine is a fins fan and thinks Parker is not the same player. Said the injuries have taken the toll.  If that's the case no thanks. 

I think he’s in major need of a change of scene. 

15 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I’m flag planting Jameson Williams man. He’s my #1 option for us at 20, he fits what we need on offense so perfectly. I like the Mike Wallace comp but Jameson is definitely more shifty. 

I likened him to Wallace last year and I  too would take him at 20. Only other player that could be there that I might like more is Davis because I'd love him to learn from Cam before he retires.

• Like 1

New Mock!!!

20. Charles Cross OT Mississippi State

52. Jaquan Brisker S Penn State

84. Quay Walker ILB Georgia

138.Cade Mays OG Tennessee

208. Danny Gray WR SMU

225. Josh Blackwell CB Duke

241. Zach VanValkenburg EDGE Iowa

2 hours ago, DR43 said:

New Mock!!!

208. Danny Gray WR SMU

At least it doesn’t having us trading in the top 10, so I could live with it. They gotta get a 3T in there though. 

Edited by SMashMouthMike

1 hour ago, DR43 said:

New Mock!!!

208. Danny Gray WR SMU

I don’t love an OT in the first, but Cross is a certified blue chipper. I would understand if we did. I like Brisker, Walker, and Mays. I don’t know the others. I think they will look to WR way before the 5th, though. Not too shabby.

14 minutes ago, SMashMouthMike said:

At least is doesn’t having us trading in the top 10, so I could live with it. They gotta get a 3T in there though. 

If Tuitt is truly back, we don’t really need a DT. I could see them taking one, but I don’t think it’s a make or break thing. We only have so many picks.

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

If Tuitt is truly back, we don’t really need a DT. I could see them taking one, but I don’t think it’s a make or break thing. We only have so many picks.

And if he’s not we’ll have a 33 year old Heyward. No other 3 T on this roster that can both 1 gap and 2 gap.

Even if Tuitt comes back, those guys are gonna need to be spelled for a breather if they pass rush65% of the time. Hell even 2 techniques that drive nfl guards backwards 1 yard will wear out after trying to do that after a few plays. 

Edited by SMashMouthMike

49 minutes ago, SMashMouthMike said:

And if he’s not we’ll have a 33 year old Heyward. No other 3 T on this roster that can both 1 gap and 2 gap.

Even if Tuitt comes back, those guys are gonna need to be spelled for a breather if they pass rush65% of the time. Hell even 2 techniques that drive nfl guards backwards, will wear out.  

I think we’ll see a bit of progression from Loudermilk and Adams. They’d probably be better than most of the later round prospects anyway. That being said, if we could get Phidarian Mathis in the 3rd we should be sprinting to make that pick. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think we’ll see a bit of progression from Loudermilk and Adams. They’d probably be better than most of the later round prospects anyway. That being said, if we could get Phidarian Mathis in the 3rd we should be sprinting to make that pick. 

Yep. The problem with 3 techniques is that they are in such high demand that they get over drafted. Everybody wants to drop 7 defenders in pass coverage these days. It’s like hunting for a two-horned unicorn, lol, later in the draft that’s close to nfl ready. But if he’s there, u betcha. 

Edited by SMashMouthMike

DL is in a weird state…DE is 4 deep but Tuitt is a ? and a FA after 2022…Heyward is 33 and Wormley is a FA after 2022 as well. Loudermilk may only be a run stuffer.

The fact they haven’t cut Tuitt or added a DE in FA makes me think he’s a go for 2022.

NT has Alualu at 35 and coming off injury with Adams as solid depth…I’m not sure him being the main guy going forward.

Bottom line is that the DL is a major need going forward..:but one they may not address til next offseason due FA and age.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, AFF said:

DL is in a weird state…DE is 4 deep but Tuitt is a ? and a FA after 2022…Heyward is 33 and Wormley is a FA after 2022 as well. Loudermilk may only be a run stuffer.

The fact they haven’t cut Tuitt or added a DE in FA makes me think he’s a go for 2022.

NT has Alualu at 35 and coming off injury with Adams as solid depth…I’m not sure him being the main guy going forward.

Bottom line is that the DL is a major need going forward..:but one they may not address til next offseason due FA and age.

I think maybe @armsteeldmade this point originally, but Adams future may be at DE more than NT. Though, they’re pretty interchange at this point with our defense. Alualu isn’t a true NT either. I agree there’s a lot of question marks around that position group. I could see us spending a premium draft pick on one just as easily as I could see us not adding one at all.

• Like 1

okorafor was retained, what are your thoughts? I don't like the signing, but maybe they didn't have the $ for a better RT or they don't like the draft either.  Are they not bringing back Turner? I thought he was decent on a bad OL FWIW 🙄

8 hours ago, DR43 said:

New Mock!!!

208. Danny Gray WR SMU

Its okay depending how the draft goes.  

If Cross falls, Id absolutely take him.   I dont see it though.

After that, Im not sure there is an OT Id absolutely take in the first.   There are good prospects, but not on Cross' level. and I think the Steelers are going to be largely content with Moore and Chuks this year.

Id really really really prefer we dont draft a safety early this year.   Still holding out hope we sign someone before the draft.   And as a Penn State fan, Brisker isnt that good.    I think he is a day 3 talent.

Like Walker but it would depend who is on the board and what they are planning with Bush.     If there is a decent DLine talent in round 3, Id definitely go that direction.

No thanks to any day 2 OLineman this year.      Kind of a waste IMO. 

Dont know Gray.     I can almost guarantee we will take a WR sooner than that, though...unless we sign someone.

Last two picks are good.