Baker Mayfield formally requests a trade

TheRealMcCoy

6 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Ive stated it wasnt a good look from the Browns, but it was deserved. Baker has done/said 100 different immature things over the course of 4 years and the Browns have either handled it internally or stuck up for him. 

Eventually enough is enough

Baker’s actions are not justified cause for the Browns’ actions. The Browns have complete autonomy over what they do and say.

If their prior approaches with Baker failed, that doesn’t mean publicly insinuating he’s a child is the last (and necessary) result.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Duluther said:

That’s the thing. You’ve noted Baker’s poor PR behavior, and how the Browns have taken issue with it.

Now the Browns have committed poor PR behavior themselves. No franchise should speak of their current players in this way.

This isn’t about Baker. It’s about the Browns.

https://brobible.com/sports/article/baker-mayfield-browns-jimmy-haslam/

The fallout is on Baker tbh.

Baker got his feelings hurt (understandably).

The Browns asked for a meeting to patch things up.

He refused and went crying to social media for a dramatic farewell and removed all Browns everything.

The Browns then said they needed an adult because he is acting like the petulant child he's been since OU, and while that Watson being an adult thing is hypocritical and hilarious, they aren't wrong that Mayfield isn't acting like an adult here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

For the record, I'm torn between the Browns trading Baker and watching him sulk and negotiate while "holding out" from a position of weakness with bad 2019 film, bad 2021 film, while being in the "Is he the next Jared Goff?" tier question entering 2023 with a loaded QB draft class and being 27 years old.

Dunking on the Browns is fun, I totally get it.

However, 50%+ of you were the same dudes dunking on the Browns for him being the QB to begin with, so which is it here? You can't have it both ways.

Go ahead and dunk on the Browns for how they've handled this, but you folks said they should upgrade, and then when they try to, you mock them.

Half of you: LMAO Browns go ahead and pay Baker and still irrelevant

Also Half of you: LMAO Browns run Baker out of town who is the only QB you've had in 30 years to get you to relevance and fall back down in the cellar

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

It's possible to believe Baker isn't that good and the Browns did him dirty at the same time.

• Like 3

Just now, Bullet Club said:

It's possible to believe Baker isn't that good and the Browns did him dirty at the same time.

Yep, i'm team captain on the Baker Haters Club, and even I think the Browns are botching this pretty bad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

1 minute ago, THE DUKE said:

Yep, i'm team captain on the Baker Haters Club, and even I think the Browns are botching this pretty bad.

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

https://brobible.com/sports/article/baker-mayfield-browns-jimmy-haslam/

The fallout is on Baker tbh.

Baker got his feelings hurt (understandably).

The Browns asked for a meeting to patch things up.

He refused and went crying to social media for a dramatic farewell and removed all Browns everything.

The Browns then said they needed an adult because he is acting like the petulant child he's been since OU, and while that Watson being an adult thing is hypocritical and hilarious, they aren't wrong that Mayfield isn't acting like an adult here.

Just now, MWil23 said:

I can name the amount of times it's good to call out your current QB publicly for lacking maturity on zero fingers. Regardless of truth. It's not like it was after a game where tensions are higher either. It's the middle of the offseason.

Russ, Kyler, Baker..... I'm noticing a trend of whiny QBs under a certain height lol. 

For real though, beyond those 3, there's more guys who have gotten a bit nauseating like Watson quitting on his team, Rodgers being Mr. Cryptic, Drew Lock simply existing, Wentz and Got Dumped Again......

Have we officially entered the era where QBs are bigger divas than WRs?

4 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I can name the amount of times it's good to call out your current QB publicly for lacking maturity on zero fingers. Regardless of truth.

Which is fair, but let's not pretend like it's not true either, going all the way back to OU.

It's not like it was after a game where tensions are higher either. It's the middle of the offseason.

All of this is Truckstop Jimmy's doing anyway.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Russ, Kyler, Baker..... I'm noticing a trend of whiny QBs under a certain height lol. 

For real though, beyond those 3, there's more guys who have gotten a bit nauseating like Watson quitting on his team, Rodgers being Mr. Cryptic, Drew Lock simply existing, Wentz and Got Dumped Again......

Have we officially entered the era where QBs are bigger divas than WRs?

I think it's always been a thing, just hasn't been widely shown until Social Media stuff. Elway and Eli forced their way out of town with threats, Brett Favre was a major diva, the Chargers had drama with Brees...all of this stuff just happened before modern day social media.

• Like 3

It's funny to me the same people who bashed the Browns for not moving him, including the ridiculous talking heads on ESPN, are the same faulting Cleveland for LOOKING FOR AN UPGRADE and casting stones.

I mean, I get it, they could have handled it better and maybe saying "We need an adult" was a bad look when they should have just said vague FO speak like "We are grateful for everything Baker has done and does for our organization" and moved on accordingly.

If they don't use the "adult" thing, can anyone really fault them for looking for an upgrade with their roster?

34 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Order of events here:

Browns notified Baker at the combine they were going to pursue 'any elite QB available' so he was in the loop.

Jimmy Haslem offered to fly down to TX to meet with him and talk more about the situation before meeting with Watson.

Baker refused the meeting from the owner of the Browns and put out a 'goodbye fans' social post.

The Browns said they need a adult in the room.

Baker requests a trade

Browns say NO to drive up what value he still has left.

**When the Owner of the team, not GM, offers to fly to meet you and you say no--thats immaturity.

Edited by AkronsWitness

13 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

It's funny to me the same people who bashed the Browns for not moving him, including the ridiculous talking heads on ESPN, are the same faulting Cleveland for LOOKING FOR AN UPGRADE and casting stones.

I mean, I get it, they could have handled it better and maybe saying "We need an adult" was a bad look when they should have just said vague FO speak like "We are grateful for everything Baker has done and does for our organization" and moved on accordingly.

If they don't use the "adult" thing, can anyone really fault them for looking for an upgrade with their roster?

Probably not. The thing is...they did.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

That ship has sailed.

Most likely. If we can get a 2nd rounder out of him from the SEA/IND I will be happy.

Or

Baker to SEA for Lockett + conditional pick and then go trade for Jimmy G.

Jimbob + Lockett + Cooper + Chubb + Hunt + Njoku would be a great recovery for the Browns.

Edited by AkronsWitness

Probably not. The thing is...they did.

Again, it depends on the timing. If he refused to meet with the ownership after they were up front with him and he refused to meet and demanded a trade, they're right.

If the timing is different, then they're not.

I don't think anyone looks good here.

Given the post Week 17 comments where Baker took shots at Stefanski and the coaches, pardon me if I don't give him the benefit of the doubt, and the same goes for Jimmy.

• Like 1