Browns to trade for QB Deshaun Watson; Agree to new contract (5yr 230M Fully GTD)

AkronsWitness

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Vick went to prison, apologized for his crimes, and became an advocate for animals. You can hate what Vick did and not like him because of it, but Vick at least owned his crimes and tried to make up for them.

Watson denied everything and after he wasn't convicted said something about the truth setting him free.... These cases are not comparable.

Yeah, they're not. What Vick did was worse, and he should still be rotting in prison.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

If you read the legal briefing, that is the basis of the claim.  That bc of the power discrepancy (which again has no basis in law) they were not able to say bc they were intimidated by his status as a rich popular athlete, and therefore could not legally give consent.

Did he make them sign a non-disclosure to massage him?

12 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Pressure implies intimidation.  Is it appropriate to ask somebody for sex in certain circumstances?  Again the basis of these claims is that his status is what created intimidation, not that he pressured them, not that there was coercion, simply he is a rich athlete therefore I couldn't say no.  I have a huge problem with that legally speaking.

Asking a woman to do something that she doesn’t want to do, but feels like she cannot say no. 

How is that not pressuring her to do the thing she doesn’t want to do? It’s like, textbook.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Did he make them sign a non-disclosure to massage him?

That is actually possible and conceivable.  MTs are not bound to HIPAA and could disclose injury information to a 3rd party, wouldn't surprise me if an NDA was standard for most athletes receiving non clinical treatment.