Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Are you saying the owner of the business may have trafficked herself?

No that’s exactly what I’m not saying. She could have been a victim at some point earlier and is now being used to traffic others by higher ups after who knows how long in it, which is speaking towards the sad cycle of what it is and how complex of an issue it is.

They were monitoring several locations and their investigation showed no signs that any human trafficking was going on at that location. There was illegal prostitution going on which the women were charged and the clients were charged but they were dropped because of video evidence (that proved their guilt) that wasn't obtained legally. He obviously was guilty of the misdemeanor charge. 

Any suggestion that there was trafficking going on is wishful thinking (sadly) in hopes that Kraft looks worse and by some people's comparison makes Watson look more normal or as a victim that he gets treated unfairly compared to an owner. 

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

No that’s exactly what I’m not saying. She could have been a victim at some point earlier and is now being used to traffic others by higher ups after who knows how long in it, which is speaking towards the sad cycle of what it is and how complex of an issue it is.

She owns the business. She isn't a manager or talent scout. 

Oh yeah, a lot of things could be the case. Hue Jackson may have formed his foundation to cover up him actually trafficking people. Pretty careless to make that accusation without any evidence or claims by alleged victims but you can do it. 

Edited by Thomas5737

38 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

She owns the business. She isn't a manager or talent scout. 

Oh yeah, a lot of things could be the case. Hue Jackson may have formed his foundation to cover up him actually trafficking people. Pretty careless to make that accusation without any evidence or claims by alleged victims but you can do it. 

You literally don’t understand what I’m saying. If she’s part of a ring, it could be affiliated with organized crime and yes she’s the owner that could be a front for a ring and have been brought in as a teenager, which is the sad and unfortunate norm for most. 

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

You literally don’t understand what I’m saying. If she’s part of a ring, it could be affiliated with organized crime and yes she’s the owner that could be a front for a ring and have been brought in as a teenager, which is the sad and unfortunate norm for most. 

Sure, but you are just saying things that no one has claimed or even hinted at. Just to make one of the Johns look like he is even creepier than he is. You could be that same woman and this is your cry for help. I wouldn't know. If you need help just say something.

Law enforcement was monitoring a bunch of these places looking for that kind of criminal activity but they claim that they found no indication that anything beyond illegal prostitution was going on at that establishment.

Does it mean that there 100% wasn't anything like that going on there? No. Just like I'm not 100% sure that it isn't going on at the Burger King down the road. I just would hope while one woman was in custody that law enforcement would make her feel safe enough to speak the truth. Also if Kraft bought out everyone I would hope at least one law enforcement officer would be above that and speak the truth and I think they would.

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

Oh yeah, a lot of things could be the case.

Pretty careless to make that accusation without any evidence 

You forgot the rest of my sentence (intentionally I'm sure)...

Pretty careless to make that accusation without any evidence or claims by alleged victims

19 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Which isn’t a admission of guilt. Often is the case that settlements are made because it’s just easier than going through the trial process. 

Well I guess it depends on what you would do with how you perceive it when others do it. No way in hell am I paying for damages in a sexual misconduct case if I'm not a sexual predator because that stigma will follow. I'd spend my entire life feeling guilt about allowing my name be associated with that and that's going to be much more of an annoyance than telling a court my side of the story.

But that's just me. Maybe Watson doesn't care. Maybe it will blow over. May as well settle and 20 years later no one will even remember. No one remembers Roethlisberger wasn't criminally tried and that he settled his sexual assault civil cases. Right?

Well I guess it depends on what you would do with how you perceive it when others do it. No way in hell am I paying for damages in a sexual misconduct case if I'm not a sexual predator because that stigma will follow. I'd spend my entire life feeling guilt about allowing my name be associated with that and that's going to be much more of an annoyance than telling a court my side of the story.

But that's just me. Maybe Watson doesn't care. Maybe it will blow over. May as well settle and 20 years later no one will even remember. No one remembers Roethlisberger wasn't criminally tried and that he settled his sexual assault civil cases. Right?

Far lower threshold needed for a conviction in a civil case, by defending yourself even if innocent you might be harming yourself. In a criminal case far more likely to be deemed not guilty in a he said she said situation, where as with the civil case it often goes the other way. OJ Simpson is a good example of this.

by the way I know OJ did it, just pointing out its far easier to get a result in a civil case

1 hour ago, hornbybrown said:

Far lower threshold needed for a conviction in a civil case, by defending yourself even if innocent you might be harming yourself. In a criminal case far more likely to be deemed not guilty in a he said she said situation, where as with the civil case it often goes the other way. OJ Simpson is a good example of this.

by the way I know OJ did it, just pointing out its far easier to get a result in a civil case

What harm would defending yourself entail? It may be more expensive and time consuming but if it were me it would be worth it to try to clear my name.

But to be realistic, if you have that many people come out and complain about you then there is a slight chance that they are telling the truth and then who cares if people think your are a predator if you actually are one. Seems like it would be a bit easier to swallow.

49 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If Watson didn’t force these women against their will, what’s the difference between him and Kraft again?

Well he obviously did or we wouldn't be here. At least the claims are that he did. Go ahead and do what he has been accused of doing and see where you end up.

In all likelihood Watson is a sick man and he needs help. Doesn't mean you can't root for him but it sure looks like you'll be rooting for a man who needs at least education but possibly much more help than that. We know what he has been charged with doing is wrong, don't we? Please tell me that at least. What the claims were was very bad behavior done over and over.

We can agree to that I think. Well 90% of us.

As far as needing video evidence for some, sure. It's pretty much denial but living in denial may be better than the alternative. Look at me. I am a sad puppy when it comes to my football team. I don't know when or if I'll ever be able to enjoy watching a guy we just gave up the farm for.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well he obviously did or we wouldn't be here. At least the claims are that he did. Go ahead and do what he has been accused of doing and see where you end up.

In all likelihood Watson is a sick man and he needs help. Doesn't mean you can't root for him but it sure looks like you'll be rooting for a man who needs at least education but possibly much more help than that. We know what he has been charged with doing is wrong, don't we? Please tell me that at least. What the claims were was very bad behavior done over and over.

We can agree to that I think. Well 90% of us.

As far as needing video evidence for some, sure. It's pretty much denial but living in denial may be better than the alternative. Look at me. I am a sad puppy when it comes to my football team. I don't know when or if I'll ever be able to enjoy watching a guy we just gave up the farm for.

you cant go by claims alone, claims can get the procedure and investigating going and should be investigated but, you still need some evidence of proof to hold somebody accountable the case of Brian Banks is a good example of that.  also with eh burden of proof being so much lower in a civil case this is why you see so many people settle it even as they proclaim that they didn't do it, to make it go away, imo a civil case is much more likely to be swayed by the court of public opinion

• Like 1