The New York ๐Ÿˆ Jets sign TE Tyler Conklin (26 years old) from Minnesota.

DefenseWinsChampionships

2 hours ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

I haven't watched them both play (outside of highlight videos) but from looking @ their Statistics, Tyler Conklin during 2021 alone (almost) put up better numbers than Irv Smith Jr. throughout both of his 2019/2020 season(s) combined.

Irv Smith 2019-2020 (combined).

29 Games (14 Starts).

90 targets.ย 

66 receptions.

73.3% Catch Rate Percentage.ย 

676 Receiving Yards.ย 

7 TD Receptions.

1,157 Plays (snap count).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tyler Conklin 2021.ย 

17 Games (15 Starts).ย 

87 Targets.ย 

61 Receptions.ย 

70.1% Catch Rate Percentage.ย 

593 Receiving Yards.ย 

3 TDs.ย 

924 Plays (snap count).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They both look pretty productive and Irv Smith Jr. is only 23 vs. Conklin 26 so I can understand why Minnesota decided to go with Irv Smith Jr. over Tyler Conklin but nonetheless I'm pretty excited about this guy.ย 

How is Conklin's run blocking/pass protection for a TE?

To be fair,ย  Smith was splitting time with Kyle Rudolph and didn't play as a rookie while Conklin didn't have much of any competition as a rookie

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, NewAge said:

Conklin, Uzomah, Moore, Davis, 1st/2nd round rookie, Berrios is a pretty solid group for Wilson to work with.ย 

I absolutely love Elijah Moore and not because of the Jets. It's because I'm SEC & ACC crazed and what he did at Ole' Miss breaking their single season record for most all time single season. Despite only 8 games.ย I was so fired up over Elijah Moore he's the only college WR I created an entire thread about on another Jets forum. Months before he ever became a Jet. Raving about this kid with YouTube Highlights and statistics the whole 9. One of the longest threads I've ever created kid is special already my favorite WR since Keyshawn Johnson 1996.ย When he fell past Jax #1 pick 2nd round I just hoped NY wasn't about to pass on him 2nd pick 2nd round. And we didn't. Love the pick even more today. He's a rare breed.

#1 WR Elijah Moore (plays much better from the outside than the slot and an X-Factor who can make plays lined up all over an Offense). He was truly elite no not good but elite during his final 6-7 games as only a Rookie.

#2 WR Either Drake London or Garrett Wilson @ 10.ย 

#3 WR Corey Davis. Not a true #1. More like a top 10 #2; automatically makes for anย  exciting #3 option @ WR for Zach Wilson; Corey Davis is another WR who can line up from either the outside or the slot he's pretty physical.ย 

+ These two upgrades @ TE with Tyler Conklin and J.C. Ozunaย 

#4 Braxton Berrios. N.E. drafted him for a reason.ย 

Kicker: RB Michael Carter. 900+ All-Purpose Scrimmage Yards as only a Rookie (behind a bad O-Line and Rookie QB) and now ranked 4th All-Time within Jets Franchise history for most Rookie RB All-Purpose Scrimmage Yards. And only played like 13 games. Kicker = he's awesome catching out of the backfield. His playing style reminds me of Dalvin Cook coming out; he ranked top 10 amongst all NFL RBs in Yards Per Touch.ย 

+

Much improved O-Line that will become stronger 1st two rounds.ย 

And all of a sudden New York actually has a Franchise hopeful surrounded by dare I say, weapons/๐Ÿ”ฅ power?ย 

AFC QBs are fully loaded around them I've been a fan for a long time and never seen a Jets Offense outside of 1998 with this much talent of potential.ย 

Wouldn't mind Breece Hall 2nd round (instead of Trey McBride) because man oh man would Breece Hall/Michael Carter =an electrifying RB duo of top notch Thunder/Lightning combo.ย 

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Imagine spending $15M/year, and walking away with an average TE room. ย That's poor use of resources. ย Conklin is a really solid TE2, but you're paying him $7M/year to do so. ย You can find someone just as productive for a HELL of a lot cheaper in the draft. ย Not sure the Uzomah signing is any better. ย Both look like guys you want as TE2, but neither are going to drastically change the TE room.

