Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Thought there would be more excitement for Watson in here… you guys realize he’s a Top 7-8 Elite QB in the NFL right? I would have loved to have him. Baker who is a fringe Top 20 average QB to Watson is a mega upgrade. 

Burrows ,Mahomes,tannehil,Brady, Rodgers Carr, Allen,Russell,

He is a 10 to 15 level qb that made a living out of beating bottom level teams.

He has a career 500 win percent that won 1 playoff game while throwing to Fuller,Johnson,and cooks 

Welcome Dr Watson!
Browns all in for super bowl run as they have their franchise QB.  I believe Watson has the leadership qualities that Mayfield lacked and this will give the team the “it” factor to win.  Also, Watson is the perfect QB for Stefanski offense which should translate into playoff team potentially for 5 years.  There is no excuse for off the field activities but he is here to play football which he has clearly demonstrated.  LETS GO BROWNS

43 minutes ago, viking said:

Fingers crossed the NFL slaps on a fair suspension for the sexual predator - full season minimum.

Yeah, should totally punish people based on accusations....I am all for him being suspended if there is proof. If it remains just accusations then suspending him goes against the country's premise of innocent until proven guilty. But I guess that is the country we live in today eh?  

And for the record, I am neither saying he did not do it, nor he did. But I was raised that there is a due process that is done and until determined guilty, you are innocent. If the civil cases are ruled against him then suspend him. 

Edited by pscottdai

45 minutes ago, #32 said:

Welcome Dr Watson!
Browns all in for super bowl run as they have their franchise QB.  I believe Watson has the leadership qualities that Mayfield lacked and this will give the team the “it” factor to win.  Also, Watson is the perfect QB for Stefanski offense which should translate into playoff team potentially for 5 years.  There is no excuse for off the field activities but he is here to play football which he has clearly demonstrated.  LETS GO BROWNS

He is a 500 qb he is not montana,Elway  or Brady if he gets suspended it is season over for the Browns. 

Based on value alone, the Browns robbed Houston.  Pick 13 and our 2023 and 2024 1sts (plus those other picks) would be considered less than the Seahawks got for Wilson, and about the same as what San Fran gave up to draft Trey Lance.

Pretty obviously where those three guys rank moving forward in actual NFL value.

Now, we obviously have this tiny elephant in the room, ya know, 22 accusations of sexual assault.  I never trust this kind of stuff when one lawyer rounds up every accuser to try and push civil cases, but obviously there is at the very minimum SOMETHING to all this.  He WAS flying in masseuses from all over the place that he had no prior relationship with, which is obviously normal no matter how much money you have.  

Also, there is obviously not enough evidence to take Watson to trial for any sort of criminal activity.  

As for civil, normally I would say he should just settle and pay whether he did anything wrong or not, but with 22 people that could be rather pricey.  I have a feeling these civil cases will drag.

Will the NFL suspend?  Personally I think it's easier for them to NOT suspend and say "with out super thorough investigation, we found no factual evidence that warrants a suspension".  If they were to suspend  him for say 6 games, that means they KNOW there was wrong doing, and a 6 game suspension is a slap on the wrist and slap in the face of everyone else.  At least a zero suspension allows to them to not admit there found any factual evidence of these assaults. 

Its a tricky spot for everyone.  It's also a tricky situation moving forward, because if all this stuff is true, it doesnt just stop.  

All in all, professional football is a sport, it is entertainment, and I treat it as such.   Nothing in my life changes when the Browns win or when they lose other than maybe less parties to go to.  The NFL is full of terrible people, yet we all follow the NFL and root root root.   I personally like the move, it gives the Browns a legitimate chance to contend for a Super Bowl, and I am more than capable of tuning out the annoying noise of this likely never ending discussion of the assaults.  No disrespect to anyone regarding what I just said about them talking about the assaults being annoying, but when I want to wind down from all of my actual stresses in my actual real life and watch a little football, I want to watch and hear football, not all that other stuff.  I don't care about any of it for those few hours.  Tuned......out.  

Enjoy the season everyone.  That's the whole point.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

So are you predicting that he beats Mayfields 12 wins this year 

Yes or no sense this team is built to win 

Now

If he plays 17 games, maybe.  

We will be a better team than in 2020 if he does.  As good or better record??  Maybe.  We did have a soft schedule in 2020, so depending how it looks this year not really sure.  It's hard for ANY team to go 13-4.

2 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

If he plays 17 games, maybe.  

We will be a better team than in 2020 if he does.  As good or better record??  Maybe.  We did have a soft schedule in 2020, so depending how it looks this year not really sure.  It's hard for ANY team to go 13-4.

Yes or no