The New York ๐Ÿˆ Jets sign TE Tyler Conklin (26 years old) from Minnesota.

DefenseWinsChampionships

Yeah Conklin was an excellent signing. I made a post in the Colts thread about the 3 guys I'd like us to target (out of all FAs, not just TE) and he was one of them. Guy is simply under-rated. I've liked him since he was a prospect out of a smaller school no one pays attention to. When you check the salaries and look at all the scrub TE's making $6/year, $7/year for Conklin looks like an absolute steal.

Uzomah meant a lot to the Bengals too. I was more surprised by the Bengals letting Uzomah get away than I was by Minnesota letting U get out. Mostly because Minny has another guy they're ready to trust. I haven't seen anything from Cincinnati that suggests they want to hand the keys to Drew Sample. But he was a 2nd round pick. Maybe I'll stand corrected on that a few weeks into next year. But those two guys should help the offense overall. Both are good blockers and capable, if not spectacular receivers. Conklin probably the more athletic of the two. Uzomah may have been signed more for his leadership qualities, which are reportedly outstanding.ย 

ย 

I'll hop in to the Elijah Moore debate since clearly you all asked for my opinion.ย He can be a very important piece of the offense. And showed enough as a rookie that I will buy into the hype. Ideally the OL will improve and they can find a true #1 who makes Corey Davis absolutely forgettable. If they can protect Zach a bit better with an improved O-line, and a more consistent run game via the same, than they can unlock the true weapon that Elijah Moore can be by taking eyes off him and moving him around in the offense. Dude might prove to be pretty special. But maybe we won't nominate him for the H.O.F. just yet. In an ideal scenario the run game will improve and they can add the weapons to make Moore the clear #2. In that scenario you have a great offense.ย 

• Like 1

Just now, SteelKing728 said:

I have the nfl direct ticket or whatever its called so I could have 8 games on at once.

How many Jets games did you even watch during Elijah Moore's final 6 games?ย 

(Be careful of your answer because I'm going to then ask you Elijah Moore questions that won't show up looking at a box score).

1 hour ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

What are you trying to say outside of absolutely nothingness?ย 

There's way more to being an awesome WR than just how many "100 yard games" someone had.ย 

Because throughout his final 6 games as a Rookie Elijah Moore recorded 51 Targets, (66.7% Catch Rate Percentage), 34 Receptions, 494 Yards, 5 TDs aย Receiver Rating of 108.1.ย 

You now stand corrected because Elijah Moore was awesome throughout his final 6 games of his Rookie season.

144.5 Targets.ย 

66.7% Catch Rate Percentage.ย 

96.3 Receptions.ย 

1,399 Yards.ย 

14.1 TDs.ย 

Those are his final 6 game averages if projected into a full 17 game schedule.

Elijah Moore was awesome as only a Rookie throughout his final 6 games and it'll take someone extremely clueless to claim otherwise.ย 

Its like even when you make a solid point I would agree with, you do it in such a condescending manner it makes me want to disagree.

Incredible.ย 

2 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

How many Jets games did you even watch during Elijah Moore's final 6 games?ย 

(Be careful of your answer because I'm going to then ask you Elijah Moore questions that won't show up looking at a box score).

I caught bits and pieces of those last 6 games, but was not particularly paying attention to one individual player.

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Its like even when you make a solid point I would agree with, you do it in such a condescending manner it makes me want to disagree.

Incredible.ย 

Dalton Schultz has 0 career 100 yard games (career high of only 88).ย 

Michael Gallup only had 1 100 yard receiving game last year.ย 

I guess if Elijah Moore stinks because of only one 100 yard game. So do they.ย 

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

Just now, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

I have absolutely no clue as to the point you are trying to make. Gallup was hurt the whole year and Schultz is only a mega-star in your mind.ย 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I have absolutely no clue as to the point you are trying to make. Gallup was hurt the whole year and Schultz is only a mega-star in your mind.ย 

Michael Gallup wasn't hurt the whole year. He played 9 games with 8 starts (but only one 100 yard game).ย 

And Michael Gallup only had two 100 yard games in 2020 as a 3rd year player too.ย 

The point I'm making is I have absolutely no clue on why Elijah Moore having 1 100 yard game was mentioned while talking about how awesome his final 6 games of the season truly were and I have absolutely no clue why you're considering my Elijah Moore response to him as "condescending" but yet you didn't find his "Elijah Moore only had one 100 yard game" post as being condescending? Yeah okay.ย 

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

5 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

I guess if Elijah Moore stinks because of only one 100 yard game. So do they.ย 

Funny, your Top 5 future HOF TE didnt have a single 100 yard game ever?

Moore is nice, I like him, but I wouldnt call him elite.ย 

Its funny though, Justin Jefferson had seven 100 yard games in each of his first two seasons, yet you said he needs to show more before he is on your list of top receivers.