Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

15 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Yes or no

I dont know our schedule.  I dont know how many games Watson will be suspended, if any.  I dont know what other crazy moves will be made out there.

Offhand, if Watson does not miss any time and nothing else super crazy happens (say the Steelers trading for Mahomes or something), then I would guess the Brown record this year will be 11-6 or 12-5.

Not sure why you are so adamant about me answering this question for THIS season.  This isnt a make or break season for this team.

Also, Baker had 11 wins in 2020.  Extra game now though, so that skews that just a bit, but obvioulsy 12-5 would  be better than 11-5

Edited by duke2056

5 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Burrows ,Mahomes,tannehil,Brady, Rodgers Carr, Allen,Russell,

He is a 10 to 15 level qb that made a living out of beating bottom level teams.

He has a career 500 win percent that won 1 playoff game while throwing to Fuller,Johnson,and cooks 

Just saw this post.  If you think he is 10-15 and listed some of the QBs you listed, how can you every expect anyone to take you seriously about anything ever?

I am going to try this.  These are the QBs I would take over Watson for one season right now:

Josh Allen, Joe Burrow, Mahomes, Justin Herbert, Rodgers, Brady.

For the future, I dont believe I would take anyone YOUNGER than Watson who isnt on this list, and would take him over Rodgers and Brady for the future.  

So, for me, from franchise QB perspective moving forward, he is in my top 5.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pscottdai said:

Yeah, should totally punish people based on accusations....I am all for him being suspended if there is proof. If it remains just accusations then suspending him goes against the country's premise of innocent until proven guilty. But I guess that is the country we live in today eh?  

And for the record, I am neither saying he did not do it, nor he did. But I was raised that there is a due process that is done and until determined guilty, you are innocent. If the civil cases are ruled against him then suspend him. 

Is it 22 or 24 women who have come forward to accuse him? I've seen differing reports. It's easy to lose count with that high of a number.

And yeah sure...innocent until proven guilty. That's always the way the justice system has worked in sexual assault cases...especially for defendants with tens of millions to spend on their legal team. 

Edited by dawgattack
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, dawgattack said:

Is it 22 or 24 women who have come forward to accuse him? I've seen differing reports.

And yeah sure...innocent until proven guilty. That's always the way the justice system has worked in sexual assault cases...especially for defendants with tens of millions to spend on their legal team. 

And there were another 20 who were interviewed by the police (per reports) from the same one year period and said he was totally professional about and well behaved. 

Again, I am not saying he did not do it. I am saying that you do not punish someone unless they are proven guilty.  The court of public opinion does not count. 

Edited by pscottdai

1 minute ago, pscottdai said:

Again, I am not saying he did not do it. I am saying that you do not punish someone unless you they are proven guilty.  The court of public opinion does not count. 

The court of public opinion does not count but on the other hand even if the cases get tossed or he wins in court doesn't mean it didn't happen. 

13 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

I am going to try this.  These are the QBs I would take over Watson for one season right now:

Josh Allen, Joe Burrow, Mahomes, Justin Herbert, Rodgers, Brady.

For the future, I dont believe I would take anyone YOUNGER than Watson who isnt on this list, and would take him over Rodgers and Brady for the future.  

So, for me, from franchise QB perspective moving forward, he is in my top 5.

What’s wild though is Watson is still just a year older than Burrow. 

7 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Thought there would be more excitement for Watson in here… you guys realize he’s a Top 7-8 Elite QB in the NFL right? I would have loved to have him. Baker who is a fringe Top 20 average QB to Watson is a mega upgrade. 

Baker an infinitely better human being than Watson.

6 minutes ago, pscottdai said:

And there were another 20 who were interviewed by the police (per reports) from the same one year period and said he was totally professional about and well behaved. 

Again, I am not saying he did not do it. I am saying that you do not punish someone unless you they are proven guilty.  The court of public opinion does not count. 

Is this what we’re doing now? 

IMG_1598.jpg

There’s a pretty enormous grey area between found guilty and innocent.

You do you, but this is one of those less is more situations imo.  

Lastly, being suspended without being found guilty in court absolutely does happen in the NFL.

9 minutes ago, pscottdai said:

Again, I am not saying he did not do it. I am saying that you do not punish someone unless they are proven guilty.  The court of public opinion does not count. 

Well, here's the thing for the NFL.  The court of public opinion seems to count MORE than the court of law.  See Kaepernick, see Ray Rice's suspension skyrocket when the PUBLIC saw what happened.

In terms of the court of law, obviously you can't punish someone who wasn't proven guilty (although they do it all the time when people are held in jail for like a year until they go to trial), but businesses punish people ALL THE TIME for bad optics whether they were ever found guilty of anything or not.  

As for Watson, the 20 who said he was no problem really don't count.  Why should they?  Murderers don't murder everyone they meet do they?

Some stuff happened, apparently it wasn't criminal or can be proven to be criminal.  He never would have gotten a fair trial anyway, I can pretty much guarantee you that.  

It's all crazy, can't wait to see the 30 for 30 in a couple years.