The New York 🏈 Jets sign TE Tyler Conklin (26 years old) from Minnesota.

DefenseWinsChampionships

3-Years @ $21M ($7M per year).

I'm pretty excited. 

We might've not had a chance @ Dalton Schultz and we're no longer (potentially) drafting Trey McBride @ 36 or 38th overall.

• However we just went from having only 1 TE throughout the previous 10 years who's recorded at least 500 receiving yards (Chris Herndon 2018, 502 receiving yards). 

• To now featuring two separate TEs in Tyler Conklin and C.J. Uzomah who've both got that same type of receiving ability. 

(and now running two TE Mike LaFleur sets will be pretty fun to watch). 

Tyler Conklin as a 1st year 2021 starter (had 3 starts 2018, 1 start 2019 and only 2 starts 2020) started 15 games in 2021 and recorded...

87 Targets. 

70.1% Catch Rate Percentage.

61 Receptions. 

593 Receiving Yards. 

3 TDs. 

• Receiver Rating of 100.4. 

C.J. Uzomah 29 years old @ 6'6/260 lbs who just started 16 games for Cincinnati and recorded alongside of Joe Burrow (2021)...

63 Targets. 

77.8% Catch Rate Percentage. 

49 Receptions.

493 Receiving Yards. 

5 TDs.

• Receiver Rating of 119.1.

(Came up big and played clutch during the playoffs vs. the Raiders during Cincinnati's Wild Card win with 6 targets, 6 receptions, 64 receiving yards and 1 TD within a game decided by 7 points and then the following week @ Tennessee during the 2nd round he recorded 8 targets, 7 receptions and 71 Receiving Yards within a game decided by only 3 points).

Tyler Conklin/C.J. Uzomah (2021) combined...

140 Targets.

78.5% Catch Rate Percentage.

110 Receptions. 

1,086 Receiving Yards. 

8 TDs. 

• Receiver Rating of 109.7.

Dalton Schultz, who?

New-York-adds-another-weapon-for-Zach-Wi

Heading into Free Agency I couldn't stop stressing the importance of major improvements for Zach Wilson @ TE.

Which is why at first I felt let down over getting my hopes up for Dalton Schultz.

But the more research I've since done on both of Tyler Conklin/C.J. Uzomah the more 🔥'd up I've became regarding our new and improved TE duo. 

And for as much as I've liked the idea of making Trey McBride a Jet @ either 36th or 38th overall of the second round the more (now that we've upgraded TE) I'm looking forward to watching our Front Office 2nd round Attack both O-Line/Safety or O-Line/CB or O-Line/LB or even O-Line/RB come the 2nd round (if we go Edge Rusher @ 4 and WR @ 10).

Strongest Jets TE room I can ever remember. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Conklin was expendable with Irv Smith Jr coming back. That said, he filled in well and should be a big help to Flacco, Josh Johnson and Mike White.

I've been wanting to ask you...

How did Chris Herndon do for your Minnesota Vikings last year @ TE?

16 games played with only 4 catches and only 40 receiving yards?

Ryan Gosling Lol GIF

Thnx for completely throwing away, wasting and pissing away your 2022 4th round draft pick for him.

(because New York just absolutely fleeced Minnesota while receiving a valuable 4th round draft pick for Chris Herndon). 

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

1 hour ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

I've been wanting to ask you...

How did Chris Herndon do for your Minnesota Vikings last year @ TE?

16 games played with only 4 catches and only 40 receiving yards?

Ryan Gosling Lol GIF

Thnx for completely throwing away, wasting and pissing away your 2022 4th round draft pick for him.

(because New York just absolutely fleeced Minnesota while receiving a valuable 4th round draft pick for Chris Herndon). 

That's what we call a Spielman Special. I hope your team makes a good pick with our 4th rounder.

Nothing is worse though than the pick we gave to Baltimore for a guy that we weren't sure was a kicker or a punter, stunk in the preseason and didn't even make it to week 1 of the regular season. Kaare Vedvik I think was his name.

I wish your team well @DefenseWinsChampionships except when they play the Vikings. Maybe Conklin can get his revenge on his old team.

7 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

That's what we call a Spielman Special. I hope your team makes a good pick with our 4th rounder.

Nothing is worse though than the pick we gave to Baltimore for a guy that we weren't sure was a kicker or a punter, stunk in the preseason and didn't even make it to week 1 of the regular season. Kaare Vedvik I think was his name.

I wish your team well @DefenseWinsChampionships except when they play the Vikings. Maybe Conklin can get his revenge on his old team.

I still wish we drafted an X-Factor RB Dalvin Cook 2nd round instead of Marcus Maye (stiff Safety).

As an FSU fan the very moment we passed on #4 DALVIN COOK I turned off my TV (for 10 minutes) and when I turned it back on I seen Minnesota drafted him immediately after our old GM Mike Maccagnan passed on him. I was 38 hot. 

How do you pass on Patrick Mahomes and Dalvin Cook @ QB/RB and draft Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye @ SS/FS?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

And I hope you find one and also trade us Hunter.

Are they really trying to trade him @ only 27 years old with 35.0 sacks throughout the previous 3 years?

I'd gladly give them one of our 2nd round picks and still draft either Kayvon Thibodeaux or Aidan Hutchinson @ #4 overall (while using Carl Lawson as a situational pass rusher in order to keep him healthy and fresh).

4 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Conklin surprised a lot of people last year. Definitely would have wanted him back but Mn is moving away from the heavy two TE sets, and with Irv Smith returning, there just isn’t justification for bringing him back at market value given MNs cap restraints. 

I haven't watched them both play (outside of highlight videos) but from looking @ their Statistics, Tyler Conklin during 2021 alone (almost) put up better numbers than Irv Smith Jr. throughout both of his 2019/2020 season(s) combined.

Irv Smith 2019-2020 (combined).

29 Games (14 Starts).

90 targets. 

66 receptions.

73.3% Catch Rate Percentage. 

676 Receiving Yards. 

7 TD Receptions.

1,157 Plays (snap count).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tyler Conklin 2021

17 Games (15 Starts). 

87 Targets. 

61 Receptions. 

70.1% Catch Rate Percentage. 

593 Receiving Yards. 

3 TDs. 

924 Plays (snap count).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They both look pretty productive and Irv Smith Jr. is only 23 vs. Conklin 26 so I can understand why Minnesota decided to go with Irv Smith Jr. over Tyler Conklin but nonetheless I'm pretty excited about this guy. 

How is Conklin's run blocking/pass protection for a TE?

19 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

NYJ stockpiling TEs

Yes sir. 

Tyler Conklin/C.J. Uzomah (2021) combined...

140 Targets.

78.5% Catch Rate Percentage.

110 Receptions. 

1,086 Receiving Yards. 

8 TDs. 

• Receiver Rating of 109.7.

All throughout heading into FA I was screaming Dalton Schultz; but these two guys have me just as 🔥'd up for 1 Dalton Schultz because our two TE Mike LaFleur Sets are going to be exciting come 2022.