Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

Just now, Thomas5737 said:

Still good for players with future issues. Settle 20+ sexual misconduct civil cases get 8 games.

Settle 2 in the future, get suspended for a half a game.

Well, the Texans franchise did the same thing and haven’t even had their name brought up much.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Well, the Texans franchise did the same thing and haven’t even had their name brought up much.

This is a big issue for the NFL. In the bargaining agreement it states Owners will be held to a higher standard yet owners haven’t had any punishments for their miss steps. In all honesty I think Watson should get suspended for a year.

But that clause is not being meet by the NFL so bassed on that I think it should be a short suspension. Not because Watson deserves a short suspension but because the nfl isn’t living up to its end of the deal

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

They may have had complaints and did nothing but that isn't the same as doing something. If found true (there should be a paper trail) they should be held accountable and fined and maybe even lose a draft pick.

However if the actual person that has been accused of doing these things gets a single digit suspension I wouldn't expect the Texans to get punished at all, maybe a small fine. Obviously those making the ruling doesn't see this activity as even equal to a public intoxication charge (or 25 of them). So the Texans bought Watson a beer, what can you really do to them.

1 hour ago, hornbybrown said:

This is a big issue for the NFL. In the bargaining agreement it states Owners will be held to a higher standard yet owners haven’t had any punishments for their miss steps. In all honesty I think Watson should get suspended for a year.

But that clause is not being meet by the NFL so bassed on that I think it should be a short suspension. Not because Watson deserves a short suspension but because the nfl isn’t living up to its end of the deal

All of that is in the player discipline agreement. It's called the personal conduct policy league policy for players. Yes it says owners are held to a higher standard but the document itself only refers to players discipline (even in the title) so there isn't any legal recourse so no need to live up to a deal.

Snyder needs punished. What eventually happens, who knows. It's harder to punish a peer than an employee though. He is part owner of the NFL so it's tricky.

Kraft's issue is nothing compared to Watson. No victim. Who cares. If Watson did what Kraft did 25 times I'm 100% on board with rooting for him. Not the case though.

56 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I really doubt this would happen, but if the judge rules 0 game suspension, what does that mean for Watson in the public eye?

0 games would mean there’s no real proof he did anything other than accusations. 

There is no real proof (physical proof) or he would have been criminally tried. Same with Roethlisberger's cases. The stigma will stay over Watson just like it stayed over Roethlisberger. Eventually it won't be the first thing you think about when you hear his name but he will always be associated with it and as fans we will always be associated with rooting for him/defending him.

It is what it is. I'm still disgusted by the whole thing, hopefully something changes. Maybe I just fade away. It all depends on what happens and how some of us adapt. I wouldn't have watched Mike Vick be the face of this team. Still wouldn't.

Fans quit this team over incompetence so if we lose some over this I doubt it matters.

57 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

And it looks like he won’t get off without any suspension if he was willing to go 6-8

If he would agree to 8 and the league 12 it seems like there was an easy negotiation of 10. Who knows if any of this is true. If so, they are terrible at negotiating.

7 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

If he would agree to 8 and the league 12 it seems like there was an easy negotiation of 10. Who knows if any of this is true. If so, they are terrible at negotiating.

I think from the NFL's perspective, it is just as important for it to take a hard line for PR's sake.  This suspension policy is to make sure the NFL never has a repeat of the Ray Rice situation.  With issues involving violence, sexual misconduct and the like the NFL want's to be able to say we take this seriously no matter whether the arbitrator comes down on its side or more on the players.  To me, this would make it hard for the sides to reach a negotiated settlement.  Compromise to some inside the NFL may undercut the message of taking a hard line and sending a message, which overrides the desire to reach a settlement and move on.  For this reason, if the suspension feels too short, I would expect the league to appeal.

Edited by mrpazzo
typos

I would imagine that with a suspension will come the reasoning behind the suspension.  There will be some details that weren't previously reported that will probably shed some light on things.  I doubt it will exonerate him in any kind of way, and it could possibly make him look even worse than he already does (if that's possible)  It also may show some of the women in a bad light, which is unfortunate.  If there are any involved in the suit that were ok with what happened behind closed doors, but now want to be paid?????  

And it looks like 3 more settled

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/sources-suspension-ruling-on-deshaun-watson-decision-is-imminent-225247184.html

Edited by big poppa pump