Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

2 hours ago, duke2056 said:

Just saw this post.  If you think he is 10-15 and listed some of the QBs you listed, how can you every expect anyone to take you seriously about anything ever?

Answer my questions yes or no

Or how can you be expected to be taking seriously 

If those qbs are so wrong how you comeSaturday Morning Friday GIF by Hello All did not say yes he is going to win 13 games.

After all if you go buy wins and losses he is a 500 qb

6 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

In the relative grand scheme of things with how we had to get him today, sure. The fact 2 of those nerds passed when they could have had him on a rookie contract for one first round pick and had our franchise QB and DE in 2017...ehh.

Hue Jackson and Deshaun Watson would have been quite the special pairing.

Evidently, Hue didn't want Deshaun, and the nerds deferred to Hue on the QB decisions. But whatever... this is where we are now, and this current FO continues to impress (at least they impress me lol).

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Answer my questions yes or no

Or how can you be expected to be taking seriously 

If those qbs are so wrong how you comeSaturday Morning Friday GIF by Hello All did not say yes he is going to win 13 games.

After all if you go buy wins and losses he is a 500 qb

Well fortunately you don't run an NFL team, because the GM of NO TEAM EVER goes by strictly wins and losses when evaluating any player.  

But yes, I believe the Browns will win more games this year than in 2020 if Watson is not suspended.   12-5.  I think they will average 11 wins for the next 3-4 years if Watson is not suspended and playing.

Maybe we should do a poll to see who should be taken more seriously, me or you.  I MIGHT have a chance there.

Edited by duke2056

40 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I’ll say this, the silver lining is that Emily Mayfield goes away.

It’s crazy I’ve said it here before but I actually watched the Browns Ravens game Bakers rookie year with her. Got to talk to their whole group during the game at this bar in LA. St.Felix if anyone ever needs a west coast browns bar. 

It was the one where he throws it to Willies for that long play at the end of the game. 

She wasn’t that annoying that day, but just sitting with them you could tell they have this inflated view of Baker. They were kinda blaming things on the roster back then, but they had a point because of all the Hue Jackson turmoil going on.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

Well fortunately you don't run an NFL team, because the GM of NO TEAM EVER goes by strictly wins and losses when evaluating any player.  

But yes, I believe the Browns will win more games this year than in 2020 if Watson is not suspended.   12-5.  I think they will average 11 wins for the next 3-4 years if Watson is not suspended and playing.

I will take that 

My prediction he does not have 1 12win year in the next 2 years.

Point 2 Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Cincinnati get 2 top picks in each of the next 2 years and in the 3rd year we finish in last place.

Point 2even if we get the next jok this year we have trouble winning 8 games.

Edited by mtmmike
Left out

3 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

I will take that 

My prediction he does not have 1 12win year in the next 2 years.

Point 2 Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Cincinnati get 2 top picks in each of the next 2 years and in the 3rd year we finish in last place.

Point 2even if we get the next jok this year we have trouble winning 8 games.

huh?  Point or prediction?   I am having trouble following what you are trying to tell me here.

I think you are saying you think the Browns just got worse??

• Like 1

Just now, duke2056 said:

huh?  Point or prediction?   I am having trouble following what you are trying to tell me here.

I think you are saying you think the Browns just got worse??

Prediction they do not win 12 games this year or next year with Deshaun at qb.

Simple no let alone 13 that says Deshaun is a better qb.

Predicting they don't win 12 games isn't exactly a bold move there Cotton.   There were 6 teams who won 12 or more games last year.  It's tough to do, especially when you are in a division with two other team who could easily win 12 games, and the other team is Pittsburg.  

I also dont think this move was risky.  RISKY would have been pushing forward with Mayfield and being in NFL purgatory with a a bunch of 7-9 win seasons. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

Maybe we should do a poll to see who should be taken more seriously, me or you.  I MIGHT have a chance there.

BJ Goodson, Malcolm Smith, TakiTaki (yuck)

Garrett, Ogunjobi, Richardson, Vernon (decent but they were underwhelming)

Ward, Kevin Johnson, Karl Joseph, Ronnie Harrison, Redwine (not good at coverage minus Ward)

Yeah, if we perform equally to the 2020 offense with our current defense we should easily improve on 2020's record. If we score 48 offensive TDs and turn it over 16 times with our defense I'd guess 14 wins. Remember we were outscored that year when we were 14th in the league in scoring and ran the ball 500 times. That's a pretty poor defensive performance.

I think Browns fans might need to accept a rocky 2022 season depending on how long Watson is out. Which will be a fun media narrative, making the move we did and if we miss the playoffs. My hunch is Watson is out 8 games. So we ride with QB2 half a season. It could be a tough year ahead unless we really stock pile the roster. 

21 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

Predicting they don't win 12 games isn't exactly a bold move there Cotton.   There were 6 teams who won 12 or more games last year.  It's tough to do, especially when you are in a division with two other team who could easily win 12 games, and the other team is Pittsburg.  

I also dont think this move was risky.  RISKY would have been pushing forward with Mayfield and being in NFL purgatory with a a bunch of 7-9 win seasons. 

We would probably have only rolled with Mayfield 1 more year.