Browns to trade for QB Deshaun Watson; Agree to new contract (5yr 230M Fully GTD)

AkronsWitness

2 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

I think it's funny that you are in here beating your chest about this trade, but refuse to even take something as low stakes as an avatar bet.

In all fairness, it’s a pretty steep bet. AFC’s absolutely loaded + Watson’s probably going to miss over half the season in a suspension. The Browns might not even make the playoffs this year. 

Really the only teams in the AFC I’d bet to win a playoff game is KC or Buffalo.

Edited by Yin-Yang

4 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

I think it's funny that you are in here beating your chest about this trade, but refuse to even take something as low stakes as an avatar bet.

Regardless, nothing about my post had anything to do with what I think of Watson the human being. It was, obviously, a statement on the integrity of the league office.

Remember this is FootballsFuture, not IntegritysFuture, things like this have been going on for years and will continue to, smart people will know these aren't good guys to start with. When you realize this, you all won't get your tideys in a bunch.

Edited by MSURacerDT55

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

In all fairness, it’s a pretty steep bet. AFC’s absolutely loaded + Watson’s probably going to miss over half the season in a suspension. The Browns might not even make the playoffs this year. 

Really the only teams in the AFC I’d bet to win a playoff game is KC or Buffalo.

If they don't win it this year, what are they going to do when Garrett and Chubbs' cap hits balloon and they lose half their OL?

1 minute ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Remember this is FootballsFuture, not IntegritysFuture, thing like this have been going on for years and will continue to, smart people will know these aren't good guys to start with. When you realize this, you all won't get your tideys in a bunch.

I guess you will just ignore the entire point of my post and just keep pretending that I'm here because of my moral indignation. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Remember this is FootballsFuture, not IntegritysFuture, thing like this have been going on for years and will continue to, smart people will know these aren't good guys to start with. When you realize this, you all won't get your tideys in a bunch.

This generalization based on a selection of players is more harmful than anything.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

This is a fair take, I assume the FO knows this and probably go after an established veteran. If we can get a guy who can at least keep us .500 we should be in good shape when he does come back. Hopefully....

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Yeah im going to have to issue a f- on your comment. Many NFL guys give away more in a year than you will ever do in your entire life. 

Most are good people

Cool, you can assume that all you want. I am not in the slightest offended. 

Edited by MSURacerDT55

24 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

If they don't win it this year, what are they going to do when Garrett and Chubbs' cap hits balloon and they lose half their OL?

I mean, I guess we’ll see?

I’m just saying, I don’t think there’s really anyone outside of 3-4 teams in the league where you’re confidently betting on them to win a playoff game next year. Especially this early, FA’s just started.

1 minute ago, JohnChimpo said:

Fully guaranteed or Randy Gregory Cowboys guaranteed?

I'd guess for real guaranteed as it brought Watson back to the table.

And they minimized the hit Watson is going to take financially by paying him only a million in salary this year.

Almost a foregone conclusion that a suspension is coming.

• Like 1