Jags sign CB Darious Williams

KhanYouDigIt

It seems like this is going to be a regrettable contract. I don't know why you wouldn't just shell out a bit more for Carlton Davis or JC Jackson. Williams is undersized and potentially past his prime. 

If he can get back close to 2020 then it's a good deal but I think that ship has sailed.

3 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

It seems like this is going to be a regrettable contract. I don't know why you wouldn't just shell out a bit more for Carlton Davis or JC Jackson. Williams is undersized and potentially past his prime. 

If he can get back close to 2020 then it's a good deal but I think that ship has sailed.

Cuz he's likely our slot cb and a guy to push Campbell/Griffin as starters. 

He is 28 so should not be out the prime. 

4 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

He just turned 29. He's been at his best as an outside corner. Not sure he'd be great in the slot. 

With his twitch and size, on paper you’d think he would. Guess we’ll see there plan.

$10M per and $18M guaranteed at 29 seems pretty fair considering what he’s done in the league. Appears to have had a down year compared to 2019/2020, but they did change DC’s.

Sounds like he had better offers as well per Rapsheet.

Very risky. I don't see it going well, personally.

Loved him 2020, the cliff that he fell off in 2021 was staggering.

But he did play better in the playoffs and in the Super Bowl.

And this was one of the best defensive plays I've ever seen:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=darious+williams+pick+6

Good luck and I'll be rooting for him

Yeah I don’t think he’s past his prime. He played Metcalf really well! But even though DK looks like Tarzan! He plays like Jane. Dudes soft, never seen a WR not use his body like that guy. I think he’ll be good! Big mistake to use him in the slot. He isn’t fast enough side to side! He has burst. You want hin outside. He can be realllllly good or really bad! But when he’s good! He’s freaking good. Wishing him the best. Don’t be like oak and have our guys play out position(Joyner at slot wtf man, littleton at OLB). 

• Like 2