2022 Off-Season Thread: The Dead szn...

Dcash4

2 minutes ago, AFF said:

With how bad they were at drafting mid round RBs for 4 straight years(1 hit in Conner)…I’d go the FA route.

I’d pony up a little bit of $$ for McKinnon personally.

I'd get someone like Mckinnon as the change of pace back and add another vet who can play some special teams. Snell and McFarland should not make it to September

2 minutes ago, August4th said:

I'd get someone like Mckinnon as the change of pace back and add another vet who can play some special teams. Snell and McFarland should not make it to September

Or Darrell Williams who is currently a FA as well…he showed some 3 down ability.

With they possibly being more run heavy the next few years(compared to most of the NFL), I want another 3 down capable RB.

Ravens are rumored to add Melvin Gordon despite having Dobbins and Gus(granted they are coming off major injuries) but they are still looking at NFL caliber backs in FA. The last time we did was with Deangelo williams and it was a success! feels like they've been settling for mediocre RB room for a few yrs now. Is it The price of having little cap room? but they still could of been more active in improving the depth without spending much. I don't get how snell is still on this roster as RB2 right now

Edited by August4th
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, August4th said:

Ravens are rumored to add Melvin Gordon despite having Dobbins and Gus(granted they are coming off major injuries) but they are still looking at NFL caliber backs in FA. The last time we did was with Deangelo williams and it was a success! feels like they've been settling for mediocre RB room for a few yrs now. Is it The price of having little cap room? but they still could of been more active in improving the depth without spending much. I don't get how snell is still on this roster as RB2 right now

Neither Snell or McFarland should be on the team.

Tomlin is an idiot.    He will run Harris into the ground and if/when he gets hurt, then he might sign someone decent, but will underutilize them as soon as Harris returns.

1 hour ago, August4th said:

I mentioned earlier us signing MG3 would remind me a ton of when we signed DeAngelo Williams to play behind Bell. I would love that signing, I think Gordon has at least 2 seasons of serious juice left. He low key looked good last year. 

5 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I did a PFN mock draft simulator today that started

1. Andrew Booth Jr, CB Clemson

2. Desmond Ridder, QB Cincinnati

3. Justyn Ross. WR Clemson

How would yinz feel about this start? 

Not a fan of Ross TBH.

6 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Love the first pick, meh on the 2nd pick, meh on Ross

Edited by wwhickok

4 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

I like it. I think Ross and Pickens will continue trending upwards as they get farther away from their injuries. Ridder is my second favorite QB. Booth is a dog. He's going to be a premier CB in the league. I don't even think we could screw him up. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I like it. I think Ross and Pickens will continue trending upwards as they get farther away from their injuries. Ridder is my second favorite QB. Booth is a dog. He's going to be a premier CB in the league. I don't even think we could screw him up. 

Mike Tomlin says "Hold my beer"

• Like 2

Here is my recent PFN mock to be brutalized 🙂  I had one trade down in the 3rd

20. Jameson Williams WR Ala
54. Travis Jones DT Conn
86. Quay Walker LB Georgia
138.Jenali Woods TE Virginia
170. Jamaree Salyer OG Georgia
208. Cole Kelly QB SE Louisiana
225. Connor Heywood RB Mich St
241. Eric Johnson DT Missouri St.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, jebrick said:

Here is my recent PFN mock to be brutalized 🙂  I had one trade down in the 3rd

20. Jameson Williams WR Ala
54. Travis Jones DT Conn
86. Quay Walker LB Georgia
138.Jenali Woods TE Virginia
170. Jamaree Salyer OG Georgia
208. Cole Kelly QB SE Louisiana
225. Connor Heywood RB Mich St
241. Eric Johnson DT Missouri St.

It's a decent mock. I think the Steelers will go with two WRs and not two DTs.

20. Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State
52. Kyler Gordon, CB, Washington
84. Verone McKinley, S, Oregon
138. John Ridgeway, DT, Arkansas
208. Josh Paschal, EDGE, Kentucky
225. EJ Perry IV, QB, Brown
241. Bo Melton, WR, Rutgers

2 hours ago, DR43 said:

I saw a mock draft that had us taking Ridder in round 1 and Skyy Moore in round 2.  Would ANYONE in the Steeler World be OK with that?

They will not have a chance at Moore in the 2nd but if they did, I would be happy.