Browns to trade for QB Deshaun Watson; Agree to new contract (5yr 230M Fully GTD)

AkronsWitness

2 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

No, I have no idea who’s on the team. Could you please give me the run down of the projected starters?

There’s more to that team than who they’re fielding at QB. Their culture is horrible. Sounds like a great fit for Watson. 

I have no problems being the Detroit Bad Boy/Villain of the NFL.

8 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I'm a Browns fan and I hope he gets punished. Need a nice suspension and loss of pay.

I don't know if this exists but I hope he gets put on some mandated program for 2+ years where he has to volunteer his time at abuse center.

The Browns factored that in with his new contract. He has a very low base salary in year 1 to accommodate any potential loss of income in the event he faces a suspension.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

Does anyone actually trust the integrity of NFL investigations, no matter who the target is or what the outcome?

There's always IVY League football, that might be a little more suitable for you.  Also the nerve of a guy who cheered Big Ben on for years, the audacity...

Edited by MSURacerDT55

21 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

This really is a horrible look for the NFL.  The league is just a bunch of hypocrites.  A player facing 22 civils suits for alleged sexual misconduct will sign a guaranteed contract of $230 million.  Don't hate the player, hate the game.

I think it's okay to hate the player (allegedly)

Edited by Tk3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

There's always IVY League football, that might be a little more suitable for you.  Also the nerve of a guy who person who cheered Big Ben on for years, the audacity...

I think it's funny that you are in here beating your chest about this trade, but refuse to even take something as low stakes as an avatar bet.

Regardless, nothing about my post had anything to do with what I think of Watson the human being. It was, obviously, a statement on the integrity of the league office.

• Like 1