Jags sign CB Darious Williams

KhanYouDigIt

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

With his twitch and size, on paper you’d think he would. Guess we’ll see there plan.

$10M per and $18M guaranteed at 29 seems pretty fair considering what he’s been in the league. Sounds like he had better offers per Rapsheet.

Yeah, my biggest worry there is I like my slot corner to at least be somewhat feisty in the run/screen game. Williams will not be that guy. 

I hope he works out because he was fun to watch but I just don't think it will. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

With his twitch and size, on paper you’d think he would. Guess we’ll see there plan.

$10M per and $18M guaranteed at 29 seems pretty fair considering what he’s done in the league. Appears to have had a down year compared to 2019/2020, but they did change DC’s.

Sounds like he had better offers as well per Rapsheet.

I don't see him thriving in the slot. He's not that physical.

2 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

He was really good in 2020 right?

Maybe the best #2 CB in the NFL. You need to use him correctly in your scheme if you want him to thrive. Otherwise, he's decent.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Maybe the best #2 CB in the NFL. You need to use him correctly in your scheme if you want him to thrive. Otherwise, he's decent.

Curious to see what Pederson/Caldwell has to say about the plan.

Tyson Campbell was forced into the slot last year for the first few games and was awful. Then they moved him outside and took off (in a v good way). Really hope they don’t plan to do that again.

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Makes you wonder why Staley didn’t go after him. 

26 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Makes you wonder why Staley didn’t go after him. 

Sounds like the Vikings made a larger offer and potentially another team or two. Can’t recall if KOC brought much as far as the Rams defensive staff.

Seems like he just really wanted to go back to his hometown.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Sounds like the Vikings made a larger offer and potentially another team or two. Can’t recall if KOC brought much as far as the Rams defensive staff.

Seems like he just really wanted to go back to his hometown.

He’s a good dude man. Better than Kirk 😂 you’re gonna like him if he plays up to his talent. All on scheme.. He came in clutch and played a big part. 

I feel like Jaguars fans should know firsthand, the folly of trusting the performance of somebody opposite Ramsey is going to hold up when he's not there.  But ehhh...it's a player who actually wanted to be in Jacksonville, and he has talent and ability at a position of real need.  So...no need to look a gift horse in the mouth.  Jaguars got more than plenty of cap space to burn anyway.

Edited by Tugboat