Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

35 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well... sorta. You just have to do some math. One sexual assault claim with no criminal charges equaled 6 games reduced to 4. Roethlisberger had a previous accusation that he settled so we'll call it 2 games per assault, which seems fair. So... 48 games. 

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was suspended Wednesday for six games for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy, the league announced.

Commissioner Roger Goodell handed down the punishment a week after prosecutors decided not to charge Roethlisberger in a case involving a 20-year-old college student who accused him of sexually assaulting her in a Georgia nightclub in March.

Roethlisberger also was ordered to undergo a comprehensive behavioral evaluation. Goodell will look at Roethlisberger's progress before the season and might consider reducing the suspension to four games.

However, a failure to comply with the NFL's ruling might lead to a longer suspension.

Roethlisberger is barred from attending any Steelers on-field, offseason activity until he completes the evaluation. He can participate in training camp and preseason games this summer as long as he is cleared by the evaluators and Goodell.

Roethlisberger is the first player suspended by Goodell under the conduct policy who hasn't been arrested or charged with a crime.

I wonder if D-Watts bodyguards were guarding the door while this was happening or is that info that they didn’t have?

Good on all of you to root against a guy not charged or sentenced of anything. A grand jury turned it down. You should look into the legality of even approaching a massage therapist of sexual acts. Let the legal process play out. Hell an old white billionaire (6 rings in the last 2 decades) got off scot free for soliciting prostitution from masseuses. Let that sink in. A player requested a trade from a ****ty situation (see Bill.) and all of a sudden this is a problem. I’m not preaching right or wrong but my god this guy hasn’t been guilty of thing yet. It seems like none of you do research and just say omg it’s on the news. Take him to the gallows. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

One case doesn’t equal 20+ cases going on 30+ cases. Not a remotely close comparison. 

I think Roethlisberger settled 3 sexual assault civil cases. No, it's not 24 but you can still divide 24 by 3 to get 8 and then multiply Ben's suspension by 8 (48 reduced to 32). So while the assaults weren't as extreme as Ben's the volume was magnified.

Pretty sure Watson gets off easier than Ben did... well at least more frequently. Sorry, got sidetracked. I mean I bet he doesn't get 2 or 3 seasons worth of suspension or why would the NFL approve the trade? Unless they really don't like the Browns but sheesh, we've never given them a reason.

2 hours ago, nugpimpen said:

You can root for the team and hope Watson plays well while still disliking the man and caring about the awful things he did. It's not black and white. Rooting for him to play well doesn't mean you are ok with his actions. It's really not that hard @BroncoSojia

Are ya buying a Watson Jersey? The football player, not the man.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Are ya buying a Watson Jersey? The football player, not the man.

I'm not sure I'll buy anything else Browns related.  I'm rather disgusted by the whole situation.  I never was a jersey purchaser though.  I won a Couch jersey in a raffle when the club came back.  That's the only one I've got.  I do have a couple of old t-shirts and a hat, but nothing less than 15 years old.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

Definitely not.

That's weird. You're rooting for the most important guy on the team and yet you won't buy his jersey.

We all just have our own feelings. You may stop at buying his jersey. Joe may buy his jersey and not care about any off of the field stuff. Pete may stop supporting the team while he is QB. Frank may just need a little time before rooting for the man in the football jersey and maybe it comes sooner than later or maybe it never comes.

We all just have to be true to our own feelings. If you don't care at all that is fine. If you refuse to watch the team while Watson is the QB that is also fine. Maybe your feeling change with time and you change your opinion, that is also fine.

If you refuse to flip flop you refuse to learn.

Right now, I'm watching all Browns games Watson doesn't start because I'm scared I'd root against him which would be like rooting against my team and I don't deserve that. We'll see what time does, maybe it gets easier for me to accept like you currently do. I just can't say for sure and I shouldn't have to.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

That's weird. You're rooting for the most important guy on the team and yet you won't buy his jersey.

We all just have our own feelings. You may stop at buying his jersey. Joe may buy his jersey and not care about any off of the field stuff. Pete may stop supporting the team while he is QB. Frank may just need a little time before rooting for the man in the football jersey and maybe it comes sooner than later or maybe it never comes.

We all just have to be true to our own feelings. If you don't care at all that is fine. If you refuse to watch the team while Watson is the QB that is also fine. Maybe your feeling change with time and you change your opinion, that is also fine.

If you refuse to flip flop you refuse to learn.

Right now, I'm watching all Browns games Watson doesn't start because I'm scared I'd root against him which would be like rooting against my team and I don't deserve that. We'll see what time does, maybe it gets easier for me to accept like you currently do. I just can't say for sure and I shouldn't have to.

I'm responding to Bronco's post about us not caring about the allegations. One can care about the horrible things without causing me to stop rooting for a football team.

1 hour ago, nugpimpen said:

I'm responding to Bronco's post about us not caring about the allegations. One can care about the horrible things without causing me to stop rooting for a football team.

Absolutely. We all invest differently into our fandom. One also can't. It's just different people with different opinions. I'd love to be all in on my favorite football team and I'm jealous of those that are. I wish I was one of you.

10 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Absolutely. We all invest differently into our fandom. One also can't. It's just different people with different opinions. I'd love to be all in on my favorite football team and I'm jealous of those that are. I wish I was one of you.

Yep.

In some ways it’s exciting to think we may actually have a real shot at a Super Bowl, but imo it feels gross.

Like, I’m trying to just tell myself  “you can be a fan of the team and enjoy watching them without supporting the individual”, but knowing we won because we actively sought out a known rapist as a QB is gonna rob a lot of the joy of anything we do accomplish.

What shocks me most about this whole situation is how carefully the nerds have constructed and implemented their systems to give us a legitimately pretty good football team and now all of it hinges upon the possibility that the starting QB may never play another down. It’s like counting cards until you’re up big and then decide to bet it all on a number in roulette. I don’t get it. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

What shocks me most about this whole situation is how carefully the nerds have constructed and implemented their systems to give us a legitimately pretty good football team and now all of it hinges upon the possibility that the starting QB may never play another down. It’s like counting cards until you’re up big and then decide to bet it all on a number in roulette. I don’t get it. 

• Like 1