Forum wide Current Mock Draft-Discussion Thread

bcb1213

7 minutes ago, Blue said:

I don't think Taylor has had a very good interior OL in the NFL and Carr went and had arguably the best season of his career with a bunch of OL who still haven't been drafted here yet. I don't think either of them "need" great offensive lines to be successful, but with a 24 team league, it's not like anyone is going to have a bad offensive line.

Taylor has Quenton Nelson, Ryan Kelly and Mark Glowinski as his interior OL and all three have been drafted. Their RT Braden Smith too. DTMW in your division probably will argue Taylor's had good blocking given his line has two of them lol.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Taylor has Quenton Nelson, Ryan Kelly and Mark Glowinski as his interior OL and all three have been drafted. Their RT Braden Smith too. DTMW in your division probably will argue Taylor's had good blocking given his line has two of them lol.

Bold is fair enough, lol

I don't think Ryan Kelly is a great center. Mark Glowinski is not a great guard and I think there are still a lot of guys undrafted who are better than him.

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

Quenton not playing at all isn't.

Yeah, but it was against Baltimore, Miami during their losing streak, Houston who was horrible, and the Cardinals during their end of year meltdown.  So 3 of the 4 games he missed were good timing in terms of opponent.

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Bold is fair enough, lol

I don't think Ryan Kelly is a great center. Mark Glowinski is not a great guard and I think there are still a lot of guys undrafted who are better than him.

So if we agree Nelson is great(even if not 100% and HOF caliber if healthy), then I would say that Kelly is good-to-very good, but not great.  If the RG is at least average, it's not exactly a stretch to say the IOL is very good.

It's not like Taylor is dong everything himself.

OVFD's team though is the one I'm excited to see how people argue.

Patrick Mahomes
Alvin Kamara - clearly going to be a talking point
Keenan Allen
Michael Thomas - clearly going to be a talking point
Hunter Henry - I think some will have him as TE5-10 and others later
Alex Mack + Andrew Norwell + Trent Brown - imo good talent for draft value but injury questions and past peak questions to argue.

Von Miller - Old, but he's Von Miller
Fletcher Cox - Old, but he's Fletcher Cox
Josh Sweat - Some eagles fans in the evaluation, someone else tried to draft him after he was drafted
Fred Warner
Jordyn Brooks - one of those recent draft "what" picks Seattle has made in the first, slow start but then flashes will be interesting how people grade him.

Denzel Ward + Bryce Hall + Jessie Bates - solid back end so far

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Blue said:

3 straight Pro bowls and an All-pro nod in last three seasons. Dude making the calls for the line paving the way for leading rusher in the NFL.

You’re a bit hard to impress.

25 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

So if we agree Nelson is great(even if not 100% and HOF caliber if healthy), then I would say that Kelly is good-to-very good, but not great.  If the RG is at least average, it's not exactly a stretch to say the IOL is very good.

It's not like Taylor is dong everything himself.

Nobody said he was, but I disagree that he's had anything like a great interior line--and his best season as a pro, he absolutely did not.

15 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

3 straight Pro bowls and an All-pro nod in last three seasons. Dude making the calls for the line paving the way for leading rusher in the NFL.

You’re a bit hard to impress.

I pretty easily came up with 8 guys I'd take over him. I don't think he's bad, just not so good that *insert center here* is a meaningful downgrade here.

Just now, Blue said:

Nobody said he was, but I disagree that he's had anything like a great interior line--and his best season as a pro, he absolutely did not.

You said very good. 

Nelson was still at least great and lets call Glowinski average.  Kelly is good if not very good.  

You may have a point that Taylor's IOL was a little worse than the year before if only cause Nelson was great and not HOF/excellent, but that doesn't mean it still wasn't very good which was your original point.

3 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

You said very good. 

Nelson was still at least great and lets call Glowinski average.  Kelly is good if not very good.  

You may have a point that Taylor's IOL was a little worse than the year before if only cause Nelson was great and not HOF/excellent, but that doesn't mean it still wasn't very good which was your original point.

I still don't think he's had a very good interior line. Even agreeing that Nelson is great, I think y'all are overrating Kelly and especially Glowinski. One player doesn't make the entire unit good.

Edited by Blue

1 minute ago, Blue said:

I still don't think he's had a very good interior line. Even agreeing that Nelson is great, I think y'all are overrating Kelly and especially Glowinski. One player doesn't make the entire unit good.

I think average is fair for Glowinski.  But yes, I think we disagree on Kelly.