Baker Mayfield formally requests a trade

TheRealMcCoy

10 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

True or False:

The Browns can concurrently trade for Jimmy G and trade away Baker Mayfield to the Colts/Seahawks. They will get more compensation for Baker than they pay for Jimmy. Their record will be equal, or better because of the trade. Either way they will look for a long term option in the offseason

I absolutely believe every word of the above statement is true

I believe all of this be true except the compensation. Jimmy is already under contract and if the Browns show interest, Lynch will try and fleece them. Knowing their backed into a corner. Use "Indy" as possible leverage whether true or not.

Baker is on a 5th year option. So unless said team that is trading for him has a long term contract already worked out in conjunction with said trade. Why would they trade more picks for in essence a 1 year rental non guaranteefir 2023?

What do you believe each players trade value to be, curious? I'd argue JG's is better based on the above.

Edited by Nabbs4u

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:
8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Nope. I am not wrong on this. The Browns fired the GOAT coach, and his staff with the GOAT college coach and like 2 GMs or something absurd and then dusted off, came back as the best defense ever and won a bowl.

You are a colossal moron when you dig your heels in and you know that I love you. Art Modell fired BB in February 15 of 1996, meaning:

https://clevelandmagazine.com/in-the-cle/articles/cle-myths-bill-belichick-fired

You know who fired him? The Baltimore "Somethings" since Modell said a nickname could wait.

On Feb. 10, 1996, according to the Washington Post, a vote by the NFL owners had approved Modell’s move to Baltimore — as long as the colors and naming rights remained in Cleveland. That Washington Post article quoted Modell calling his team the “Baltimore Somethings,” and the Associated Press even referred to Modell as “owner of the Baltimore NFL franchise formerly known as the Cleveland Browns.”

But despite promises, the coach’s famously prickly attitude rubbed the PR-obsessed millionaire the wrong way. So on Feb. 14, 1996, Art Modell dumped Belichick over the phone. “The search for a new nickname can wait,” wrote the AP on Feb. 15, 1996.

“First, Art Modell needs to find a new coach.” “Art Modell’s football team fired Bill Belichick,”

Expand  

Them moving at midnight is well known. 

You're literally talking about the COLTS

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/baltimore-colts-move-to-indianapolis#:~:text=On March 28%2C 1984%2C Bob,the city of Baltimore slept.

THEY MOVED FROM BALTIMORE TO INDIANAPOLIS

Your city is cursed. 

Duh

Chicago Bulls Dunk GIF by NBA

Flip It Home Run GIF by San Diego Padres

ric flair wwe GIF

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

It's almost like he was wrong on all of that.

Was just highlighting that one little interaction because it made me laugh lol. 

I am 100% in agreement with you that I can't see how anyone really sets a team back a decade, much less Baker. 

While reading it, your point was like a stone cold stunner couldn't have said it better myself. I thought "there is no rational response to this" lol. 

Then he came in with the Ric Flair low blow when the referee's back was turned.

I still absolutely agree Baker wouldn't set you guys back a decade, but was just funny to me because its probably the only response on earth that would have gotten a "touche" out of me haha. Maybe an illegal chair shot and DQ would have been better gif idk lol.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Like he is on most things.

Wait, what?

Maybe, but I have a good ability to strawman and filter statistics to fit my narrative so it sounds clean.

edit- read it wrong you meant you haha, but im right with you

Edited by Soggust
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Soggust said:

Was just highlighting that one little interaction because it made me laugh lol. 

I am 100% in agreement with you that I can't see how anyone really sets a team back a decade, much less Baker. 

While reading it, your point was like a stone cold stunner couldn't have said it better myself. I thought "there is no rational response to this" lol. 

Then he came in with the Ric Flair low blow when the referee's back was turned.

I still absolutely agree Baker wouldn't set you guys back a decade, but was just funny to me because its probably the only response on earth that would have gotten a "touche" out of me haha. Maybe an illegal chair shot and DQ would have been better gif idk lol.

I did my job then

tumblr_n8jzih5beR1sj4xr4o1_400.gifv

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

You are a colossal moron when you dig your heels in and you know that I love you. Art Modell fired BB in February 15 of 1996, meaning:

https://clevelandmagazine.com/in-the-cle/articles/cle-myths-bill-belichick-fired

You know who fired him? The Baltimore "Somethings" since Modell said a nickname could wait.

You're literally talking about the COLTS

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/baltimore-colts-move-to-indianapolis#:~:text=On March 28%2C 1984%2C Bob,the city of Baltimore slept.

THEY MOVED FROM BALTIMORE TO INDIANAPOLIS

Duh

The Undertaker Sport GIF by WWE

Stay down, Matts.

• Like 1

i know Bakers feelings are hurt, but where else would he go that he could maximize his value? He can go someplace else, in a lesser situation and stink it up(expose himself even more), ruining the prospects of a long-term deal. Ride it out, let your play do the talking in a familiar setting, then cash in.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

I believe all of this be true except the compensation. Jimmy is already under contract and if the Browns show interest, Lynch will try and fleece them. Knowing their backed into a corner. Use "Indy" as possible leverage whether true or not.

Baker is on a 5th year option. So unless said team that is trading for him has a long term contract already worked out in conjunction with said trade. Why would they trade more picks for in essence a 1 year rental non guaranteefir 2023?

What do you believe each players trade value to be, curious? I'd argue JG's is better based on the above.

Jimmy G is in the last year of his contract.