See yourย first point, think the rest is a reachโ€ฆ

$7M/yr is on par, if not favorable for Conklin โ€” heโ€™s the 16th highest paid TE. Rookie TEs rarely ever produce, not sure where youโ€™re getting that from. The position is too important in this offense / for Wilsons development to have rolled the dice on a rookie; barring a Pitts type prospect, which there isnโ€™t. The Jets TE room has been criminally awful for a decade, so not saying much, but it is certainly a drastic change.

ย 

• Like 2

I didn't even realize Conklin hit the FA market.ย  I think it's a good pickup.ย  One of those, "nothing special" guys...but when you're trying to help a young QB, just piling on some decent guys with good hands and see where he finds chemistry isn't a bad strategy.

On 3/17/2022 at 3:35 AM, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

We might've not had a chance @ Dalton Schultz and we're no longer (potentially) drafting Trey McBride @ 36 or 38th overall.

Two things you were probably never doing with Douglas anyways, but hey you wanted TE's. ๐Ÿ‘

5 hours ago, ///mcompact said:

Why is the playerโ€™s age in the thread title? ย Areย blood typesย and Zodiac signs next?

He's giving us an idea of when he'll be collecting Social Security.

Give Conklin 40 years, and I'm confident hr can be the best Jets TE of all time!

On 3/17/2022 at 3:08 PM, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

1 WR Elijah Moore (plays much better from the outside than the slot and an X-Factor who can make plays lined up all over an Offense). He was truly elite no not good but elite during his final 6-7 games as only a Rookie.

He had one 100 yard gameโ€ฆ.

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

He had one 100 yard gameโ€ฆ.

What are you trying to say outside of absolutely nothingness?ย 

There's way more to being an awesome WR than just how many "100 yard games" someone had.ย 

Because throughout his final 6 games as a Rookie Elijah Moore recorded 51 Targets, (66.7% Catch Rate Percentage), 34 Receptions, 494 Yards, 5 TDs aย Receiver Rating of 108.1.ย 

You now stand corrected because Elijah Moore was awesome throughout his final 6 games of his Rookie season.

144.5 Targets.ย 

66.7% Catch Rate Percentage.ย 

96.3 Receptions.ย 

1,399 Yards.ย 

14.1 TDs.ย 

Those are his final 6 game averages if projected into a full 17 game schedule.

Elijah Moore was awesome as only a Rookie throughout his final 6 games and it'll take someone extremely clueless to claim otherwise.ย 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

What are you trying to say outside of absolutely nothingness?ย 

There's way more to being an awesome WR than just how many "100 yard games" someone had.ย 

Because throughout his final 6 games as a Rookie Elijah Moore recorded 51 Targets, (66.7% Catch Rate Percentage), 34 Receptions, 494 Yards, 5 TDs aย Receiver Rating of 108.1.ย 

You now stand corrected because Elijah Moore was awesome throughout his final 6 games of his Rookie season.

144.5 Targets.ย 

66.7% Catch Rate Percentage.ย 

96.3 Receptions.ย 

1,399 Yards.ย 

14.1 TDs.ย 

Those are his final 6 game averages if projected into a full 17 game schedule.

Elijah Moore was awesome as only a Rookie throughout his final 6 games and it'll take someone extremely clueless to claim otherwise.ย 

I hope Moore works out for your team, and he might put up big numbers for the simple fact that the Jets will constantly be playing catchup this season, but you're putting too much into those last 6 games. Rookie production doesn't always predict future success.

Its also possible that the Jets are so good that Moore's numbers go down as the team just runs the ball to kill the clock.

5 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I hope Moore works out for your team, and he might put up big numbers for the simple fact that the Jets will constantly be playing catchup this season, but you're putting too much into those last 6 games. Rookie production doesn't always predict future success.

Its also possible that the Jets are so good that Moore's numbers go down as the team just runs the ball to kill the clock.

How many Jets games did you even watch during Elijah Moore's final 6 games?ย