Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

15 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

I get that, but wouldn't this be like the state of Ohio pushing a huge human trafficking awareness pledge and using Ariel Castro as their spokesperson? Like I really am struggling to think about what on earth we could do to smooth this over that could actually be genuine and sincere. 

There’s nothing man, that’s the thing. The fact that a campaign is needed is enough to know the truth. It’s what happens in politics. It’s a movement to change the narrative and shield the truth. I’d rather they just not lie to us and just come out and say that he’s a good quarterback and that’s what they care about. But alas, they’re going to piss down our backs and yell that it’s raining on this. The campaign is surely underway…

To piggyback here, what’s to train? Watson has maintained innocence this whole time. So what are you going to educate him on? He has nothing to learn because in his mind he hasn’t done anything wrong. So, the only defense/campaign that even makes sense from the browns perspective is trying to exonerate him to the public. Which is a ridiculous task considering the volume of women accusers. Usually you would expect a guy to come out and talk about how he has made mistakes, he has learned things, etc. That doesn’t even make sense here, especially with civil proceedings ongoing. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

This is a pretty obtuse view of things. No offense to you personally, I guarantee you're not the only one who has those thoughts currently, however, this isn't a "everything the Browns do is ridiculed" situation. Externally, the articles were probably close to being written. They just needed to edit the "insert trading team here" into what was already written, because the narrative was already there. IF Atlanta or New Orleans or Carolina had pulled the trade off, the same articles highlighting the same facts and concerns would be written about. In pure football motives, sure, it was absolutely a great trade to make.

The impact felt more for me was seeing how many Browns fans, whether it be people on here, friends I've made on twitter, women that bleed orange and brown, its seeing them hurt, disgusted, disappointed. To add insult to injury, there's been a huge lack of support for those fans, those people. I've seen some that started sharing charity groups in Cleveland to donate to in support of sexual assault victims, and thank god that out of all of this, some people have stepped in to do impactful things like that for the community. Ben Allbright committed to donating 1k to the cause. I saw one guy who is one of the biggest Browns fans I've met donate $2022 dollars, and pledged more after he sells all of his Browns gear. 

Sure, some of these will eventually return to being fans again, but many won't.  What could have been the most exciting move in franchise history, has sadly been the most divisive move. I get why we did it, but I still wish we wouldn't have. Most of you know I am a huge Baker Mayfield fan. I would have gladly given him away for us to not make this deal. I just don't know how we approach our female fan base, or the women who represent the organization, and we look them in the face and say "we hear you, and this is important to us as well, but we just couldn't say no to making this deal." 

I'd say that I'd pray to have it come to light that he was innocent of the assaults, but that would just lead to those who supported the move to point and laugh at those who weren't, it would  lead towards more skepticism towards sexual assault victim's claims overall in a world that already has an awful track record of taking these claims seriously or prosecuting those accused. 

I also wonder if our media will give him a pass for answering the tough questions. We all can recite the "how have you changed since the suspension" Grossi hot take. 

I get the disdain I just don't agree with it is all. I'm not defending Watson but at the same time the herd mentality in the world is ridiculous. You either want the best team on the field or you don't, it's really that simple

If I'm being honest, I don't think any of you truly care, it's just what's in style right now. Some are on their high horse so you gotta pander to the masses to feel like you're a part of something. But like any trend, it'll be gone and over with shortly. It is what it is.

It's in that never talk about politics or religion because it'll lead to an argument territory. I'm not here to argue, just simply to say the team took a big step in the right direction talent wise and that excites me, it's really nothing more than that

3 minutes ago, TeHDruiD said:

I get the disdain I just don't agree with it is all. I'm not defending Watson but at the same time the herd mentality in the world is ridiculous. You either want the best team on the field or you don't, it's really that simple

If I'm being honest, I don't think any of you truly care, it's just what's in style right now. Some are on their high horse so you gotta pander to the masses to feel like you're a part of something. But like any trend, it'll be gone and over with shortly. It is what it is.

It's in that never talk about politics or religion because it'll lead to an argument territory. I'm not here to argue, just simply to say the team took a big step in the right direction talent wise and that excites me, it's really nothing more than that

I don't think you could be more wrong. Places like here, this is our safe space. Most of us have random names and if we crossed each others path's walking down the street, we wouldn't even know we have spoken to each other on here. So to see many people on here saying it matters to them, it should say something. Its fine for you to disagree with it, but I'm not sure how you could pretend it isn't real, unless that helps you feel better with your stance of winning is all that matters. In all honesty, that's the bigger issue in the world. Morals matter until a Saudi prince murders an American journalist, but we need access to their OIl and we make billions off of trade deals with them. So we accept the most absurd claim ever as a truth to continue our business with them. Morals matter to LeBron James when it comes to rights, and social injustice, until someone says something about China, and he feels that financial gains could be impacted by it, so he calls out the guy who said something. 

I'll leave the examples there because I don't want to cross any boundaries with politics and what not. Let me leave you with this. You and I may not agree on this, but I am going to do my part to make sure my replies are professional, and open minded on this issue, or any issue. The reason why we have the issues that you pointed out in the world is because the world struggles with putting people who differ in opinion together in the same room and having them actually talk to each other open minded to where they can find a peace and common ground. 

• Like 4

Jim Brown raped a woman and he gets no crap though? That's kind of my point about the herd mentality. The guy has a damn statue outside the stadium hence why I'm confused on why it's ok to idolize a rapist/woman beater but Watson (who hasn't been charged with anything yet) is the devil...

Or did we all forget about that? The hypocrisy is special.

Edited by TeHDruiD
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Thought there would be more excitement for Watson in here… you guys realize he’s a Top 7-8 Elite QB in the NFL right? I would have loved to have him. Baker who is a fringe Top 20 average QB to Watson is a mega upgrade. 

We went through a river of **** from 15-17. This feels worse.

16 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

The one where sexual assault matters. Which is the one I am in. 

I care about winning. You think Bill Bellichick has a moral compass? He's been in more scandals than I can count. Yes sexual assault is a lot different than cheating at a sport, for sure, if it's true he's definitely a dirtbag. However, I don't get attached to players or root for players. I root for a team and care about winning a Super Bowl Championship.

The odds all 53 guys on a team are clean and haven't done some superrrr sketchy s*** is basically 0%. Pro Sports players are known for being dirtbags. I would say a vast majority actually. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I care about winning. You think Bill Bellichick has a moral compass? He's been in more scandals than I can count. Yes sexual assault is a lot different than cheating at a sport, for sure, if it's true he's definitely a dirtbag. However, I don't get attached to players or root for players. I root for a team and care about winning a Super Bowl Championship.

The odds all 53 guys on a team are clean and haven't done some superrrr sketchy s*** is basically 0%. Pro Sports players are known for being dirtbags.

I like very few NFL players, they come across as greedy and entitled. I have had a like/loathe relationship with Baker, I didn't want him in 2018. I like the team, I like the sport, the fact that you and I have made just shy of 40k posts between us it shows that this is more than people throwing a ball, it is nearly a religion for us, and if it is a religion or something like that the QB is the high priest, I like my priests not sexually assaulting people.  

Nick Chubb is my favorite player I have liked him since week 1 of 2018.  I like him as a person, I like the way he plays, he seems like a good due.